Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Zip up the file and put it Dropbox. Then you can post the link.

Ok, thanks.  I'll try as it's been a while since I used Dropbox.  I'll let you know if I'm successful in a PM.

Jack Sawyer

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can set a filter in Procmon to include or exclude processes..

You could look for steam only or exclude flightsim and see what else happens..

I wouldn't even know where to begin.  I'm sorry but I'm just not cut out for these kind of complicated applications.  I was gonna spend some time viewing YouTubes on how to use it.

Jack Sawyer

Also pursue the filter option in ProcMon... it will drastically reduce the number of lines to look at.

• Like 1

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Also pursue the filter option in ProcMon... it will drastically reduce the number of lines to look at.

I just looked at this and to be honest I'm like a fish out of water with it.  I really have no idea what to do. I'm sorry Bert.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I just looked at this and to be honest I'm like a fish out of water with it.  I really have no idea what to do. I'm sorry Bert.

Event Filters

To understand procmon, you undoubtedly need to understand the concept of event filters. Event filters are how you separate the signal from the noise. Event filters hide all of the events you’re not interested in. Above, you applied event filters by entire event classes but you can get a whole lot more granular.

There are multiple ways to interact with event filters. Let’s start out simple. Click on the Filter menu item at the top. You’ll see many different options to work with filters.

Filter menu options
Filter menu options

Viewing Filters

By default, procmon creates a filter for you. Under the Filter menu item, click on Filter…. You’ll see a Process Monitor Filter box come up with two areas; one for filtering your filter rules and one for viewing all of the rules you have set up. You can see an example of this below.

• Like 1

Bert

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin.  I'm sorry but I'm just not cut out for these kind of complicated applications.  I was gonna spend some time viewing YouTubes on how to use it.

https://adamtheautomator.com/procmon/

• Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Bert.  I feel like a one armed wallpaper hanger right now with so many things people want me to do.  I just got finished setting up a Dropbox account.

If you search the text file (in Notepad) for "Steam", you will find two entries.

• Like 1

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

If you search the text file (in Notepad) for "Steam", you will find two entries.

Ok, but what is Steam doing.  Is this normal?  Or is Steam doing something to cause this?  I'm baffled by this actually.

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Ok, but what is Steam doing.  Is this normal?  Or is Steam doing something to cause this?  I'm baffled by this actually.

I have no idea.. maybe another Steam user can jump in..

In the second trace.. how many Steam entries are there and what is the timing?

• Like 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have no idea.. maybe another Steam user can jump in..

In the second trace.. how many Steam entries are there and what is the timing?

6:58:11.1215293

6:58:38.1605306

6:59:05.2938860

6:59:32.3836283

6:59:59.4941130

Jack Sawyer

Jack, really feel bad for you. Steam user here, Just a thought: How you tried the sim while being OFFLINE from Steam. ?

That would be a quick way to see if Steam is doing something nefarious. You can start Steam to get MSFS started, then go OFFLINE from Steam and check you MSFS reaction. Just a thought.. Good Luck..Terry

• Like 1

Just now, simtech209 said:

Jack, really feel bad for you. Steam user here, Just a thought: How you tried the sim while being OFFLINE from Steam. ?

That would be a quick way to see if Steam is doing something nefarious. You can start Steam to get MSFS started, then go OFFLINE from Steam and check you MSFS reaction. Just a thought.. Good Luck..Terry

Thanks Terry.  Can you tell me precisely how to do this?

Jack Sawyer

Standby. I want to confirm something, but basically while MSFS is running, click on the Steam icon and go to the front page that has the following across the top : Steam  View Friends  Games  Help  Click on Steam option and in the dropdown select GO OFFLINE. Check your MSFS performance..I'll confirm that one can do that... 

• Like 1

Does this happen with all your planes? Reason I ask is this same kinda thing used to happen only with Fbw A320 for me. Never happened with any other plane. So got fenix instead for my airbus craving. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.