Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

MSFS Dev Stream Starting

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's not true everyone over at 'the other sim' sees themselves as elite looking down their collective noses every chance they get at the gamers over on MSFS 🤣

Coping mechanisms and delusions come in all forms 🙂

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

57 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m still not sure how it relates to simmers…

"people who hold a disproportionate amount of ..... skill in a group."

similar to "privileges" that real pilots hold:

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

31 minutes ago, Noel said:

sees themselves as elite

you become elite through achievement, not by entitlement.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

the Garmins that WorkingTitle has been and continues to work on is on a level above many users capabilities

You know this how?

34 minutes ago, turbomax said:

"people who hold a disproportionate amount of ..... skill in a group."

similar to "privileges" that real pilots hold:

spacer.png

So, they’re privileged then. Not elite. 

I say people who show off 4090's with performance and use VR seem to have the behavior of the "Elitist" rather than those who actually know how to simulate the aircraft and do proper procedures and that includes any sim, thats my take on this. I will just go away now. As far as AI and ATC blah

Edited by jbdbow1970

I've always thought of myself as a flight sim enthusiast. Elitist though - I don't know, it's definitely a term I wouldn't use to describe myself, haha 🙂

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

"the Garmins that WorkingTitle has been and continues to work on is on a level above many users capabilities"

You know this how?

reading the many questions re. Garmins in the forums and WorkingTitles discord?

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

53 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Elitist though - I don't know, it's definitely a term I wouldn't use to describe myself,

I've always thought of myself as a flight sim enthusiast.

"elite" could be a linguistic difference in non native english speaking countries. we are all enthusiasts here, but some know more about complex avionics or are prepared to learn about them than others. and the G400/500/G1000s have a lot to learn and discover. G1000 NXi manual alone has some 500 pages. 

let's not get too agitated here, I did not come here for socio-political debates. All I wanted to say is: ""people who hold a disproportionate amount of ..... skill in a group." and your knowledge re. FrameCaptureX, latency 😀 etc. makes you a member of those who "hold disproportionate amount of skill" as far as MSFS is concerned, like it or not. 😀

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

8 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

mend morphing cliffs

That would be an interesting topic for the next Q&A. In the feedback snapshot under „mountains/coastlines constantly morphing“ it says „planned“. If I remember correctly they never really talked about how and when they intend to fix it, they only acknowledged it and talked about the causes. Over a year ago, when it first appeared on the list, it was planned for 2022, but now it just says „planned“. As far as I know the only dev that has managed to almost completely eliminate morphing in a large area is Orbx. I wonder if Asobo plan to follow a similar route or even cooperate with them. I hope to hear more about it or better yet, see it fixed in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I say people who show off 4090's with performance and use VR seem to have the behavior of the "Elitist" rather than those who actually know how to simulate the aircraft and do proper procedures and that includes any sim, thats my take on this.

Pretty weird take. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, they’re privileged then. Not elite. 

"SIMILAR to "privileges" that real pilots hold:!

very nice.

59 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

That would be an interesting topic for the next Q&A. In the feedback snapshot under „mountains/coastlines constantly morphing“ it says „planned“. If I remember correctly they never really talked about how and when they intend to fix it, they only acknowledged it and talked about the causes. Over a year ago, when it first appeared on the list, it was planned for 2022, but now it just says „planned“. As far as I know the only dev that has managed to almost completely eliminate morphing in a large area is Orbx. I wonder if Asobo plan to follow a similar route or even cooperate with them. I hope to hear more about it or better yet, see it fixed in the not too distant future.

They actually addressed this question in the SDK Q&A that just happened, watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1660848226?t=00h58m00s .. Looks like improvements coming to resolution of terraforming in SU12, which they hope will solve this and related issues.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

27 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

which they hope will solve this and related issues.

tl;dr  "beer helps" 😀

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

28 minutes ago, turbomax said:

tl;dr  "beer helps" 😀

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1660848226?t=01h00m15s  ... fact check: true :), but good answer on their part.

• Like 1

Len