Sign in to follow this  
bubbajune

Windows 11 update 22h2 - Beware

26 minutes ago, FidelBrut said:

Performance problems on Windows 11 are very noticeable, especially in games, and therefore I will not update to it yet.

So, you read that somewhere right? 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

No problems here on Windows 11 at all.

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

1 hour ago, FidelBrut said:

Performance problems on Windows 11 are very noticeable, especially in games, and therefore I will not update to it yet.

This is totally wrong for the vast majority of users.  No real performance gains either, but W11 does run better with CPU's like the 13900k.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Been on win11 for almost a year now and so far I'm quite happy with it, I will go as far as to say, better than win10 for me, better organized and quite stable, from games/performance standpoint, as good as win10.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

So my computer automatically installed 22H2 just now, despite me trying everything under the books to stop it. Before I go through the pain of restore points / etc, are all the issues with 22H2 fixed? Are there still crashes and low performance from those who reported it?

Edit: It booted right into the BIOS after updating to 22H2. Guess that answers that. 🙃

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Windows 11 and MSFS  always worked very well on my old Nvidia 1070 machine and they continue to work even better on the 3090 machine I bought myself for Christmas.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.