Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Iris PC-21

Initial thoughts: I got the canopy to close finally, that seems buggy in VR. Flight controls are not working for me, several others have posted about it on the MSFS forums. IRIS bug tracker for it is public and it has been reported a bunch of times. Graphically it looks good. MFD's switches etc all look great in VR and pancake. A little toooo clean but thats a personal thing.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

picked it up...cant for the life of me figure out how to close the canopy in vr once the pin is removed

There's a clickspot on the right ledge of the cockpit where the bottom of the canopy mates.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

12 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

There's a clickspot on the right ledge of the cockpit where the bottom of the canopy mates.

Yah for some reason the click spot wasn't working in VR. Re installed it and it worked.

Nick Silver

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

4 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

Initial thoughts: I got the canopy to close finally, that seems buggy in VR. Flight controls are not working for me, several others have posted about it on the MSFS forums. IRIS bug tracker for it is public and it has been reported a bunch of times. Graphically it looks good. MFD's switches etc all look great in VR and pancake. A little toooo clean but thats a personal thing.

Me too Canopy works fine for me but no flight controls(throttle works fine though). I'm sad.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Just now, Daytona125 said:

Me too Canopy works fine for me but no flight controls(throttle works fine though). I'm sad.

They put up a modified config on their discord...not sure if it was aimed at this or increasing the roll but after putting the modified config in it fixed my control issue.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

41 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

They put up a modified config on their discord...not sure if it was aimed at this or increasing the roll but after putting the modified config in it fixed my control issue.

It's to fix the roll rate and controls for users who had issues.  Some had no controls and slow roll rate.

Out of the box it's worked fine for me and a heap of our community who purchased it last night - roll rate spot on and controls all working.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

THANK YOU so much CaptainNick, I would never have found that on my own. Worked great!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

I always liked the PC-21 in FSX/P3D. I will probably buy this one but the low poly count and texture resolution of the seat belt when watching over the shoulder towards the wing is a bit disturbing.

This plane is a downright steal at this price - gorgeous, flies wonderfully, with an FMS (does that make it a "gateway plane" for tubeliners?), full autopilot and lots of options on the PFD displays there is very decent systems depth... not to mention it's fast as all get-out.  And don't even mention Carenado and this thing in the same breath. 

If you ask me, this thing is a HOOT!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

This plane is a downright steal at this price - gorgeous, flies wonderfully, with an FMS

What can you do with the FMS?  Is it just point A to B or can you load procedures from Navigraph data etc?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

36 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

What can you do with the FMS?  Is it just point A to B or can you load procedures from Navigraph data etc?

I have just posted some screenshots in the screenshot forum 🙂

I have tried to buy it direct from Iris today but no joy.  Two different credit cards rejected.  Both cards are fine of course.  It seems to be a problem with the site (overloaded?)

I must admit, after watching a few YouTube videos, it does seem a decent price at about £20.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Sadly I'm neither FMS-fluent nor a Navigraph user, but I don't believe it's quite that advanced.  Still exploring.

"That's what" - She

On 10/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, St Mawgan said:

Also does it sound as good as this?

It sounds like this:

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

It really does look like fun! Probably amazing in VR.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s