Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

CJ4 after AAU

Hi, never flown the CJ4 before - but following the update. I thought I would give it a try. I have watched videos and read sections of the manual, but am unable to find where I load my simbrief ID - and then how to load a saved simbrief flightplan.

Videos and manuals suggest I select the IDX button on the FMC,  enter my simbrief ID and then go to page 2 to select my route.

I am not seeing any opportunity to add my simbrief ID - and hence no option to load the planned simbrief route.

Tried to find assistance online but to no avail - so hence this plea for further guidance.

PS - I have downloaded the new Garmin from the content manager

I have just read a post (not sure how accurate it is) that suggests Simbrief and Navigraph are not incorporated in the CJ4 (after AAU) due to licence and API restrictions - which would seem really odd, as they are readily available in other aircraft.

Anyway, still trying to determine if simbrief is available in the CJ4 (after AAU) and if so how do I get it to work?

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

57 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

I have just read a post (not sure how accurate it is) that suggests Simbrief and Navigraph are not incorporated in the CJ4 (after AAU) due to licence and API restrictions - which would seem really odd, as they are readily available in other aircraft.

Anyway, still trying to determine if simbrief is available in the CJ4 (after AAU) and if so how do I get it to work?

You have your answer already - it's not available.

4 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

which would seem really odd, as they are readily available in other aircraft.

But not first party aircraft. Which is the decisive difference.

Simbrief integration was available when it was a separate WTT mod.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

In my opinion, WT has done a beautiful job in further developing the garmin G3000 and for me it's working nicely on my two flights I've done so far with the TBM.

But what it's a bit upsetting to me is that the CJ4 and Longitude default models are not incorporating the 3D door animations, something that I expected would be included as part or a more advanced version of these two aircraft in the AAU1.

Posted already at the MSFS Official Forums.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Is there any way to add a Simbrief flightplane to the "new" WTCJ4?

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

14 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Is there any way to add a Simbrief flightplane to the "new" WTCJ4?

You can import the PLN file on the world map and then the plane will load that flight plan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ConSimmer said:

You can import the PLN file on the world map and then the plane will load that flight plan.

Problem solved…sort of.

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

In my opinion, WT has done a beautiful job in further developing the garmin G3000 and for me it's working nicely on my two flights I've done so far with the TBM.

But what it's a bit upsetting to me is that the CJ4 and Longitude default models are not incorporating the 3D door animations, something that I expected would be included as part or a more advanced version of these two aircraft in the AAU1.

Posted already at the MSFS Official Forums.

Hopefully if enough people ask it's something MS/Asobo will do, they did do some small model changes for the Longitude (don't think they did any for the CJ4).

As much as it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of either aircraft by not having doors, it would be good to have, along with a cabin in the Longitude.

For those not aware, WT themselves do not have modelers on their team so have to rely on MS/Asobo for that aspect.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Pure speculation, but here's what I think may be behind this.

As I understand, the original model for the TBM already included the doors as separately modeled parts, including those areas that are only visible when the door is ooen. The only thing that needed to be done was to make them animatable.

I suspect that this wasn't the case for the CJ4 and Longitude and that the doors were simply modeled as part of the fuselage - meaning that the parts of the door that are only visible when it is open was not modeled at all. Enabling the doors to open would therefore require more work - some 3D modeling, maybe also requiring someone to get access to the airframes from which the original models were scanned.

Not saying it wouldn't be great to have opening doors - but this could be the reason it didn't happen in AAU1. 

Edited by martinboehme

13 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Enabling the doors to open would therefore require more work - some 3D modeling, maybe also requiring someone to get access to the airframes from which the original models were scanned.

Of course, 3D modelling is required.

It shouldn't be so complicated in my opinion, given that just right from the beginning, in FSX and P3D all default or stock models had 3D animations.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

It shouldn't be so complicated in my opinion, given that just right from the beginning, in FSX and P3D all default or stock models had 3D animations.

Agree - I don't think the animation itself is the hard part. I think the bit that takes the most effort may be regaining access to the airframes from which they built the original models. And they may have decided it's not worth the effort to them.

Again, not saying I wouldn't welcome opening doors - just speculating as to why they didn't do it.

4 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

There are some limitations with the new version because of licensing agreements with Microsoft and other companies.  

The new AAU1 avionics do not YET support SimBrief or Navigraph charts.  Navigraph is apparently working on charts integration.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Are there any good tutorials for the new CJ4 ?

And where do I find the manual for the CJ4 ?