Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Flightsim Labs Concorde preview 23/12/22

The London - Bahrain - Singapore flights were overnight, leaving LHR around 5pm with a fuel stop in Bahrain, departing out of there around midnight local time. They could only operate out of Bahrain at night / early morning to be under their performance limiting takeoff weight. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My rather old 1080Ti is not very good at nighttime and Concorde with all its gauges and lighting is an unknown factor. In any case there's no way in real-world ops passengers would be flying at night-time. Not with the money they paid.

All departures on the 1999 World Tour were in daytime except for one leg out of Guam and an early morning departure from India because the temps later that morning would be too high for a full load departure.

But what would be the problem flying with real weather "night weather" and day time switch manually?

Also there is no performance drop from flying in night condition on MSFS 

• Like 1

@MachTwo, that service ran from Jan 1976 until November 1980 which you will know of course. Given the leg down to the Adriatic had to be flown subsonic it’s not one I’m likely to fly.

And some departures had to be at night for the reason you give.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, bendead said:

One of the very big surprises after switching sim. I was always limited to daytime flying in P3D. 🤣

• Like 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

4 minutes ago, bendead said:

But what would be the problem flying with real weather "night weather" and day time switch manually?

If it doesn’t bother you it’s fine. Temps will be lower for departures. I always prefer to have the actual weather.

Can’t answer your second point as I don’t own MSFS.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@MachTwo What do you expect on the release of the MSFS version, is it possible to get a release next or near the P3D ones, or will it take longer, like 6 months or more? 

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If it doesn’t bother you it’s fine. Temps will be lower for departures. I always prefer to have the actual weather.

I really don't mind, if I really want to be realistic, I could always find a 3 hours time frame in the week-end and do the rest of the flights with night weather.

3 minutes ago, bendead said:

I really don't mind, if I really want to be realistic, I could always find a 3 hours time frame in the week-end and do the rest of the flights with night weather.

To be honest the weather and temps are not an issue if you’re a first time Concorde pilot. There’s a steep learning to master before getting into those.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

To be honest the weather and temps are not an issue if you’re a first time Concorde pilot. There’s a steep learning to master before getting into those.

I used to fly it under FSX, it required a lot of FCOM and manual reading as well as practice but it was really rewarding, the only thing I couldn't do is to switch off AFE and manually manage the fuel, just too much for a single pilot.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My rather old 1080Ti is not very good at nighttime and Concorde with all its gauges and lighting is an unknown factor. In any case there's no way in real-world ops passengers would be flying at night-time. Not with the money they paid.

All departures on the 1999 World Tour were in daytime except for one leg out of Guam and an early morning departure from India because the temps later that morning would be too high for a full load departure.

Good to know. In any case, the fact that FSLabs showcased at least two night photos in their little preview should mean that this Concorde won’t have issues flying at night. I always enjoy flying these classic birds in complete darkness. Can’t think of a better use for my OLED screen. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

6 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Lets be serious folks this plane is not coming to MSFS until 2024/25 and will be released in mid 2023 for P3D. Lets we get a A320 Neo or a A330 before then. This sim is still not ready for a sophisticated Concorde by FSL until some improvements on the Asobo/MS (weather/atmosphere) side.

I don't have access to FSL's internal/private forums so have you seen/heard anything from them about how MSFS is "not ready" for their Concorde yet? Any specifics about particular issues or limitations on the weather/atmosphere side? From all what they've said on their public forums work is progressing on their MSFS version, and in this latest update they said the same pretty much without any mention of blockers. Or are you speculating here, and what particular improvements do you think are needed on the weather/atmosphere side for FSL's Concorde?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, bendead said:

I used to fly it under FSX, it required a lot of FCOM and manual reading as well as practice but it was really rewarding, the only thing I couldn't do is to switch off AFE and manually manage the fuel, just too much for a single pilot.

The management of fuel isn't too bad. Setup for take-off and then leave it alone until Mach 0.7 when it needs pumping to tank 11. Just a couple of switches to set.

At the accel point resume rear pumping. Once tanks 9 and 10 are empty turn on the two wing tip tanks - 5a and 7a.

CoG should now be at 59%. You can always watch how the VFE handles fuel and even try it yourself and then turn him back on if things don't work out. Eventually it will stick and you'll enjoy the extra workload.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Or are you speculating here,

He is - as always 😉

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

19 hours ago, B777ER said:

Not my cup of tea so this will be a hard pass. Hopefully others enjoy it, I imagine FSL income is probably nowhere near what they need it to be after missing the boat on MSFS and playing catch up.

Lefteris is a Software Engineer. He probably makes upwards of $250,000 USD, so FSL is a side hustle for him.

Peter Osborn