Sign in to follow this  
Mace

FSX Aircraft

I wonder when some of our talented developers are going to start making some aircraft for FSX....?? We continue to get more and more and more paint jobs for existing aircraft, but very few new aircraft.I sure would like to see a nice Stearman, a Beech D18, a 185 on floats, and maybe......well, you get the idea. Just changing paint jobs is not nearly as much fun as changing planes!Cheers,dewey

I'm confused. Milton Shupe's Beech D18 (and the rest of his planes) works great in FSX. I've been using Robert Sanderson's awesome Stearman, and I know somebody has taken over development of this and is creating a new Stearman for FSX. I can't help you with the 185, but I understand Carenado's C206 works very well in FSX (I use their Cherokee 180F a lot).If you check out my site (see link below) and go to the "Using FSX" section, I've got a listing of a whole bunch of aircraft downloads I've tested and use in FSX.And there's new releases all the time; recently from the likes of EaglesoftDG, LevelD, FlightOne ATR, CLS, and many more.It typically takes a year or more to build an aircraft from scratch, so you can probably start expecting FSX specific aircraft around Christmas time.What exactly are you looking for?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Hi, Thomas. Maybe it's me that's confused! I wasn't aware that previous version aircraft would work in FSX. That's good news. I'll just go check that out! And I'll check out your site as well.Thanks for the response.Dewey

Well, I tried the D18 in FSX and sure enough, it worked, just as you said. Strangest thing, though. After a couple of minutes the engines go to idle without moving the throttle. I can cycle the throttle and they will go back to where I had them set. But then after another minute or so they will return to idle. Never saw that happen before. Have you heard of that?Dewey

>I wonder when some of our talented developers are going to>start making some aircraft for FSX....?? We continue to get>more and more and more paint jobs for existing aircraft, but>very few new aircraft.>>I sure would like to see a nice Stearman, a Beech D18, a 185>on floats, and maybe......well, you get the idea. Just>changing paint jobs is not nearly as much fun as changing>planes!>>Cheers,>>deweyWhat kinda irks me is when I install for instance the B797 i found on here and the panel is a Bombardier panel. Kinda crazy or lazy. At least use a matching panel to the aircraft. Im wondering if the A360 bird is gonna have a cessna cockpit in it.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

"the B797 i found on here and the panel is a Bombardier panel. Kinda crazy or lazy. At least use a matching panel to the aircraft"Those who upload to the library are enthusiasts who create their uploads for their own pleasure. Some prefer modelling aircraft, others prefer modelling panels. It's their choice and there would be far fewer uploads if everything had to meet your standards and be modelled accurately and completely.Your comment "kinda lazy or crazy" is offensive to those who provide uploads free of charge to us.

>"the B797 i found on here and the panel is a Bombardier>panel. Kinda crazy or lazy. At least use a matching panel to>the aircraft">>Those who upload to the library are enthusiasts who create>their uploads for their own pleasure. Some prefer modelling>aircraft, others prefer modelling panels. It's their choice>>Your comment "kinda lazy or crazy" is offensive to>those who provide uploads free of charge to us.Wasn't meant to be "offensive" as you put it. With all the work and effort people put into the uploads it doesnt make sense to not use the correct alias line in the panel.cfg.I guess its a good thing I don't approve/disapprove file uploads.>and there would be far fewer uploads if everything had to meet>your standards and be modelled accurately and completely.I don't really think they are "My" standards , maybe other peoples basic standards in general.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Learn to model, and through your actions of uploading only a/c that meet your criteria you will lift the standards of those around you.I would suggest you must learn to walk in the other persons shoes prior to negative public comment.When you talk "kinda crazy or lazy"...I'd say look in the mirror. Nothing could be more lazy than you only downloading, but never uploading, and then becoming critical.Bob Bernstein

it doesnt make sense to not use the correct alias line in the panel.cfg.Actually it may be that person LIKES the Bombardier panel.FS is totally about customization - and a HUGE majority want aircraft easy to fly - not caring about type specific panels and details.There are aircraft with higher levels of detail around - you are free to purchase them.Since a Boeing 797 would be a fantasy aircraft - why would a Bombardier panel not be a possible option. One might buy the other.

I agree with Bob that we should consider the many challenges of producing add-ons, and that we owe a debt of gratitude and respect to those that contribute to the FS community.It is an admirable quality of the FS websites that they try to be alert to reports of misappropriated or pirated components in and for problems with severely malfunctioning add-ons in general.And it is admirable that those same FS websites are also open to giving the many dedicated individuals who produce and upload freeware add-ons at their various levels of evolving skill their "15 minutes of fame" in the international limelight as they share with the rest of the FS community.I'd be disappointed if, for example, AVSIM decreased the amount of downloadable resources it makes available based on increasingly stringent criteria for add-on submissions.Perhaps they could add a "User Reviews" link on the down load info pages for add-ons like many websites are now doing for commercial products and some shareware, and that would help folks get some idea of whether they might wish to try out a particular prospective add-on? Might be an idea to help developers, end users and library administrators get feedback on what is being made available.And to impart just a brief moment of levity, may I offer this fictional tongue-in-cheek reinterpretation of an old expression purely for fun?I once met a guy who said:"Before criticizing someone, it is best to walk a mile in their shoes""That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away... and you have their shoes!" :-halo GaryGB

>Well, I tried the D18 in FSX and sure enough, it worked, just>as you said. Strangest thing, though. After a couple of>minutes the engines go to idle without moving the throttle. I>can cycle the throttle and they will go back to where I had>them set. But then after another minute or so they will>return to idle. Never saw that happen before. Have you heard>of that?>>DeweyI am also using Milton Shupe's Beech D18 inside FSX with no problems.I don't know what would cause the engine problems you are seeing. Perhaps altitude or mixture settings. Perhaps autopilot. Joystick settings. I don't know, that sounds strange.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I don't really think they are "My" standards , maybe other>peoples basic standards in general.>Not most people's standards. How can you speak for everyone else's standards anyway?If I uploaded it, I would probably use the CRJ panel, too. I can't imagine what panel you would want with it, given it's a fictional aircraft.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB