Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Getting MSFS to re-recognise TrackIR

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Mouse emulation works.  I ended up creating a shortcut to the mouse emulation on my desktop.

Surely mouse emulation is a diferent mode of TrackIR and this isn't what it's meant for?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

16 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Surely mouse emulation is a diferent mode of TrackIR and this isn't what it's meant for?

No it is not. It uses the "mouse look" function in game to look around. Which of course is what all the TrackIR alternatives pretty much do anyway. 

However despite not being optimal, mouse emulation is a recommended workaround for games with mouse look that are not directly supported by TrackIR, and in the early days of MSFS2020 it was the only way to get it working it all.

Even though MSFS is now supported by trackIR directly, mouse look still works as a stop gap if MSFS and trackIR have issues.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Well this is interesting. I had not heard of this technique to restart TrackIR, so just as a little experiment I searched for mouse emulation as described above and this is what popped up:

spacer.png

Now neither the sim or TrackIR was running during this experiment, so of course TrackIR could not be initialized. But this does confirm for me the link between mouse emulation and TrackIR.  Certainly worth a try the next time I need to restart TrackIR during a sim session.

Thanks for the tip.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Well, I'm certainly going to to save this thread and give this a go when it does it again. I would be interested to see if it behaves any differently at all in this function but if it can save a flight every now and then it may be just the tip I was looking for.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Someone should write this up in the Tips and Tricks forum.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Wow this is certainly a great tip. I always thought it was a restart needed. Thank you so much

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

2 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

Wow this is certainly a great tip. I always thought it was a restart needed. Thank you so much

Yes, it was. It has saved 2 flights for me since I made this thread. I'm grateful to whoever it was that suggested it.

One must select the correct profile again when one needs to use this method. I find that when I use it it changes my profile to a default one but once you select the profile you want it really works as before.

• Like 1

Great tip.   I alternate 50/50 between simming with MSFS and Train Simulator Classic.  When one of those has been running with TIR, a restart of TIR is required before launching the other sim.   But I often forget, launch MSFS, plan a flight, hit Fly Now and then realize I didn't restart TIR! 😄

So this Mouse Emulation trick should help for those (pretty common) occurances!

At first I thought the suggester meant "just launch emulation and use that instead of full TIR 6DOF mode.... but I think I'm hearing that after launching mouse emulation, full TIR 6DOF will be restored?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 minute ago, JYW said:

Great tip.   I alternate 50/50 between simming with MSFS and Train Simulator Classic.  When one of those has been running with TIR, a restart of TIR is required before launching the other sim.   But I often forget, launch MSFS, plan a flight, hit Fly Now and then realize I didn't restart TIR! 😄

So this Mouse Emulation trick should help for those (pretty common) occurances!

At first I thought the suggester meant "just launch emulation and use that instead of full TIR 6DOF mode.... but I think I'm hearing that after launching mouse emulation, full TIR 6DOF will be restored?

I never turn Track IR off, it runs 24/7, been doing that for years. Just have to restart it if I restart my PC which I don't do very often. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I never turn Track IR off, it runs 24/7, been doing that for years. Just have to restart it if I restart my PC which I don't do very often. 

My issue is specific to Train Simulator Classic.  It's built around a 14 year old API and it "grabs" the Naturalpoint driver exclusively, and once closed, doesn't "release" it.  😄   (This was explained to me by Naturalpoint in their forums).

You're right that between other sims, eg. MSFS and XP11, TrackIR will work just fine running constantly, between sim sessions.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

This is a great tip. Thnx.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

On 12/26/2022 at 1:11 AM, FlightSimToday said:

OK guys if it crashes restart trackir and then search for mouse emulation.

Then it will work.

Amazing.. I've been using Track-IR for so long and never knew about this trick.. Thank you FlightSimToday

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by toby23
double post

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

super tip !!! finally no rebooting anymore. 

Thank you so much!

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium