Sign in to follow this  
Beerz

Xplane 12 Released

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I was getting 40+ fps over a large city with all settings maxed. Outside of cities I saw 120fps!

settings? sliders all left or right? 

Edited by Beerz

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The lighting in XP 12 is much better than XP 11. Lighting in XP 11 is garbage, IMO.

from the videos i have watched my XP11 with XVISION and other addons looks much better than XP12

15 minutes ago, Beerz said:

from the videos i have watched my XP11 with XVISION and other addons looks much better than XP12

Ahh, ok. Anyways, I am referring to the default lighting for XP 11.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

The lighting looks better and more realistic with a higher dynamic range in colors as compared to MSFS. This in itself is a huge accomplishment from the Laminar team. They really mastered the photometric data.

I can't disagree more with that. The lighting is absolutely nothing like in real life. That's one thing that MSFS has absolutely nailed, the lighting and tone of the general atmosphere is superb and very life-like. XP12 in its current form doesn't come close.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I can't disagree more with that. The lighting is absolutely nothing like in real life. That's one thing that MSFS has absolutely nailed, the lighting and tone of the general atmosphere is superb and very life-like. XP12 in its current form doesn't come close.

Thats your point of view, Ive watched some of the other videos, to me xplane is more real, its a subjective thing.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

The lighting looks better and more realistic with a higher dynamic range in colors as compared to MSFS.

Ooooh no, not seeing that at all.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Man this thing needs ortho, and badly! Ive added GB north from Orbx that I had for XP11, and its made a world of difference! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Ooooh no, not seeing that at all.

I am seeing banding.... LG C1 with HDR 120 hz top of range etc with 3090. 

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I am seeing banding.... LG C1 with HDR 120 hz top of range etc with 3090. 

Does HDR even works ? I am also on a LG C1 with hdr turned on in windows but I don't see the hdr toggle button in game. I don't think HDR is working right now.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

i'm having a issue with not being able to turn the anti-aliasing thru the XP12 program and my NVIDIA control panel my spec are GTX 2060 6GB, 32MB 3600, Intel I9 99K and all latest drivers installed anybody having this problem also? thanks

25 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Does HDR even works ? I am also on a LG C1 with hdr turned on in windows but I don't see the hdr toggle button in game. I don't think HDR is working right now.

I am not sure, I do not see any toggle either. Apparently they 'built it in' according over the org forums? 

54 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Yeah me too, and I don't see any option

Edit: I just tried turning HDR on in Windows and it seems to work so far. Colours look better. 

Edited by steve310002

Does anyone know how to get snow to appear on the ground? I'm currently using the demo version. I set the weather to -20, chose late December, and moderate precipitation. Still no snow:(

5 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I am getter better performance compared to MSFS.

I am not.  It may be due to me running at 1440p.  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Has anyone else spotted the UFO which I guess is an Easter egg? It was following me near Portland. I made a video recording. As I recorded in HDR, the highlights are all totally blown so ignore that part. The truth is out there...