Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

5 hours ago, mrlip said:

Would be able to see that straightaway in task manager as the GPU would be absolutely pegged all the time

My drive would be buzzing nonstop.

sp

26 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Also, here's my Task Manager showing Startup.

4yzfWzI.png

What does Razer do?

• Like 2

Bert

Disable Process Lasso startup launch.  

In fact, for testing, don't run Process Lasso at all, run sim without and let me know if the pauses disappear.

I don't see any 1 minute intervals in the screenies you posted.  Certain repeated activity 1 minute apart would be what I would be looking for. 

You seem to have some IP configuration errors, with registry keys not being found.  That's interesting but not totally unexpected...maybe worth looking at what registry keys its looking for and not finding.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

34 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

While running ProcMon I did notice a pattern but I'm not sure if this is it.  Exactly every 60 seconds I get the Runtime Broker popping up.

Try disabling Runtime Broker in Task Manager.. it is known to potentially cause high CPU usage.

https://www.techbout.com/runtime-broker-high-cpu-usage-26832/

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Haven't got the time to look through this thread, so this might have already been posted.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/resolved-huge-stutter-every-60-seconds-anyone-have-a-fix/396931

Not sure if he fixed it, but at least he found out what it was. Apologies if this has already been posted.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

As for troubleshooting... sort the processes by name and scroll to Runtime Broker.  Watch it for CPU and RAM usage, and if it shows any usage changes every 60 sec.

And, based on the above post, are you using VR?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

On 2/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jack_Sawyer said:

After months of flying without the 60 second pause after I supposedly fixed it it's back.  I'm at the point where after 41 years of desktop simulation I'm very close to just donating it all and getting out of the hobby. Words cannot describe how frustrating this is.

Several months ago I spent weeks trying to figure it out after extensive and exhaustive searching.

I turned off ALL security stuff, I don't surf or email so I didn't care, I just wanted it to stop.  No help.

I did a lot of other things.  Then I noticed it was "gameoverlayui.exe" from Steam causing it.  So not only did I untick it in Steam but used Process Lasso to force it off and it worked.  I had been flying pause free for a while since then.

Now, yesterday, it's back.  I checked all my Windows, Steam, and Process Lasso settings and nothing has changed.  Could it have been the latest MSFS mini update of a week or so ago?

I'm at the point where I would gladly pay a substantial amount of US $ to anyone who could solve this for me as I'm worn out and frustrated.

Thanks.

Jack

Seems like a modal app is causing the hangup.  The problem indicates a file lock / block or the internet is not responding or something in the security framework is blocking.

Also since this happened before consider bad memory or a bad drive sector.

Last but not least I get long pauses when I don't use my USB trackball for a while.

The thing I would be most concerned about is the XBOX gaming service.

I didnt read the whole thread but did you log an MSFS trackit?  

Good luck with it.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

In fact, for testing, don't run Process Lasso at all, run sim without and let me know if the pauses disappear.

This would indeed be the first thing I would do... you said you were running lean and mean... 😉

• Like 1

Bert

55 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

The next set are with the Filter showing.

I really wish I knew more about this ProcMon but I don't so I'm struggling.

The last screen shows you Including FlightSimulator.exe.. change that to Exclude.

That should remove a lot of the noise..

• Like 1

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What does Razer do?

It's an OrbWeaver mini keyboard.  I've been using it for years.

I disconnected it and all other USB devices and all external drives and I still have the pauses.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

26 minutes ago, Mace said:

I don't see any 1 minute intervals in the screenies you posted.  Certain repeated activity 1 minute apart would be what I would be looking for. 

You seem to have some IP configuration errors, with registry keys not being found.  That's interesting but not totally unexpected...maybe worth looking at what registry keys its looking for and not finding.

Thanks again Mace.  I'll do this.  I only did this because it was recommended by someone here whom I trust, he said it would automatically balance the cores.  I've been running it since last July with no pauses but I will disable it.

I wish I knew what you know, I have no idea what IP configuration errors even are or how to fix them and me looking at a registry?  I might as well try reading Ancient Mesopotamian writing 😂

Jack Sawyer

25 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Haven't got the time to look through this thread, so this might have already been posted.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/resolved-huge-stutter-every-60-seconds-anyone-have-a-fix/396931

Not sure if he fixed it, but at least he found out what it was. Apologies if this has already been posted.

Thanks, this hasn't been posted here.  This makes me feel a little better knowing that many others have the same problem.  I wonder if this is coincidental with the last MSFS update since it was working flawlessly since July of last year.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks again Mace.  I'll do this.  I only did this because it was recommended by someone here whom I trust, he said it would automatically balance the cores.  I've been running it since last July with no pauses but I will disable it.

I wish I knew what you know, I have no idea what IP configuration errors even are or how to fix them and me looking at a registry?  I might as well try reading Ancient Mesopotamian writing 😂

I tried Project Lasso twice during my P3D days , and vowed never to put it on any PC I owned again. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Will try this also.

My guess is that you are going to find the culprit.

Start up without the extras... and turn off whatever looks suspicious..

• Like 2

Bert