Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FlyInside Bell 206 Released

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Unless you have a separate throttle assigned as well as a collective you won't see an idle rel click.

I think.

I do have separate axis for throttle and I still get hot start every time I moved passed idle. Slow, fast - doesn't matter

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

42 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I do have separate axis for throttle and I still get hot start every time I moved passed idle. Slow, fast - doesn't matter

Like I said. Ease the throttle up until the idle release clicks. Then ease it back until it just pops back. Leave it there. Press the start button (I did try a button but my finger got twitchy and messed up the process) When the IT gets to 15% just nudge the throttle open the slightest bit. Sit back and watch it behave itself. Don't touch the throttle again until 58%

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

9 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Like I said. Ease the throttle up until the idle release clicks. Then ease it back until it just pops back. Leave it there. Press the start button (I did try a button but my finger got twitchy and messed up the process) When the IT gets to 15% just nudge the throttle open the slightest bit. Sit back and watch it behave itself. Don't touch the throttle again until 58%

Ron,

Yes I wait for 15%  then as soon as I pass idle lock I got "hot start message". If back up engine dies. I already email to developer about this problem, he is very responsive! Meanwhile I enjoying CowaSim Bell-206. It's little bit simpler but have great fps

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, conundrum said:

Unless it’s a private helipad used by just one operator, it makes perfect sense the heli would already be running at the helipad…

I have asked our son about this. He works at a hospital and has witnessed ER helicopter operations a couple of times. He said that engines are shut off most of the time because, in Nova Scotia, the ER team has to stay with a patient for a while and accompany them into the hospital (the pilot remains with the helicopter). Given that almost all helipads in our province are attached to a hospital, it appears to be common that you depart from a helipad from cold and dark.

Peter 

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Ron,

Yes I wait for 15%  then as soon as I pass idle lock I got "hot start message". If back up engine dies. I already email to developer about this problem, he is very responsive! Meanwhile I enjoying CowaSim Bell-206. It's little bit simpler but have great fps

It IS a pig. But the idle rel is on a hair trigger. All that is required is the release of idle, no more than that. Once it has clicked DON'T TOUCH IT! Wait for it to reach 58% then add more throttle.

What I was hung up on was the 'Set throttle to zero' In my book that was rolling it back as far as it would go. Of course, by the time 15% comes round adding throttle slowly becomes a no-no. You too late!

There will be a 'Ping!' moment, trust me.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

I have asked our son about this. He works at a hospital and has witnessed ER helicopter operations a couple of times. He said that engines are shut off most of the time because, in Nova Scotia, the ER team has to stay with a patient for a while and accompany them into the hospital (the pilot remains with the helicopter). Given that almost all helipads in our province are attached to a hospital, it appears to be common that you depart from a helipad from cold and dark.

Peter 

I work for a medevac company, and while we currently only operate FW biz jets and a couple of baby king air’s we did fool around with a couple of bell 407’s doing emergent stuff here in the U.S. SOP was for the whirlybird to shutdown as the nurse and paramedic handled care of the patient until care was handed over officially. Not to mention transferring all the pumps, vent etc to the receiving facility’s machines. Very, very few times would they hot drop the patient and crew and it was because the pilot needed to go get fuel (knowing it would be an extended on scene time due to patient condition) or they had another bird coming in that needed the sole helipad.

• Like 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

He said that engines are shut off most of the time because, in Nova Scotia, the ER team has to stay with a patient for a while and accompany them into the hospital (the pilot remains with the helicopter).

I'm going to say that's a bigger issue with out healthcare system in NS than regular helicopter ops but that's a whole different conversation 😉

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

A hospital helipad is essentially a single operator. 

edit: don’t get me wrong. Cold vs dark should be an option for helipads. But you’ll have to get Asobo’s attention on the official forums. And considering starting a flight on the ground from anywhere is still not possible, don’t hold your breath for this.

Edited by conundrum

11 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Care to share a link about basic helicopter operations?

Maybe this can help?
It has also episodes on hovering, cruising and landing.

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How is the performance of the FlyInside Bell 406 for everyone? I can only fly helicopters using VR, and the 406 is a resource hog on my system. Under identical conditions, I only get 14 fps during start and landing (just when it matters) in the FlyInside model, but 36 fps with the default Bell 407. 

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

How is the performance of the FlyInside Bell 406 for everyone? 

Then you should move to the Cowan 206B3, see a user report here:

I've purchased the Cowan, fly exclusively VR and performances are very good.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

Then you should move to the Cowan 206B3, see a user report here:

Thanks, the Cowan seems indeed to be better for VR. I got the FlyInside because it appears to have a more realistic flight model. Of course, at 14 fps, that doesn't matter very much anymore. I am not very particular about which helicopter I use. I might just wait for another helicopter to be released and fly the default 407 rather than getting a second 406.

Peter

13 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I might just wait for another helicopter to be released and fly the default 407 rather than getting a second 406

At first I thought you made a typo, but then I see you consequently typing "406". It is a Bell 206. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

At first I thought you made a typo, but then I see you consequently typing "406". It is a Bell 206. 🙂

Right you are. I guess that that's an indicator that I am not particularly attached to a specific helicopter 😄

On 12/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, qqwertzde said:

How is the performance of the FlyInside Bell 406 for everyone? I can only fly helicopters using VR, and the 406 is a resource hog on my system. Under identical conditions, I only get 14 fps during start and landing (just when it matters) in the FlyInside model, but 36 fps with the default Bell 407. 

I haven't fully analyzed this yet, but with the latest update I got 35 fps in VR with the FI Bell 206. It was at night and in a rural area, but still I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe they are optimizing the bird 🙂