Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Live Weather and Others Unavailable

Since SU11, Maverick Activities, Content Manager, and Live Weather have all been unavailable.  Is it just me; did I miss something?

Tom

Go into your settings, data, and turn your setting back to "ONLINE".

Edit: Just so you're aware, the game automatically turns your settings to offline mode after 3 consecutive "connection lost" prompts.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I am online but still can't change the weather. If I go to 'Preset' I can change the time of day but not the type of weather which is stuck on 'Live'. Was really annoying yesterday when the whole of the South East UK was blanketed in fog. There is a bug somewhere. 

I can't change it while flying either - 

Screenshot 2022-11-15 090345

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

I am online but still can't change the weather. If I go to 'Preset' I can change the time of day but not the type of weather which is stuck on 'Live'. Was really annoying yesterday when the whole of the South East UK was blanketed in fog. There is a bug somewhere. 

I can't change it while flying either - 

Screenshot 2022-11-15 090345

You need to select Custom in the Weather Menu before you load into the plane, that way you can easily switch between presets & Live when in the air.

flight_simulator_weather_change_8.jpg

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

You need to select Custom in the Weather Menu, that easy you can easily switch between presets & Live.

That doesn't work for me. The only option I have is Live Weather - Preset and Custom are not available - 

Screenshot 2022-11-15 092248

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

They're clearly there bottom left, select Custom.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thanks but - it doesn't work. If I select Preset or Custom all I can change is the time of day, nothing else. 

Screenshot 2022-11-15 103238

What a weird bug!  I have never seen anything like that.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I have noticed that since SU11 whenever I load into a flight the real time and live weather are off, I have to manually set it, where as before SU11 it all loaded automatically.

• Upvote 1

OK, now fixed for me. I signed into my XBox Live account and changed a few of the privacy settings. I think my Multiplayer options were broken which was somehow limiting what I could do on the Flight Options page. I now have Preset and Custom back again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WestAir said:

Go into your settings, data, and turn your setting back to "ONLINE".

Edit: Just so you're aware, the game automatically turns your settings to offline mode after 3 consecutive "connection lost" prompts.

Thanks. This did the trick.

• Like 1

Tom