Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Cool scenery set for seaplane lovers

9 minutes ago, shermank said:

wrong, there is a single exe package that will auto install into proper folders. BTW, RTMM works great in P3D AND MSFS, probably XPLANE TOO. To get the best out of RTMM, you also need the old Tongass Fjiords which is now free. There is a learning curve for some of the installation. But, this is an amazing site, a real labor of love by those who created and used it. Scroll down and look for the installation options. Scroll down for the three express installations. For those who use MSFS, go to the RTMM main home page and click the MSFS2020 link. I do not know much about the procedures because I fly P3D V5.3. Good luck, join the forums to ask questions or post here and I or others who may know even more will try to help

Sherm

https://return.mistymoorings.com/s_install/index.php

Where is this single exe file that you mentioned?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't think it exists for MSFS.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I don't think it exists for MSFS.

Yea I couldn't see it maybe I missed it - don't matter anyway downloading is not more tricky than downloading a bunch of freeware from flightsim.to

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Here is a beaver question, there is an anchor option in the EFB.  Now I assume if I deploy the anchor I should stop on the water but nope, I'm just drifting.  Is this working as intended?

Hmm in fact scrap that the Anchor option is greyed out and I'm on the water hmmmm...

EDIT:  You have to have engines off to drop the anchor!  Loving it!

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-29-28-0-15-

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Reread my post. Click the hyperlink and that will take you to the page 

sherm

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

47 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Yea I saw that......and I have ORBX Alaska but I decided to just "give it a go" and see what I see.  It doesn't say what specifically is incompatible, I'm guessing it might be elevation issues and stuff but I'm going to leave ORBX Alaska installed until I run into issues and then decide if its worth the hassle disabling it.  Then again I can count on 1 hand how many times I have actually flown in Alaska with the ORBX scenery!

I use Freemesh Alaska and it works fine. Note that Tongans Fiord must also be installed to get everything right with RTMM. You can DL it free from RTMM and there is a full instructions discussion on a sim from Poppit who used to be with P 3D before she retired 

Sherm 

1 minute ago, shermank said:

I use Freemesh Alaska and it works fine. Note that Tongans Fiord must also be installed to get everything right with RTMM. You can DL it free from RTMM and there is a full instructions discussion on a sim from Poppit who used to be with P 3D before she retired 

Sherm 

Yep I got those.....thanks

Thomas Derbyshire

Things used to be more complex as far as RTMM for FS9 and FSX installs were concerned.

These days there is a single master RTMM download for FSX and for early versions of P3Dv1-2-3.

There is a complete add-on for P3Dv4x and v5x. Unzip, drop the package into the default add-ons folder, start the sim, enable and and go.

(Also Tongass comes in FSX installer and I built a complete Tongass Addon for use in P3Dv4 and v5x.  Again Unzip, drop the package into the default add-ons folder, start the sim, enable and and go.

(Tongass Fjords X is not required for MSFS!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spacer.png

RTMM for MSFS2020: https://return.mistymoorings.com/z20_homepage/index.php

The only RTMM location that is fictitious location in MSFS is the token home base of PF20 which is Misty's Place. Every other location is true to form and that will remain that way in MSFS2020.

You can download any other locations you see on the MSFS2020 Scenery Page, all of them are FREEware!  Which includes El Capitan Lodge, George Inlet Lodge and Cannery, The Tongass Docks Locations, New Eddystone Rock, 30 SPB that are missing from the sim, other enhanced airport locations and more such as the Alaska Lighthouses package (contains 18 Lighthouse locations), the BC Lighthouses package (contains 49 Lighthouse locations) that exist around Vancouver Island and along coastal BC. Make sure you DL the DOC for the lighthouses as it contain full documentation of each lighthouse as well as FP. (which can also be found at flightsim.to) .

https://flightsim.to/file/24550/lighthouses-for-alaska-usa-by-rtmm

https://flightsim.to/file/23901/lighthouses-for-british-columbia-canada-by-rtmm

All of the packages are the same as most for MSFS: extract the zip/rar and either place or link to the community folder.  (Scan your scenery lib in LNM or Plan G so that all the locations will be reflected. (All locations have valid ICAO so easy to navigate to any. (Also compatible with Orbx Mesh).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions just pop by the rtmm forum or post here.

Best Regards

Norm  (nbrich1< MSFS ID), (One of the admins at RTMM and the Misty Flying Club (VA).

spacer.png

Edited by nbrich1
  • Like 8

For those looking for Tongass fjiords installation instructions, here is the complete 411.

Read  carefully and follow exact steps. It is tedious and detailed but worth the effort 

Sherm

Edited by shermank
Spelling

1 minute ago, shermank said:

For those looking for Tongass fjiords installation instructions, here is the complete 411.

teaf carefully and follow exact steps. It is tedious and detailed but worth the effort 

Sherm

Forgive my ignorance for MSFS I don't see anything like that on the site, its just a download and plonk in community folder?  Right?

Thomas Derbyshire

35 minutes ago, shermank said:

I went to that link, and the install is not for MSFS?????

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, nbrich1 said:

Things use to more complex as far as RTMM FS9 and FSX installs were concerned.

These days there is a single master RTMM download for FSX and for early versions of P3Dv1-2-3.

There is a complete add-on for P3Dv4x and v5x. Unzip, drop the package into the default add-ons folder, start the sim, enable and and go.

(Also Tongass comes in FSX installer and I built a complete Tongass Addon for use in P3Dv4 and v5x.  Again Unzip, drop the package into the default add-ons folder, start the sim, enable and and go.

spacer.png

RTMM for MSFS2020: https://return.mistymoorings.com/z20_homepage/index.php

The only RTMM location that is fictitious location in MSFS is the token home base of PF20 which is Misty's Place. Every other location is true to form and that will remain that way in MSFS2020.

You can download any other locations you see on the MSFS2020 Scenery Page, all of them are FREEware!  Which includes El Capitan Lodge, George Inlet Lodge and Cannery, The Tongass Docks Locations, New Eddystone Rock, 30 SPB that are missing from the sim, other enhanced airport locations and more such as the Alaska Lighthouses package (contains 18 Lighthouse locations), the BC Lighthouses package (contains 49 Lighthouse locations) that exist around Vancouver Island and along coastal BC. Make sure you DL the DOC for the lighthouses as it contain full documentation of each lighthouse as well as FP. (which can also be found at flightsim.to) .

https://flightsim.to/file/24550/lighthouses-for-alaska-usa-by-rtmm

https://flightsim.to/file/23901/lighthouses-for-british-columbia-canada-by-rtmm

All of the packages are the same as most for MSFS: extract the zip/rar and either place or link to the community folder.  (Scan your scenery lib in LNM or Plan G so that all the locations will be reflected. (All locations have valid ICAO so easy to navigate to any. (Also compatible with Orbx Mesh).

If you have any questions just pop by the rtmm forum or post here.

Best Regards

Norm  (nbrich1< MSFS ID), (One of the admins at RTMM and the Misty Flying Club (VA).

spacer.png

I've not downloaded the Cabins yet, do they show in LNM?  

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, ZLA Steve said:

A lot of these spots are real (or inspired by real places) but have fake identifiers so they show up in the airport menu.

PF20 is fictional. It is Misty’s home base complete with docks, dirt strip , supply store, maintenance garage etc. very cool spot to hang out for bush flyers

Sherm