Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

MSFS Dev Stream Starting

This is a massive roadmap and very ambitious, but they need to have a SU or two just focusing on fixing the broken stuff they have already delivered. This includes sorting out those server disconnects. Because i read that list and thought more about how broken this sim is going to be in 2023 than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

48 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've always got the impression from the somber and downtrodden Asobo guys that, actually, Jorg is a tyrant.

Clueless would be my word, take the development management reins away from him and give that role to a competent individual who has better experience of controlling a development schedule & team. Let Jorg concentrate on Partnerships, Licensing & Marketing instead, which he is good at.

Hes done well to get MSFS this far, but it's very clear he's out of his depth with certain aspects.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 11/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, jarmstro said:

I've always got the impression from the somber and downtrodden Asobo guys that, actually, Jorg is a tyrant.

I always just get the impression the Asobo guys are very tired - Seb in particular always looks like he could sleep for 8 years.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I always just get the impression the Asobo guys are very tired - Seb in particular always looks like he could sleep for 8 years.

🤣 You made my day !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

As usual, I liked to listen to them, and this week there was yet that other interview by Sérgio Costa, which gave even further insight into their work particularly in the rotaries.

I've heard Seb talk about conservation of energy regarding their weather model, the air the rises here must go down elswere, and how far that can hapen... I thought to myself I could contribute with some ideas regarding the scale of the process he describes which, starting at the microscale of a thermal developing due to the air mass above it turning unstable, either because it is inherently unstable or bacause the ground radiated so much heat that it was able to warm cnsiderably the air directly in contact with it...

In a cycle the thermal has it's own ballance, with the air that climbs being replaced by the air than sinks, and even get's dryer bellow, killing the thermal by it's base... The rest of the initial "bubble" continues to climb, the limit being what we ( glider pilots ) call the limit layer, and we meteorologists call the inversion layer. 

This kind of very local / microscale phenomena includes the energy ballance Seb talks about, and it happens also in the Desert, without having to drop the rising air that far appart...

Condorsoaring models this, in a simplistic but rather effective way.

I will ask Sérgio to somehow make this ideas reach Seb / ASOBO so that they can eventually turn soaring weather inbto an even more entertaining type of activity to do in MFS 🙂

These concepts are very satisfactorily explained in the "Glider Flying Handbook" FAA-H-8083-13A last edition 2013 I believe, on chapter 9 - Soaring Weather.

They talk about the "bubble model" and the "column model", and the whole manual is precious for anyone wanting to better understand soaring...  Wonder f Seb knows about it?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

🙄

Why are Bugs Introduced by the Beta Not Prioritized

Jayne - Great. Thanks, Martial! The last question we have on this list here is, “Why are some regressions, bugs and problems that show up in a beta…why aren’t they a high priority when brought on for the next beta update?”

Jorg - Oh, they are. I think that’s a misperception. I mean, that’s exactly what we do. You guys write us feedback. There’s lots of people obsessing on the feedback, we triage it. And then we re-prioritize. As you see, like, we just moved Sim Update 10 for that exact, precise reason. Because some people have real performance issues. It’s not every machine, it’s just some. We have a pretty elaborate hardware lab where we actually test these things. And it showed some interesting results. And some of it has to do with Nvidia, as we talked about earlier. Some of it has to do with other things. But we are absolutely – I mean, why else do a beta? We’re not ignoring anything. And we’re doing our best to prioritize it. Now at some point, if you keep adding completely new things, new features, then you’re never going to get done. But I think we are – I’d love to hear more specifics where somebody thinks we didn’t do that.

--------------------------------------------------------

Either he's delusional or clueless, which is it? Many bugs & new issues (regressions) have appeared over the 11 Sim Updates (and others) including during Beta periods that have yet to be fixed - that is a Fact.

