Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Here's one for you environmentalists to chew on...

It's interesting to see the "little people" misled by the media and politicians and how these statistics are manipulated only in one direction.
If anybody is under the impression that the US is not struggling enough by the EPA rules, and that we shouldn't fill our tanks to make it to work, heat our houses and eat we are in deep dodo.
I wonder why we are not first addressing the issue with the well-known Worldwide offenders, countries like Russia, China, India, Brasil, Venezuela, African continent, and others. When we descend through 10,000 FT into those major cities it's like getting sucked in dense layers of smog and all the people in the airplane start coughing or have difficulty breathing. There are days while in these cities during our layovers when the concierge is actually recommending us to stay indoors due to poor air quality from the factory's emissions.
Talking about blaming other countries? Do we remember when China locked many cities and all these big polluting factories were shut down? Do we recall seeing the pictures showing those cities before and after?
And we, after the regulations we have here need to mind putting gas in our vehicles, turning down/up our house temperatures to the point of discomfort affecting our quality of life and health just to pretend that we are at fault while the offenders are fine?
Edited by LRBS
  • Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I guess I’m really out of the loop. I didn’t get the memo about Africa becoming a country 🤔

Apparently, you are all debating climate change and politics.
Perhaps the moderators are having a Sunday off.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mike A said:

I guess I’m really out of the loop. I didn’t get the memo about Africa becoming a country 🤔

Adjusted 😉

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

3 hours ago, dave2013 said:

The vilification of "carbon", CO2, methane, nitrogen(Netherlands will be shutting down 3000 farms due to excessive nitrogen emissions), cows and the meat they produce, and soon *many* other things you little people need to stop consuming, is all part of an effort to force the unwashed masses to reduce their consumption to stop you-know-what and "save the planet", but really it's about weakening and impoverishing the middle class and reducing their numbers.  All this so that the "elites", IE the wealthy class and their politician minions, can increase their wealth and power.

Because the actual scientific phenomenon of "you know what" is just way too boring.

1f1.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I remember the 'brown cloud' when I lived in Denver.  I remember spending most of a summer in Torrance on business.  I was staying at the Iron Horse in Redondo Beach. Imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning and looked out over the ocean and saw Catalina Island for the first time.  And when I drove to work I saw the San Garbriel mountains.  A Santa Ana wind or something had cleared the air.  It didn't last long.

So what did we do?  We installed catalytic converters on new cars.  We added ethanol to our gasoline.  We put shrouds on gas pump nozzles to keep fumes from our gas tanks from escaping when we filling up.  And we  had annual emission inspections of our cars and a sticker on our windshields to prove we were current.

I wouldn't say we were sitting on our butts doing nothing...we 'little people'.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

2 hours ago, Nixoq said:

Because the actual scientific phenomenon of "you know what" is just way too boring.

And there it is, again.  When someone disagrees with your beliefs, you insult them.

Snow cover records are being broken again this year.  Ice caps are increasing, sea levels are steady or increasing at most 2-3cm per decade.  Wealthy elites are still buying beachfront mansions and flying around on "climate-killing" private jets.  The average global temperature stopped increasing years ago and there are indications it is actually declining.

Believe what you wish, but when you start insulting people, you instantly lose the argument.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

45 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

And there it is, again.  When someone disagrees with your beliefs, you insult them.

I read no "insult" in the quote you cited. 

On the other hand, since this thread has moved into a discussion of a forbidden topic, it is now ended.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator