Sign in to follow this  
wlix261

MSFS Youtuber Gone Hacked

Buried very deep within YouTube's terms of service is the prohibition against steering YouTube visitors offsite. In other words, you can't use your YouTube video page to promote material located outside of YouTube. In reality, however, practically all YouTubers do just that -- whether it's steering visitors to Patreon or to their own websites or to wherever. Perhaps that obscure YouTube rule was used as a pretext to remove Overkill's content. Personally I always appreciated external links to relevant material.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

11 hours ago, JDWalley said:

I seem to recall a lot of mockery directed toward him on Reddit from people who claimed he was hyping his own Patreon and guides.  Not saying it was justified...but I'm wondering if that made him a target for some types.

Hope he gets things sorted out soon.

It's hard out here for dedicated flight sim content creators. Flight simmers are one of the most bipolar, toxic and non supportive audiences overall on Twitch and Youtube.

Overkill Simulations was underrated in comparison to "meme era" content creators like Swiss001 and AirForceProud95 and a few others that folks seem to gawk over with mediocre clickbait content.

Most of these channels have terrible low quality visuals and spend 2 hours babbling on about god knows what while staring at the same piece of cockpit panel the entire duration of a flight.

Overkill's videos had high visual quality and he was very modest of just being a human learning as you go while keeping the recorded mistakes in the videos, while being very well spoken.

Another issue is alot of these payware developers will hand out free copies of addons to any Youtuber and Twitcher with a huge following and reach no matter the content quality.

It's no longer about who will give the most knowledgeable showcase of your payware to put it in the best light as possible, it's about whoever has the biggest reach in popularity.

The whole beta tester vetting process goes out of the window when it comes to certain popular twitchers and youtubers who fly planes like imbeciles and babble like 12 year olds.

We saw this with Leonardo's MD82 beta showcase, pretty much given to anyone with content popularity and meanwhile the plane released with a ton of obvious issues that should have been solved before release.🤢

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder633 said:

ITB?

An awesome content creator who deserves exposure.

Into the Blue Simulations

https://www.youtube.com/@IntotheBlueSimulations/videos

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Yeah, the online community can be pretty harsh. Although I stopped watching him a long time ago it's annoying how some people in the community are petty (especially with mocking him on reddit) and can act so childish. I stopped watching his videos (like most youtube creators) because they seem all over the place, are never organized and end up talking too much. Into The Blue is good because he gets straight to the point mostly.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 3

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Sorry to read about this - Overkill was one of my subscriptions. There are some very good contributors out there, notably Jonathan Beckett, Into The Blue, Dreamsofwings and SimHanger amongst others. SimHanger has been particularly helpful recently with peripherals like Loupedeck and Tobii.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

22 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Yeah, the online community can be pretty harsh. Although I stopped watching him a long time ago it's annoying how some people in the community are petty (especially with mocking him on reddit) and can act so childish. I stopped watching his videos (like most youtube creators) because they seem all over the place, are never organized and end up talking too much. Into The Blue is good because he gets straight to the point mostly.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Reddit as the source of Overkill's targeted hacking, I mean we are talking about Reddit here.

A cesspool of mental instability and youthful misdirected anger, where a user will follow you just to spam downvote everything you post for eternity.

Just because you hurt their feelings in a disagreement.🤪 

Stalking within Reddit is one thing, but now giving those psychopathic denizens the whereabouts of your content platforms like Patreon and Youtube that provides income?💀

Here's Johnny Blank Template - Imgflip

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

hope he gets it fixed sometime soon

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I wasn't a fan of his content because, as others have said, he seemed to lack a depth of knowledge around aviation, common avionics systems, "the numbers", etc, and I felt he was overly positive about some addons that didn't deserve the praise!  However, I would never wish this on anyone - all the hours put into many dozens of videos. So for those that did enjoy his content, I hope he can get his channel restored.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

He's back!🍻

• Like 5

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

I gotta be honest here: youtube is youtube, but when I hear a content creator say something like "this channel is a source of income for my family", and then he gets hacked by a bunch of clowns, I'm ready to warp into Game of Thrones revenge mode. 

I mean, again, the internet is more often than not a complete word not allowedshow, but what you absolutely do not do, under no circumstances, is to go after a guy who is providing for his family (he talks about his wife going back to college, etc.).

Whether you like the content or not, let the dude earn an honest buck. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1