Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

enhanced 172

47 minutes ago, tymk said:

Looking good, but definitely too much plane for me at the moment 😉

I really miss the light singles from A2A in MSFS, but I'm afraid they're still a long way off...

I think  A2A Cherokee is almost ready!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks for that. It was the only 'big' flaw I have found. I'm off to go try spinning it. I was unable to spin the default Ver.

the Mod is great, I have not been able to spin this yet

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, tymk said:

The early reviews seem rather positive, but -- having been spoiled by A2A's C172 -- I'd like to ask those who have already purchased the add-on about a few details:

• Is it possible to start the engine using the proper technique, that is prime > mixture to idle cutoff > crank > mixture to rich after the engine starts?
  • Can you flood the engine, fail to start it if you don't prime properly, etc.?
  • Is the Cessna-style nose wheel properly modeled, that is, does the plane require differential braking to steer on "GA-sized" taxiways?

TIA,

Tym

No, it's not possible to start the engine with the mixture in cutoff position as in the real aircraft.   The whole priming sequence is simply a fake routine that has no actual impact on the engine starting correctly.  

Edited by hobart escin

18 minutes ago, hobart escin said:

No, it's not possible to start the engine with the mixture in cutoff position as in the real aircraft.   The whole priming sequence is simply a fake routine that has no actual impact on the engine starting correctly.  

Thanks, I was afraid that might be the case. Well, looks like I'll have to wait for A2A then... I got so used to the whole engine simulation in their FSX/P3D products that I simply cannot stand the fake startups, etc. I hope they get their act together sooner rather than later 😉

8 hours ago, tymk said:

Thanks, I was afraid that might be the case. Well, looks like I'll have to wait for A2A then... I got so used to the whole engine simulation in their FSX/P3D products that I simply cannot stand the fake startups, etc. I hope they get their act together sooner rather than later 😉

A2A will do everything the right way with nothing fake about the process.   😉   I would speculate that they are waiting on the release of SU10 before releasing the upcoming Comanche for MSFS2020 though.  

12 hours ago, tymk said:

A2A is only announced Cherokee so far for MSFS. And it's been  a while! So you are up for long wait!

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

A2A is only announced Cherokee so far for MSFS. And it's been  a while! So you are up for long wait!

Make that Comanche.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Make that Comanche.. 😉

Yes.. Comanche, Cherokee all Piper Indians LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello,

I may be wrong but it seems that you can sill extend the flaps well above VFE without consequences. I am surprised that they did not choose to simulate flaps damage. 

FWITW: Vfe for F10 is 110kts. 85kts (top of white arc) applies to F20/30. 

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I still think is the shame that only S model is represented in most sims. Backbone of training fleet are still most affordable older 172 especially N/M models. Carbureted O320, 40 degrees flaps, and only 160hp!  

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I still think is the shame that only S model is represented in most sims. Backbone of training fleet are still most affordable older 172 especially N/M models. Carbureted O320, 40 degrees flaps, and only 160hp!  

Yeah I have many hours in the slightly less glamourous 172's. I have flown a beautiful injected one as well. But carb icing would be a cool thing. Just adds that extra thing that those of us with some hours in them are used to, the drop in power when the engine is chugging ice. Well the reduced power you have when you have the carb heat open generally. Remembering to cycle it every 15 mins at part of your FREDA's. Flying in moisture etc. To be honest that's probably why they decided to go with the injected engines! Less to simulate! 

Spinning the 172 would actually depend on the particular airframe, some would enter the spin easier than others. I remember you had to give a bunch of rudder to get it to enter the spin, although I do also remember scaring myself and my instructor once when I actually got us pointing slightly inverted at the ground while trying it once! (we were at 7 and a half thousand feet at the time) But man the speed goes from stall to into the yellow band scarily quickly! Especially during the power on stall. Suddenly your staring at the ground and the sound of rushing air is getting mighty loud!

Man it was fun.

Anthony Milner

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes!! I wish A2A would have chosen the 172N back then...I highly doubt we'll see a high quality Skyhawk II anytime soon.