Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Landing 737 versus Fenix A 320

I've given up on Fenix with these new updates and have gone back to v1.0.2.104 for now. At least I can land the plane once again. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I've given up on Fenix with these new updates and have gone back to v1.0.2.104 for now. At least I can land the plane once again. 

I have been thinking about doing the same thing, is the landing much better now?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

and certainly not in a video game. 

Did you just call my sim a video game?! *angry noises*

On a more serious note, I find the Fenix to be quite easy to land on the current version. I start the flare at about 35 feet (shortly before the callout) pulling gently and retard throttles just AFTER the retard call, not right on it. Greased the landing in KPDX.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have been thinking about doing the same thing, is the landing much better now?

I haven't flown it yet since switching back to v1.0.2.104 but before all this updating started this month I didn't have any issues with landing the Fenix A320. Granted I'll miss some of the other updates included in the recent updates but I rather be able to land the plane. If I stayed on the most recent update I would have parked the A320 and just flew the PMDG 737 until the next update. There are still tons of complaints and I have watched several YouTube and Twitch streams where users are still having issues with landing. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Today I did a great landing with -95 fpm quite near the touchdownzone with the latest fenix update. I do not understand that some having issues with a correct landing. The aircraft behaves absolutley correct.

Just start to practice !

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Today I did a great landing with -95 fpm quite near the touchdownzone with the latest fenix update. I do not understand that some having issues with a correct landing. The aircraft behaves absolutley correct.

Just start to practice !

Congratulations. Still doesn’t solve the problems many others are having. You already posted in this topic that you have no problems landing the A320 so why keep repeating it. Do you have a solution besides practice?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Just start to practice !

I have been practicing, without exaggeration around 70 hours. Prior to the Fenix update I was averaging around 150 FPM.  Now every landing is a word not allowed shoot, and I have flown in  the Sims, 737s, and 767, and DC6s, the Connie, etc for years  with no landing issues at all.  There are dozens and dozens of complaints about the landing since the update, on the Fenix Facebook page and on their Discord page. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Just start to practice !

Awesome! Can you show us a video of your landing the a320? Maybe I can get some pointers through that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin_28 said:

Awesome! Can you show us a video of your landing the a320? Maybe I can get some pointers through that.

I agree, what we need is some of the pros to show us what they can do in a video. I have seen a couple of real A 320 videos on YouTube, where the landings were not so great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

I second the request. I would like to see a video to see how he does it. You never know, it might help.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree, what we need is some of the pros to show us what they can do in a video. I have seen a couple of real A 320 videos on YouTube, where the landings were not so great. 

Cpt Canada is a well known flightsim Youtube steamer "not a rwp" and is pretty good at landings in XP and MSFS and even season simmers like him struggle to land the Fenix after SU10 and the Fenix updates. All the RWP seem to struggle with the Fenix at the moment from streams I have seen, what's going on here is it a Fenix issue or MS issue?

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

Did you just call my sim a video game?! *angry noises*

Haha sorry! 😁

But you know what I mean... at home on a desktop computer with consumer or prosumer hardware.  It's incredible what's possible now, but it's not exactly a 1:1 recreation of every nuance of flight just yet. 

Maybe in SU11!  😄

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

This is something I can't figure out. This is a landing that I made this afternoon in the Fenix, and the report from Landing Rate monitor...

Landing rate:    -311 ft/min 0.91 g   Now I can't figure out  how I can touchdown with .091 G and at the rate of 311 FPM???