Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aerosoft Offshore Landmarks: North Sea (Released)

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The point of this addon being?

To add scenery objects such as oil platforms and off-shore wind farms - the sorts of things you would see in the real world.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I love helis and this is thew best heliport collection I have ever seen.

Both on ships and various rigs, hundreds of them in fact.

Very good on frame rate even with a gale blowing, makes for interesting landings, actually a bit easier than no wind. 

A bit of a process to install but not bad takes about 5 minutes. Very detailed textures.

If you love helis I highly recommend this rather cheap addition less than $15.00.

Heli Sim On and happy Tday.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I'd like this if it was set in another part of the world. I've been up on the North Sea - I don't ever want to visit again. 😂

However, given the proliferation of structures out there, it's a good add-on I think.

Edited by Paul K

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

On 11/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, pmb said:

Aerosoft states in their forum it's definitely not compatible with any other addons in the region

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/174755-very-important-disable-other-ai-traffic-dlc/

Henrik's not explicitely mentioned but certainly included.

Kind regards, Michael

Ah! Well I was very tempted. But if it means I have to do without GAIS ships covering most of the world I'll pass.

• Like 3

Yup, it looks interesting but free worldwide ship AI wins out without contest for me.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 11/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, jarmstro said:

Ah! Well I was very tempted. But if it means I have to do without GAIS ships covering most of the world I'll pass.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:59 PM, regis9 said:

Yup, it looks interesting but free worldwide ship AI wins out without contest for me.  

Could you not just use Addons Linker to enable this mod for the area it covers and GAIS for all other areas? (Assuming you wanted this in the first place of course).

In my case, I have Addons Linker presets for each continent as well as presets for smaller areas, such as each part of the UK, or combinations thereof, depending on where I might be flying. If I were using this mod (as well as GAIS), I'd have it active for the UK and create presets for those European mainland countries bordering the North Sea.

Edited by 109Sqn
missed a word out!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yes that’s true, that could be a solution.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU