Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

Caribbean airport recommendations?

I would like to fly in the Caribbean more often. Now that there are Black Friday sales everywhere, I thought it would be a good time to buy some 3rd party airports.
I fly mostly airliners (A320s and Boeing 737), so I'm not that interested in GA airports.
I already have LatinVFR's San Juan and FSDT's Key West. Are there any other airfields in the area that you can recommend? Are there any "must-have" airports in terms of quality or just general atmosphere?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 3080, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I would like to fly to the Caribbean more often. Now that there are Black Friday sales everywhere, I thought it would be a good time to buy some 3rd party airports.
I fly mostly airliners (A320s and Boeing 737), so I'm not that interested in GA airports.
I already have LatinVFR's San Juan and FSDT's Key West. Are there any other airfields in the area that you can recommend? Are there any "must-have" airports in terms of quality or just general atmosphere?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

SLH simulations TFFR Guadeloupe: a french island that receive a lot of flight from Europe (France, Belgium, saisonal Germany and Italie), North America (Miami, Montreal, New York) and the caribbean (with more than 15flights a day with Martinique, the sister island operated by ATR or A320)

GAYA/Microsoft TNCM St Marteen Juliana which came with 40th Anniversary update so it is free. No need to talk more about this airport, every avgeek know it. The most interesting international airport to me

VueloSimple MBPV providenciales, Turk and Caicos. The water are just amazing, it doesn’t see a lot of flight but the scenery is nice

BravoAirspace MDSD Las Americas, a busy airport with only one runway, lots of flight with North America, you can still see old aircraft like MD80, Fokker 70, but also more moderne aircraft A350, A320Neo or 737max, also lots of turboprop

when Milviz and Asobo will release their ATR I suggest

AWD TFFG, way more interesting than TNCM believe me,it only receives flight from Guadeloupe or Martinique with ATR, PC12 or Twin Otter. ATR has to use reverse before takeoff, since the runway is so small. It will conflict with GAYA TNCM but I have a mod for that

TropicalSim TFFF Martinique, my beloved island, quite an active airport but a little bit less interesting than TFFR, you will still see a great variety of airplane from the small C208 to B777-300er or A350, from France, Belgium, Gemany North America (Miami, Montreal), and Caribbean Island. The traffic is about the same as you will see in TFFR Guadeloupe but TFFR has 2 Air France A320 based on the Island and JetBlue which operate flight from JFK, TFFF doesn’t 

FSDG TLPC St Lucia, really interesting airport for turboprop like ATR or C208, the scenery is quite nice and the approach is funny

Other great international airport in the region are, TAPA ANU Antigua, TBPB BGI Barbados, MYNN NAS Nasseau

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 4

@cyril972 Thanks a lot for these detailed recommendations! I‘ll check them out.

i9-11900K, RTX 3080, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Also nice for island hopping are Curacao TNCC and Aruba TNCA (both by Tropicalsim) and Bonaire TNCB (Aerosoft) with connections to St Maarten (TNCM) departing from Curaçao (Jetair F70 and WinAir ATR42)! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Also nice for island hopping are Curacao TNCC and Aruba TNCA (both by Tropicalsim) and Bonaire TNCB (Aerosoft) with connections to St Maarten (TNCM) departing from Curaçao (Jetair F70 and WinAir ATR42)! 

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Aruba TNCA, wich is one of the busiest Caribbean airport located on a small island, it is even busier than Guadeloupe and has more flight from North America but less from Europe. The scenery made by Aerosoft is also nicely done

I don’t go to this place often because it is further from North America that the one a mention 

side note: the ATR flight are wet lease by Winnair but the airline operating them is Air Antilles, based In Guadeloupe and Martinique, often the Aircraft would take off in the morning from Martinique to Guadeloupe for the first flight, then head toward TNCM SXM Juliana, for this place they would operated the flight under Winnair wet lease to Curaçao, Aruba,Bonaire, Dominica, Santo Domingo, Antigua, St Lucia….. and then head back towards their base in Martinique or Guadeloupe and call it a day

Edited by cyril972

3 hours ago, cyril972 said:

FSDG TLPC St Lucia, really interesting airport for turboprop like ATR or C208, the scenery is quite nice and the approach is funny

For international flights, FSDG also has St. Lucia's international airport, TLPL. Both airports offer beautiful approaches and as a native I can say they are well represented.

• Like 1

i5 11600K. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

There are two free airports in flight sim. for MDST and MDSD in the Dominican Republic. These are my favorite two airports, mostly because I lived there. However, many flights are from North/Central/South America and Europe. You can find a flight there from almost anywhere. Also, MDPP by Dreamflight has the same deal with the availability of flights. MDPP is a resort city, so you have great views and a challenging RNAV approach into 08.  All of those airports have great landing distances for length. One of the Antonovs landed there when the Haiti Earthquake happened as a refueling point before proceeding to Port Au Prince.

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I get a lot of use from TropicalSim’s MDPC.  Major destination with flights from all over North America, Europe and South America.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490, i9 10900k @ 5.3Ghz, RTX2080ti, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, VirtualFly Ruddo+ and TQ6+

I picked up VueloSimple's MBPV scenery (nice little Black Friday discount on Flightsim.to) based on the recommendation in this thread.

Does anyone have an opinion on VueloSimple's MWCR (Owen Roberts Intl, Cayman Islands) scenery? Tempted to grab that one as well in order to add to my Caribbean collection.