jcomm

PMDG DC-6 update - 2.0.42

Just now.

Last update took place in June 2022 - 2.0.41

Looking for the change list...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Looking for the change list...

This is the first of two (possibly three) updates for DC-6 in rapid succession. This update addresses the following items:

PMDG DC-6: BUILD 2.00.0042
======================
- Built with latest SU11 SDK
- Autopilot tuned to eliminate wing rocking reported by some customers when using VOR radial tracking
- Regular pause as well as 'active pause' are now supported
- Integrated SDK changes to nose wheel steering in flight model.cfg
- Integrated SDK changes to tire definitions in flight model.cfg

We have another build of the DC-6 that is about to go into testing that will expand the number of GPS units available in the center eyebrow slot. Once we have that confidently tested we will move that update to you as well.

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

While they do not oiffer their own DC-3, this DC-6 is my favourite Classic Prop 🙂

It's been months since I last loaded it, and I don't recall how to operate those 4 powerful radials ...

• Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

No difference after updating the dc6, it's wobbling again following a VOR.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

New WT GNS530 breaks it.

They're working on a compatibility update, if I correctly uinderstood...

Meanwhile I'd rather fly it "old-style"... when a sextant was the closest you could have to a GPS 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

still no update for engines start up and no engines smoke...

Thats PMDG, a lot words to read, would be a better way less to read and release more useful updates..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Thanks for the heads up on the update.

17 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Thats PMDG, a lot words to read, would be a better way less to read and release more useful updates..

cheers 😉

i have the same feeling lately PMDG seems to be more dedicated to narrative and verbiage, with endless writings that contribute absolutely nothing only to justify delays and problems.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm looking into purchasing this. Just three questions:

1. Has the new-ish in-sim nano-vg setting fixed any potential frame rate issues without needing to use developer mode?

2. When this was first reviewed by Into The Blue Simulations on YouTube, he noted that the aft cargo window of the 6A was 2d, no frame visible. Has this been fixed?

3. Are the exterior model's trim tabs functional? I have yet to see a photo or video with any trim settings visible.

Thanks!

The DC-6 has a bugged autopilot, we old DC-6 users are waiting for months to see the problem solved. The last patch didn't solve anything. Someone in the official forum says that just few of us have the oscillating wing problem, so I ask here if other guys have the same problem: GPS or VORtoVOR navigation and following an ILS glideslope.

• Like 3

I feel for you DC-6 guys but we all know where PMDG's main focus is to get those new products out to the market first and then maybe do some cleanup work afterword.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I tested an ai.cfg mod realized by Scribblesmccheese at PMDG forum, it works! no more weaving wings following a VOR and correct ILS landings, after months the DC-6 is back and flies decently.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/231323-altitude-hold-bug-gps-track-hunting-issue

Edited by Claudius_
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

I tested an ai.cfg mod realized by Scribblesmccheese at PMDG forum, it works! no more weaving wings following a VOR and correct ILS landings, after months the DC-6 is back and flies decently.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/231323-altitude-hold-bug-gps-track-hunting-issue

So, a new member with less than 8 posts was able to fix one of the blocking DC6 issue while PMDG could not...

Remembers me of the time RSR said in the 737 manual that the HUD flight path symbol would be fixed shortly, nothing for months and some guy on flightsim.to fixed it in a couple of days.

Will they ever be able to finish the 737EFB for 2023? Now I have serious doubt.

• Like 1