Sign in to follow this  
Bina

New Maps for LNM (update #4)

Сould you add vfr maps of Russia - "fly_MVL.zmp"  from SAS.Planet ?
Thanks/

Spoiler

[PARAMS]
pnum=999
GUID={9a723df4-d219-4a4b-aa41-350809e30f88}
ParentSubMenu_ru=Лётные карты
ParentSubMenu_uk=Льотні карти
ParentSubMenu=Fly maps
name_ru=Лётные карты МВЛ
name=Fly Maps MVL
NameInCache=fly_MVL
DefURLBase=http://91.237.82.95:8088/pub/other/mvl/
Ext=.png
projection=1
sradiusa=6378137
sradiusb=6378137
ContentType="image/png"
MaxConnectToServerCount=1

On 1/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Bina said:

Maps included:

• Google Maps (Default)
  • Google Maps (Satellite)
  • Google Maps (Terrain)
  • U.S. VFR Sectionals
  • U.S. IFR Enroute Low
  • U.S. IFR Enroute High
  • U.S. IFR Area Charts
  • U.S. Terminal Area Charts (TAC)
  • U.S. Helicopter Route Charts

Is this link still current, or is there a newer version?  I downloaded it and installed as instructed (I think), and my initial reaction is "HOLY word not allowedE!!!  This is great!"...

But I just installed LNM itself a few days ago and have only scratched the surface so I don't have the first foggiest clue what I'm doing lol...

KKT

I downloaded and installed the maps in my LittleNavMap folder but after updating from 2.4.4 the custom map themes do not show up in the menus in Little Nav Map.  I now have version 2.6.6 and the custom map themes in this topic still do not work.  Any help would be appreciated.

In the LNM Tools menu you can click on Run Webserver which activates an internal LNM web server.You can then display any of the LNM maps and your flight on a tablet computer using the tablet's web browser -- works great.

Under the Tools menu you can also click on Open Webserver Page in Browser which displays the LNM map on your default web browser. What I don't understand is the use for this. Why would you want to open the LNM map on your default web browser since, I assume, that default web browser is on the same machine as LNM itself. Why open a second map display on the same computer? 

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

17 minutes ago, ark said:

Why open a second map display on the same computer?

For testing purposes? To try it out? Copying the url? Or have a second map display on the same computer?😉

Alex

26 minutes ago, albar965 said:

For testing purposes? To try it out? Copying the url? Or have a second map display on the same computer?😉

Alex

Got it -thanks!! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  🙂

Al

Hi @albar965

I wish you a happy and foremost healthy New Year!

Two questions ...

1. As I'm a bit picky about design I was looking for an option to remove the black contour coming with the map track of the flight plan. I've digged into the ini files but couldn't find anything related. IMHO getting rid of these contours should give the tracks a more cleaner look, a bit like Navigraph is visualizing the track.
  2. Are you sure that using the NOAA Globe data with the MSFS raw mesh data is the first choice? These files are ages old and I've already changed the minimum altitude buffer from 1500 to 2000 ft to avoid flying into mountains.

Have a nice weekend!

Stefan

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

5 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

As I'm a bit picky about design I was looking for an option to remove the black contour coming with the map track of the flight plan. I've digged into the ini files but couldn't find anything related. IMHO getting rid of these contours should give the tracks a more cleaner look, a bit like Navigraph is visualizing the track.

I can add an option to have the plan line semi-transparent without contour. This is doable. But don't ask when.

5 hours ago, EDDB2020 said:

Are you sure that using the NOAA Globe data with the MSFS raw mesh data is the first choice? These files are ages old and I've already changed the minimum altitude buffer from 1500 to 2000 ft to avoid flying into mountains.

Mountains don't change that often.😉 But there are better choices I know. Resolution could be higher. But I had no time yet to change this. Too much to do.
Do you have freely available source for elevation data which is easy to use? Some are listed here: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/282

Alex

17 hours ago, albar965 said:

I can add an option to have the plan line semi-transparent without contour. This is doable. But don't ask when.

Mountains don't change that often.😉 But there are better choices I know. Resolution could be higher. But I had no time yet to change this. Too much to do.
Do you have freely available source for elevation data which is easy to use? Some are listed here: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/282

Alex

I will be happy to get this option some day.

No, I don't have any new sources and I've checked the link, tbh I have no idea how to deal with these files.

Stefan

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

On 12/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, albar965 said:

Alex

Hello

I Did not succeed to see LNM in my ipad. I had open the 8965 port in my routeur in UDP en TCP but is still don't work . Any idea ?

I found the solution: I did not have opened my firewall ! it works now

Edited by guit32

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

47 minutes ago, guit32 said:

I Did not succeed to see LNM in my ipad. I had open the 8965 port in my routeur in UDP en TCP but is still don't work . Any idea ?

Its port 51968 per default and it's not UDP it is TCP.
And for access in your internal network is no need to open a port in the router.

Edited by albar965

Hi, I recelty flew over China and used LNM for map display. I prefer the OSM or OTM maps most.

However every (city) name in China was unreadable for me since they appeared only in Chinese.

I got in contact with Alex (the programmer of LNM)  and he told me, that he has no influnce since it's based on the tiles but next by

he forward me to this toipic in the forum.

Great, I installed the additional map pack from Bina and now I have it with Google maps readable in latin letters.

Never the less, I were looking a little bit deeper in the map files which are existing in the LNM earth folder,

especially the OSM folder and the *.dgml setup file.

There I found already some links to a german tile server (but commentet out and therefore not accessable).

I did a reactivation and some name changes and finally, I have now a

wordwide openstreemap naming (additionally) in German or at least in Latin.

You can change the existing data as well by yourself or you decide for the convenient way and download, extract and place the folder

I attach here.

If you do so, unpack the file and place the complete folder in you LNM folder which should be similar like:

.....Little Navmap\data\maps\earth

When you restart LNM you will have another map in, which is named now "osm-de" all other existing maps remained unchanged.

Have fun.

File link: osm-de

• Upvote 1