Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

No airports on arrival

It would be nice, if OP ask questions for he's problems but not start this "prepar3d is miles ahead" just because he have an issue that maybe 0,0000001% of MSFS users having (what does that even have to do with the issue he's having?). If he even have the issue and not just finding an issue nobody solved just to drag MSFS down). It all smells fishy to me....

Another thing I noticed with this user is, he start a lot of threads, but just maybe reply a few times on the first page to get the post going, and then just vanishes into thin air. And then, a new thread pop up, still while the others he have started is still going and history repeats istelf lol. Not sure what we are dealing with here 🧐

"After a lot of great support and advice from you guys here, I'm now loving flying the Fenix A320 around Europe.

I've always been a heavies guy (PMDG 777, QW 787 etc) and I'm hoping one will be available soon.

What do people think will be the first "Heavy" for MSFS?"

So thirteen hours ago, he loved the sim, now 16 hours have gone, and the sim sucks, an the issue hes talking about he had about 1 week ago, and the sim was useless and nothing but an xbox game, go figure.................

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

0,0000001% of MSFS users having

Anyone that uses AI traffic and goes to large airports, and maybe also uses GSX, has the possibility of facing this issue. It's frustrating this major problem dismissed just because of OP's attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chapstick said:

Anyone that uses AI traffic and goes to large airports, and maybe also uses GSX, has the possibility of facing this issue. It's frustrating this major problem dismissed just because of OP's attitude. 

and others claim they run it all without this issue.... But the issue it not my issue, the OP is my issue, lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I posted my frustrations with my first few experiences of MSFS a few days ago and was jumped on by a lot of people on this forum for being naive and not giving the sim the time or effort it deserves. So, I took all your comments on board, I've spent time watching lots of videos, planning my flights and decided today to do a proper EGLL to LGAV flight in the Fenix A320 (with inibuilds EGLL, FlyTampa LGAV, GSX and FSLTL). 

A great departure from Heathrow, flight down across Europe but then I got this on arrival in Athens https://imgur.com/cp9fHM2 No airport. Exactly the same thing that happened on my arrival into Prague a week ago.

This is clearly the sim objects problem that has been discussed previously. I'm sorry, but if MSFS can not handle GSX, FSLTL (with AI at 30%) and a few add on airports then it is, without question, miles behind P3D. I'm so disappointed as the sim looks great but this is such a basic error. In P3D I could run all my addons, GSX, AIG at 100%. Is there anything I can do to sort this...I assume removing things (like GSX, AI etc) will help it...but a sim that describes itself as the 'next generation' should be better than this.

Is it possible to turn GSX off after you leave the gate from the departure airport, and keep GSX off until you arrive at the gate of your destination airport? I wonder if this helps with the maximum object issue.  Also, you should lower the amount if AI if you can - you say you have it at 30%, but for larger airports that are custom handcrafted airports, maybe you tune it down further.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 hours ago, Jazz said:

Yes, I know but I was asking you if it was your post that you linked and if it was then were you using DX12? Because the reason for the vanishing ground textures as far as I know and in my experience has nothing to do with a sim objects issue but rather more to do with one of a beta implementation of DX12.

I am simply trying to clarify and separate the issues for my own clarification.

It is not my post, but the picture in the 1st post is mine. I am not 100% sure if I was using DX12 or DX11 during that particular flight.

I had that problem for a couple of weeks, but have not seen it in a while. It happened on 3 consecutive attempted flights, all between Flightbeam KDEN and FlyTampa KLAS. If I recall correctly, I did switch DX versions for the 2nd flight, and back again after the 3rd failed flight (I landed at a missing airport all 3 times). I use GSX and AIG. I do remember that the taxi ribbon would not appear when taxiing for departure as well. In at least one of the flights, some GSX components were also missing. I believe that it was one belt loader, and the luggage on one of the cart trains that were missing. 

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Well, I'm sorry to say Jase, I'm not way off the mark. I have read countless tutorials, watched a number of videos and this issue continues to happen - an issue, that other people have also reported.

I really wish I could check my system, settings and get to the bottom of it because then I wouldn't need to post about it. I'm posting in the hope someone can help. I have become very frustrated with MSFS; last night a three hour LHR to ATH flight ends with me landing at an airport that is quite simply, not there. 

The good news is that the problem is no longer happening on my system. I've been in in all of the betas, and I still am.

The changes that I made in my settings that I believe have been very helpful is that I greatly reduced the traffic generated by the simulator itself. See below for the numbers. I have not had any issues whatsoever with missing GSX components, sim components, or airports ever since. I only have 35 airlines installed in AIG. I run it at 75% because running at 100% makes the airports too busy for my taste. 

spacer.png

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

24 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

What is more of a shame is how the OP is behaving more like a shill with an agenda than a serious flight simmer coming to Avsim for good help and advice.

-B

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time…and as a big MSFS booster I’m sad to say the issue is very real. 😐

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, btacon said:

behaving more like a shill with an agenda than a serious flight simmer coming to Avsim for good help and advice.

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

But the issue it not my issue, the OP is my issue

There's not a lot of advice to give other than turn down/turn off a lot of AI traffic and GSX features. Hardly an ideal scenario.

Whether or not you like the delivery of the message or the messenger themself, the OP has demonstrated that he has experienced a previously identified problem.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/scenery-and-airport-not-loading-at-arrival/540758/8

and

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/arrival-airports-traffic-and-fps-have-disappeared/552363

Rather than attack the OP, commenting on or upvoting either of the two linked posts to try generate some action towards a fix would be far more useful for everybody.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

As long as I have been flightsimming, it has been possible to overwhelm the sim by adding complex addons.. this is not new.

While true in general, this particular problem was introduced with SU10. It did not exist before, because no simobject limit was enforced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jazz said:

Because the reason for the vanishing ground textures as far as I know and in my experience has nothing to do with a sim objects issue but rather more to do with one of a beta implementation of DX12.

The issue talked about is not vanishing textures (which is a DX12 issue) but vanishing objects (like AI, Terminal , ground polygons etc.). THAT is a simobjects issue.

Edit: Or rather not vanishing objects, but simply objects failing to load in. If they were vanishing they'd be there one moment and gone the next. The issue here is that they don't even load in after the object limit is reached.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The issue talked about is not vanishing textures (which is a DX12 issue) but vanishing objects (like AI, Terminal Buildings, ground polygons etc.). THAT is a simobjects issue.

Yes, I understand that now as I mentioned in a previous post. I had not seen the two combined before.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

39 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

There's not a lot of advice to give other than turn down/turn off a lot of AI traffic and GSX features. Hardly an ideal scenario.

Whether or not you like the delivery of the message or the messenger themself, the OP has demonstrated that he has experienced a previously identified problem.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/scenery-and-airport-not-loading-at-arrival/540758/8

and

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/arrival-airports-traffic-and-fps-have-disappeared/552363

Rather than attack the OP, commenting on or upvoting either of the two linked posts to try generate some action towards a fix would be far more useful for everybody.

2 hours ago, Kaboki said:

thing I noticed with this user is, he start a lot of threads, but just maybe reply a few times on the first page to get the post going, and then just vanishes into thin air. And then, a new thread pop up, still while the others he have started is still going and history repeats istelf lol. Not sure what we are dealing with here 🧐

"After a lot of great support and advice from you guys here, I'm now loving flying the Fenix A320 around Europe.

I've always been a heavies guy (PMDG 777, QW 787 etc) and I'm hoping one will be available soon.

What do people think will be the first "Heavy" for MSFS?"

So thirteen hours ago, he loved the sim, now 16 hours have gone, and the sim sucks, an the issue hes talking about he had about 1 week ago, and the sim was useless and nothing but an xbox game, go figure.................

This is why I attack this higly suspicious behaviour...... So, he loved the fenix(which he hated a week ago) and seem content with the sim,,,,,13 hours ago, then 3 more hours go by, he suddenly have an issue, which he also coincedently happen too have about one week ago. And he ends it with "prepar3d is miles ahead or something", last time he had this same issue,"this sim was nothing but an xbox game" and he said he will go back to he's real sim prepar3d or something....  And this is probably the last we heard of him for now, until he's next "this vs that or something" fishy thread comes up where he will repeat himself, vanish, and let the thread go hot. He's probably somehwere right now reading this thread and laughing about how stupid we are to fall for he's bait:D

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

@Kaboki

Time to report your finding to the mods then and have him banned for baiting.

Edited by Farlis

10 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

This is why I attack this higly suspicious behaviour...... So, he loved the fenix(which he hated a week ago) and seem content with the sim,,,,,13 hours ago, then 3 more hours go by, he suddenly have an issue, which he also coincedently happen too have about one week ago. And he ends it with "prepar3d is miles ahead or something", last time he had this same issue,"this sim was nothing but an xbox game" and he said he will go back to he's real sim prepar3d or something....  And this is probably the last we heard of him for now, until he's next "this vs that or something" fishy thread comes up where he will repeat himself, vanish, and let the thread go hot. He's probably somehwere right now reading this thread and laughing about how stupid we are to fall for he's bait:D

I apologise if you think my behaviour is suspicious. You're right that I posted about MSFS about two years ago, but I installed it for a very short amount of time as there were no study level airliners for the sim. I came back last weekend as I'd read about the Fenix A320, however I have found it to be a much steeper learning curve than I imagined (and, as you know, I've been a P3D user for years). There are clearly some sim issues (such as the SimObjects issue) that has made my reintroduction frustrating. But, there are lots of parts of the sim that look and work great. I've not managed to complete a full flight yet (and I assumed a week in I would have been able to do that). So apologies for all the posts asking for advice (as well as venting my frustrations!). I do appreciate the welath of knowledge the forums here provide.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

@Kaboki

Time to report your finding to the mods then and have him banned for baiting.

wont even bother, last time in OP's thread, I tried, the moderator was singing along with this guy, lol and got himself into mine is bigger than yours fight,,,

• Like 1