Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Milviz stopped selling P3D products?

The problem is the sales volumes they could do. They are afraid they wouldn't sell enough in MSFS. Chances are it would be even worse in P3D, don't you think ?

• Like 1

RIP...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

I wonder why they stopped selling too. It makes no sense to me, can only imagine the cost were higher than what they earned. So they prefer just a 0 instead of a negative value. But what is with existing customers. Will I still be able to reinstall a product or what if I loose my download? It's not very kind of them to leave us without any notice. So they don't need to return one day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I was just in their support forum. In my opinion, the latest versions (updates) are still available for download.

I´m sure there could be somebody to buy the rights and continue selling, like in the Sibwings case.

I think some of these flightsim developer outfits aren't exactly geniuses when it comes to operating a successful business.

Another example is Carenado.  We've all been told that P3D sales have fallen off a cliff, yet Carenado maintains relatively high prices for many P3D aircraft and even refuses to have a Christmas sale while those P3D planes are just sitting on their file servers making little revenue.

It's like owning a hotel, having many unbooked rooms, yet refusing to lower the price to at least make something on those empty rooms.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I'm  thinking that Milviz just doesn't want to maintain, update P3D planes anymore, they made their money, they don't want the bother. Am I surprised? No. I don't think Milviz is a very customer  friendly company, their attitude has shown this through the years, this is the reason I am very reluctant to buy anything from them in MSFS, and, I don't think they care if I do buy anything from them....

Too bad, I really loved their KA350.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

If I one day switch to MSFS I will keep my "ban list" for sure.

• Like 3

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

12 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

I'm  thinking that Milviz just doesn't want to maintain, update P3D planes anymore, they made their money, they don't want the bother. Am I surprised? No. I don't think Milviz is a very customer  friendly company, their attitude has shown this through the years, this is the reason I am very reluctant to buy anything from them in MSFS, and, I don't think they care if I do buy anything from them....

Too bad, I really loved their KA350.

Nothing to maintain, keep it up on their store or leave on simMarket, etc... They don't give support anyways.

Unless somehow the fixed costs of having P3D products sold is sooo great it's not worth it but maybe someone else with more add-on experience can comment.

• Like 1

I think it might be a case that they could keep selling their stuff (or give it away) but they want to draw a line under P3D altogether and remove any doubt about their future plans. Message received, right?

• Like 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Well... If I was a company with a reasonably large back catalogue where the company was wanting to divest itself of said back catalogue, I'd look at offering to sell off (source, models, code, docs etc.).

LM springs to mind where such a back catalogue would be an opportunity, but really who knows, Milviz are not talking and nether are LM.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

4 hours ago, Rogen said:

Well... If I was a company with a reasonably large back catalogue where the company was wanting to divest itself of said back catalogue, I'd look at offering to sell off (source, models, code, docs etc.).

LM springs to mind where such a back catalogue would be an opportunity, but really who knows, Milviz are not talking and nether are LM.

Cheers

Actually, they have been talking.....somewhere around 25.30 they start talking about the back catalogue.

Edited by DD_Arthur

i had to make an account to voice my disappointment. finally had some splurge cash so i was like oh boy time to get the f-86, f-100 and skyraider - but all gone! i contacted them but they politely said impossible to get now. i guess purchases didn't justify the download bandwidth? let's hope they license out or even better release as free as other good developers have.

• Upvote 1