Granted, not every single bug or every single regression can be fixed in any major software game of this size and that is perfectly acceptable, no one with half a brain is asking for 100% perfection. But to say they're not ignoring anything - when specifically new to the Sim VR bugs have existed since SU5 & SU7 (just one example of many) - is completely incorrect bordering on complete ignorance.

Nope, I'm not expecting you from your side of the fence to agree with anything I say, you're on the inside so you have better knowledge of the processes involved of course. But from the outside, from my point of view (and I others, I'm not alone here) he is clueless as to what it takes to be a competent head of development.

Sure he's got a lot of things right and is very good at those areas (like I said in my original post that you chose to delete from your reply), but when it comes to vague Q&A replies, rolling of the eyes, answers like the above and proof like I've posted here then he comes across as - clueless.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

🙄

That's exactly why I've had that guy on my ignore list.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

25 minutes ago, MarcG said:

But from the outside, from my point of view (and I others, I'm not alone here) he is clueless as to what it takes to be a competent head of development.

Jorg is not Head of development. He is Product owner and he does that role perfectly. Martial is Production manager. That is practically head of development. IMOH he is the weakest link here, always confused, with very little information on actual state of development. 

This is the first roadmap without any technological improvements of the Sim. Everything is just content content content. Very disappointing.

Edited by Dankovic

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

3 minutes ago, Dankovic said:

Jorg is not Head of development. He is Product owner and he does that role perfectly. Martial is Production manager. That is practically head of development. IMOH he is the weakest link here, always confused, with very little information on actual state of development. 

This is the first roadmap without any technological improvements of the Sim. Everything is just content content content. Very disappointing.

Aahh ok my apologies, but my (original) post still stands, this Sim needs a new, better more competent head of development.

Edited by MarcG

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

this Sim needs a new, better more competent head of development.

I wish its that simple. 🙂 Head of development is also limited by management & marketing schedules and priorities. 
At this point Jorg has done miracle for the franchise. He must sell all of this to Microsoft big heads also, and the cost of that is current state of the sim platform. New Head of development would be contra productive. 

Now is the time to let development focus only on the platform. Community would forgive them for all of this. But all hands on platform is a must at this point. This sim really does not need more content.    

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

14 minutes ago, Dankovic said:

So that entire Working Title segment does not fall under that???

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, Krakin said:

So that entire Working Title segment does not fall under that???

Nope... also just a content. Just one more garmin device  and there are already some payware ones. Nothing to do with platform fixes and improvements. (ok they will for sure fix something in background but nothing major). 

Only thing that I heard is that Seb said that they are in R&D for ray tracing. but it is not in roadmap for 2023. There is no commitment for anything in 2023. OMG they eaven didnt commt to finish DX12 implementation. It is still in Beta.

Edited by Dankovic

10 minutes ago, Dankovic said:

I wish its that simple. 🙂 Head of development is also limited by management & marketing schedules and priorities. 
At this point Jorg has done miracle for the franchise. He must sell all of this to Microsoft big heads also, and the cost of that is current state of the sim platform. New Head of development would be contra productive. 

Now is the time to let development focus only on the platform. Community would forgive them for all of this. But all hands on platform is a must at this point. This sim really does not need more content.    

If we got solid proof of concentrating on the core of the Sim, fixing many of the Regressions and Bugs I'd agree with you but after two+ years we haven't. That's where (IMO of course) a fresh set of eyes on the project can help, help to take the Sim further forward by not ignoring the issues at hand like what is currently happening. Like I've said, at this rate we'd still be getting good updates with nice features, but a very broken core, continuous regressions and no apparent attempt to fix them. That will add up and that is what needs to be stopped.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

Despite frustrating issues, I don't know of any consumer gaming/simming product that has this level of support. I've been gaming on computers since the Commodore days and most games were (and still are) put out there and the developers disappear or maybe issue periodic patches. Certainly, FSX did not have this level of communication and support that we have with MSFS.

Yeah, I want to see AI fixed and some of the other things. But, for about $100 (not counting all of the addons and hardware stuff), this is one heck of a product.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale