Sign in to follow this  
alanrco

Not happy about topic closure...( Corsair)

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

White victimhood? Care to elaborate on that?

Not really, but using a word that has been part of the AAVE for a century to cry "censorship" is kind of distasteful, wouldn't you say?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, edzunu said:

sensorship

Censorship is not applicable to private business.

Nobody is a victim here, there simply are no weapons in a civilian sim in which they do not apply, are not necessary, and go against the spirit of the simulator.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, edzunu said:

And the 90% default female pilots? No chance to choose without entering in config, and I don't see blondes avatars. 

Absolutely nothing I fly has a female avatar pilot. Am I not looking closely enough? Where are they all? 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Censorship is not applicable to private business.

Nobody is a victim here, there simply are no weapons in a civilian sim in which they do not apply, are not necessary, and go against the spirit of the simulator.

But why Matt? Even if there are weapons in the sim no one will die. It's just virtue signalling for a reason I can't understand. Been playing The Witcher 3 Next Gen. Those swords and crossbows are quite something!

It was a wise decision to lock the first thread on this. To open up a new one and let it run this long - not so much.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Woke, it seems, was coined to express "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination", which most would agree is a good thing.

However, it has become an insult in the way that it has been used in this topic and is well and truly into the realms of politics.

There really is no context within these forums where the term "woke" could be appropriate, in fact, it would be a good candidate for inclusion in the Word Filter.

Have a read of Wikipedia on the subject.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

But why Matt? Even if there are weapons in the sim no one will die. It's just virtue signalling for a reason I can't understand. Been playing The Witcher 3 Next Gen. Those swords and crossbows are quite something!

You're comparing this to a game with a 18+ age rating. Anyway, this thread seems to be getting out of hand now.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's just virtue signalling

There's no such thing as virtue signaling, only those offended by compassion.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

Woke, it seems, was coined to express "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination", which most would agree is a good thing.

However, it has become an insult in the way that it has been used in this topic and is well and truly into the realms of politics.

There really is no context within these forums where the term "woke" could be appropriate, in fact, it would be a good candidate for inclusion in the Word Filter.

Have a read of Wikipedia on the subject.

Exactly, I reported after having previous posts deleted and...

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

You're comparing this to a game with a 18+ age rating. Anyway, this thread seems to be getting out of hand now.

Yes. That could be it.

The absence of white blondes avatars in MSFS it is not discrimination?

2 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

There's no such thing as virtue signaling, only those offended by compassion.

But it isn't compassion. It's group think.

• Upvote 1

Everyone’s had a good say on this. Time to draw a line I think.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather