Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Aerosoft showcases EFB on A330

48 minutes ago, Maxis said:

But when it gets released the usual flurry of reviews will come in so we will see. 

I think “reviews “ should be taken with a pinch of salt. Not to generalize but many portray an overly optimistic outlook on a product.

Aerosoft is ok for the casual simmer who is only interested in flying A to B, engage AP at 400 feet and watch the magenta (or green) line up until 1000 feet above the destination.

It’s light years behind FS Labs but as much as I am a fan of the latter, using it (or the fenix for that matter ) for standard operations only is a waste of money. At least in p3d the aerosoft bus can cater reasonably well for that crowd.

• Like 1

Its Aerosoft, it is not going to be anything special. Not on a level of PMDG, Fenix, or Leonardo anyways. It will get you there from point A to point B just like Salty and Heavy division does for the modded default 787 and 747.

Edited by jbdbow1970

@ha5mvo my opinion also.

If AS could improve LNAV / VNAV tracking ...basicaly overhaul the AP...I for myself would not need to go for FSL (because of the price point).

AS Airbus Bundle 80€

FSL A320 150€ + A319 60€ + A321 60€ + (A318 probably 60€)... = 330€

So I think AS is doing a good job in that price segment.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

21 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Were they perfect? Definately not! I had recurring issues with all of them (e.g. LNAV tracking bad in some cases) but they were no blocking points for me (given the price tag).

Would I buy AS A330 if it launches same time as e.g. FENIX or FSL? Nope, I would definately go for one of the last 2 guys.

Would I buy it if it would be the only A330, definately YES!

it pains me to agree you on all of those 3 points.

if a half decent 330 or 787 came along in ms2020 it would be enough for me to abandon p3d, due to the airline I work for having both the 330 and 787 and me wanting to fly them in the sim.

On a separate note I said to my mate just this week, "it pains me to agree with you, that ms2020 seems the way forward now we have the fenx, fbw neo and pmdg 738 and they arent half bad"  something I would of never ever ever ever would of said upto a few weeks ago.

Im itching to loose p3d once and for all, the only thing stopping me is a 330 or 787. 

14ppkc-6.png

Are they doing a cargo variant? So far I think the only decent Airbus cargo is to pretend the Headwinds -900 is a -300.

9 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Are they doing a cargo variant? So far I think the only decent Airbus cargo is to pretend the Headwinds -900 is a -300.

Probably not, on P3D they didn't even make the other engine variant because "not necessary for the mass market".

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

Small update from Mathijs re pricing: 

He also stated that Aircraft is ~90% complete, so hopefully the release is sooner than later. I hope Q2 release is possible

Source: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159142-aerosoft-aircraft-a330/page/98/#comment-1103933

"We have not yet set the price, will not be 60 Euro though."

They're targeting the MP, Xbox and cloud market. They have stated this a while ago plus the system depth will not be on the same level as other products in that price range.

Edited by jbdbow1970

They still haven't fix the CRJ why in the world would I buy this from them. If they are fine releasing a payware without proper working LNAV then I have low hopes for anything from them in the future. Its all abandonware

• Like 1

for hard simmers like me studying tons of manuals nothing change. I fly using fenix/PMDG with failures and a pilot life app. For me it's like going back. But for the casual simmers is ok i guess

8 minutes ago, A330B747 said:

for hard simmers like me studying tons of manuals nothing change. I fly using fenix/PMDG with failures and a pilot life app. For me it's like going back. But for the casual simmers is ok i guess

This is the same challenge I have. And since I like to fly cargo, my decent options are either continue trying to learn the 737, or pretend the Headwinds stuff, which is at least based off the FBW stuff, cargo variants are used.

24 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

This is the same challenge I have. And since I like to fly cargo, my decent options are either continue trying to learn the 737, or pretend the Headwinds stuff, which is at least based off the FBW stuff, cargo variants are used.

Learn the 737. It's worth it. ASL and PrimeAir are two cargo operators that use the 737. I think there are more 737 freighters than A330 freighters anyways. Of course it's not a long haul cargo flight, for that you'd have to wait for the 777...

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

earn the 737. It's worth it. ASL and PrimeAir are two cargo operators that use the 737. I think there are more 737 freighters than A330 freighters anyways. Of course it's not a long haul cargo flight, for that you'd have to wait for the 777...

I am. I am getting there. Landings continue to be a massive challenge. I am going to get FSIPanel to help set up the approaches for practice.

Just now, BrammyH said:

I am. I am getting there. Landings continue to be a massive challenge. I am going to get FSIPanel to help set up the approaches for practice.

You could also save the money for FSIPanel and just slew yourself back onto the approach. Works pretty fine and enables you to do many landings in a short time. Of course this is all about flight path, speed and flare; you wouldn't care about correct procedures like lights, spoilers etc.