Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

MSFS Dev Stream Starting

Snow cover resolution is being looked at, they need to talk to meteoblue. They'll also be talking about them about the weather radar.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Snow cover resolution is being looked at, they need to talk to meteoblue. They'll also be talking about them about the weather radar.

They said they have a tool to disable snow on roads and runways. Seb: oh no one noticed it wasn't working because is was released in SU9 back in spring time. REALLY????

• Like 5

Working Title will be doing something called 'Aircraft and Avionics Updates'. They showed off their current Garmin beta, and they'll be doing improvements to the CJ4 for official inclusion into MSFS.

G3000/G5000 rebuilt from scratch

TBM got some tweaks (including opening doors)

Longitude is getting big updates

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 8

Ignore

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

New Zealand is the next world update

ORBX did most of the work

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 7

My notes:

• Core helicopter features will definitely continue to get improvements, especially based on feedback from 3rd party heli devs
  • Snow coverage (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h18m54s) : current data from Meteoblue live weather comes in not as fine grained.. there is more fine grained data available at Meteoblue however so they'll be updating sim to get that. More info to come early next year after more discussion with Meteoblue re: this and other topics around better data being employed.
  • Q (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h23m01s) : a question came about weather and earlier feature discovery video #3, what about some of the features described there.
    A: live weather can do all that is possible with manual weather. Turbulence, drafts, etc are not at all random any more, all simulated/calculated.
  • Thermals/drafts (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h25m21s) : in su10 vertical wind speed limited to 1500 fpm, turbulence removed if winds < 3 knots, unfortunately no slider ... in su11 vertical wind speed limit increased to 2000 fpm, also introduced conservation of energy (i.e. everything can't go up everywhere over desert. So if air goes up over desert, it should come back down elsewhere i.e. over water, etc) ... clouds also have energy conservation with drafts/thermals .. feedback is being received/reviewed.
  • They are asking us to use dev mode weather debug window to get all data/details (i.e. data from provider, how energy is computed, computations results, etc)... so use this debug window and tools to give feedback and give facts (i.e. this should be this much, etc)
  • Future: there will be a turbulence UI, with much more control
  • Future: currently partial CFD in SU11 for atmospheric airflow, full CFD simulation coming later
  • Roadmap 2023 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h33m05s)
    • 4 or 5 WUs, 3 city updates
    • SUs per usual
    • new kind of updates called AAU: aircraft and avionics updates (like WUs and SUs)
    • Matt Nischan presentation, AAU #1 coming in January 2023 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h33m51s)
      • default planes in premium edition are being beefed up pretty significantly
      • GNS 430/530 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h35m00s) : being redone from ground up to be default in various planes
        • authentic visuals (custom fonts/colors)
        • next gen fight plan (LPV, LP, LNAV/VNAV, +V)
        • procedures previews
        • keyboard entry mode
        • VNAV planning page
        • spec-accurate ADS-B TAS traffic system
        • full GPS and SBAS simulation (real world satellite positions)
        • enhanced NSRT and WPT pages, authentic airport symbology
        • enhanced maps, options, settings
      • CJ4 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h37m50s) : overhauled flight model, avionics overhaul, etc
        • improved soundscape
        • new and improved flight model
        • avionics visual overhaul for even more accuracy
        • next gen flight plan system (RF, intercepts, complex procedures)
        • split FMCs and MFDs with per screen settings
        • improved CAS and FMC message systems
        • full TCAS-II implementation (TAs, RAs)
        • keyboard entry mode (FMC)
        • enhanced VNAV with path smoothing, vertical direct-to
        • pilot waypoints, boot screen, AHRS alignment
      • G3000, G5000 updates (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h41m05s) ... pretty much equivalent to real models in every aspect
        • authentic visuals, hard to tell difference from real models
        • next gen flight plan system: RNP, RF, intercepts, complex procs
        • fully coupled VNAV (two types)
        • fully independent displays (PFDs, MFD, GTCs)
        • PFD and MFD can operate in split pane
        • user defined waypoints
        • full RNAV support (LPV, LP, LNAV/VNAV, +V)
        • full GPS and SBAS simulation
        • advanced waypoint info pages (airport METARs)
        • plugin system support for developers
      • TBM 930: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h43m36s
      • Cessna Citation Longtitude (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h44m26s) : improved to premium quality, "super deep plane" per Matt
        • advanced VNAV with climb, path-smoothing, fully editable FPAs
        • autothrottle with FMS-managed speed mode
        • full TCAS-II system (TAs, RAs)
        • taking and landing performance calcs (V speeds)
        • deep systems modelling with associated synoptics:
          • bleed air: affects starts, ECS, pressurization
          • ECS: full temperature modelling, routing
          • hydraulics: temp sim, pressures, system effects, PTCU
          • fuel: pressure, temps, routing
          • pressurization: multiple controller modes, schedules, GTC control
          • electrical: multiple buses, charge rates, logic, PTCU interaction
          • NORM!
    • There are two more of these kinds of AAU updates coming in 2023
    • 3 surprises ... hmm wonder what these could be
    • Next WU in Feb 2023: New Zealand (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h49m36s), in collab with ORBX .. DEM and arials, 4 bespoke airports, 6 PG cities, etc
    • SU12 coming in March 2023
    • ATR coming in March 2023, Hans Hartmann gave some good details of what's coming, seems pretty substantial (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1656334363?t=00h51m57s)
      • working with ATR itself
      • advanced avionics: synthetic vision system, TAWS, weather radar, virtual control panel, alerts and procedures
      • EFB: calculation of speeds, CoG, take off trim, lading distance calculator, icing taken into account in all situations, aircraft states, ground services, doors, maintenance functions, options
      • detailed aircraft systems and FMS: based on original documents and data supplied by ATR
      • advanced engine systems: propeller brakes, ATPCS, power management system
      • visual model: includes highly detailed passenger cabin
  • Manuals for some aircraft like CJ4, etc
  • Water physics improvements coming in future
  • Seasons coming and currently being worked on
  • ATC improvements coming (not necessarily in 2023 maybe)
  • They are not proud of Canada WU, apologized, they'll be sure to fix/improve that soon (currently being worked)
  • Also not happy about bridges, they are also being looked at and will be fixed via City Updates, etc
  • They are reassuring that they watch the official forums and all requests religiously, always discussing and prioritizing everything internally as a team, and then deciding on delivery or not in future SUs/WUs/etc

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 39
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Nothing on AI? I'm unable to watch this until tonight. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Nothing on AI? I'm unable to watch this until tonight. 

This was asked.  Seb gave a generic answer that sometimes things get broken but that's why they have flighting (beta).  Jorg chimed in that they were alerted by Kai but did not offer any specific timeline

• Like 2

DHC-4 Caribou coming as local legend with WU 12 ❤

• Like 3

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

3 minutes ago, ctalpas said:

This was asked.  Seb gave a generic answer that sometimes things get broken but that's why they have flighting (beta).  Jorg chimed in that they were alerted by Kai but did not offer any specific timeline

🤣🤣🤣

They should look at the s**t storm in their forums and the number of AI related topics. Clearly they're not taking this seriously. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Len

7 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

🤣🤣🤣

They should look at the s**t storm in their forums and the number of topics. Clearly they're not taking this seriously. 

He seemed to suggest they weren’t told during the beta testing in good time - utter BS.

I love listening to the Q&As and always look forward to them, but Asobo’s attitude or clear lack of focus on the AI situation is getting depressing- they clearly don’t see it as a priority. I’d rather they just come out and say that, rather than string people along.

there were many questions about the AI during the stream, but rather than give a detailed response and at least look interested they once again skimmed over it.

on a more positive note, the new update for NZ, avionics and aircraft are excellent.

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

how can anyone even remotely dream of competing with MSFS, again after the new roadmap for 2023?

to quote Joerg Neumann: "awesome, I am super excited, it doesn't get any beddder"  😀

twitch-18112022-19roa3eexo.jpg

ATR

twitch-18112022-18atrfnc0t.jpg

DHC-4 Caribou - Local Legends

twitch-18112022-14loc8li5a.jpg

twitch-18112022-13mili1cww.jpg

twitch-18112022-12ncsd.jpg

twitch-18112022-230c7n.jpg

twitch-18112022-5n6cwz.jpg

twitch-18112022-98hfwm.jpg

AAU, the upcoming Aircraft and Avionics Update for the Citation CJ4, Longitude, G5000, G3000, GNS 430 and GNS 500 will be in the next Sim update in January 2023, but the beta for this AAU update will still be December this year. this all will once again make this the most complex "Game" I have ever "played". I won't have time left for other games except for MSFS-punk. 😀

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 8

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.