Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Kuro_B787-8 | B787-8 Dreamliner Mod (?)

Has anyone tried out this mod for the 787?  There doesn't seem to be any descriptive explanation about what it actually does and I'm not keen on an installer.  Needs to be used with the Heavy Division mod.

Edited by ErichB

Nope, and i see that first time today .

I think i would never use it because i do it since, my airplanes are all set up for the mod so i always look if there is a new mod, load it paste it where it should be and fly..

Works now for a long time like this, Asobo did no big updates on the 787-10 so Heavy Division do not need to make any updates and it works very well for me !

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I tried it some months ago, when you spawned in to the cockpit you were sitting behind the Capts seat lol. I would hope it has improved since.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just downloaded and am going to try it out today; did boot up MSFS and the model inside and out looked great (wanted a 8 series 787). Hoping that the Heavy Division mods improve functionality. 

I flew the Heavy Division version on the default 787-10 from EGLL- KJFK, and it's very good. met all constraints on the decent and Approach.

Update.i downloaded and installed this 787=8 version, so far it's looking good with the Heavy Division mod.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I think it just changes or adds some custom views? At least that's what his other mods do.

EDIT. No,no. I've no idea what it does now I've downloaded it. It seems to need the sound files fro Fsim+. Quite a big file though.

Edited by jarmstro

7 hours ago, ErichB said:

Has anyone tried out this mod for the 787?  There doesn't seem to be any descriptive explanation about what it actually does and I'm not keen on an installer.  Needs to be used with the Heavy Division mod.

It's a 787-8 based the Premium Deluxe 787-10 and Heavy Division mod for it.

Also the latest update removed the exe and now uses a bat file to move the heavy divsion files instead. The exe was giving a lot of people false positives on their anti-viruses.

• Like 1

Tried it this weekend. Model looks nice but the HD mod still leaves alot to be desired.  5/10

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

Tried it this weekend. Model looks nice but the HD mod still leaves alot to be desired.  5/10

Seems harsh? The HD mod is a free mod that hugely improves the functionality of the rubbish asobo 787, eventually they’ll also release a complete new 789 but the 78x mod is constantly being improved and worked on by keen enthusiasts and helped by numerous 787 pilots. It’s a great little project. 

Either way, unless working title get involved in the 787 as part of a future avionics update and considering quality wings have gone quiet, the heavy deviation mod is by far the best option for flying the 787 in the game. 

On 1/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, Car147 said:

I flew the Heavy Division version on the default 787-10 from EGLL- KJFK, and it's very good. met all constraints on the decent and Approach.

Update.i downloaded and installed this 787=8 version, so far it's looking good with the Heavy Division mod.

Agreed,the HD mod is great and actually makes the 787 flyable, it’s a huge improvement to this fantastic aircraft. 

1 hour ago, YouDontKnow said:

Can someone post a link of this mod?

Kuro 787 -8

And the Heavy Division upgrade for the avionics.

Heavy Division 787-8

• Like 1