Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

1 hour ago, GentleGroove said:

I'm pretty certain this would solve the problem.

Seems like a pretty drastic action to recommend for a brief pause every 60 sec.. cause unknown at present. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Hi Jack,

do you solved or fixed the Issue somehow ?

Things like that is a nightmare but we all know it could happen - how ever..🤪

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

And if you reinstall Windows, plz. try to keep the system clean and tidy. It doesnt seem that you have a clean and tidy installation at the very moment, certainly also not helpful to let STEAM start up with Windows (I have all apps deactivated except those really necessary). I did a clean install of Windows some months ago when I switched to the 13600K I have now and it was certainly worth the effort. It took me about 3h in total. Same goes for MSFS, due to the community folder way of having addons installed, you do not even need to re-install everything from scratch, just make a backup of your community folder and bring them back after you re-installed MSFS, ideally via Addons Linker app. 

Don't think I'll need to reinstall Windows.  I keep it very clean, no other app but MSFS, no emailing, no web surfing, I use CC Cleaner, and I definitely don't like Addons Linker (for personal reasons).  Thanks for your help though.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Seems like a pretty drastic action to recommend for a brief pause every 60 sec.. cause unknown at present. 😉

Agreed.  I've been busy doing other things and am very tired.  The reason I haven't posted here is because we had an AT&T outage that just now came back online.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Hi Jack,

do you solved or fixed the Issue somehow ?

Things like that is a nightmare but we all know it could happen - how ever..🤪

cheers 😉

Thanks PM, not yet, I'm hoping to solve it soon. 

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Don't think I'll need to reinstall Windows.  I keep it very clean, no other app but MSFS, no emailing, no web surfing, I use CC Cleaner, and I definitely don't like Addons Linker (for personal reasons).  Thanks for your help though.

Considering the fact that you obviously use the STEAM version of MSFS contradicts your statement, furthermore you obiviously let it start up with windows, otherwise you would not have had to kill a steam process in the first attempt to get rid of the stutter/pauses. Then, CCleaner is definitively NOT needed if you keep your OS clean and tidy, it can even do harm if used wrong. And well then, if Addons Linker is a no go due to personal reasons (whatever they might be), reinstalling Windows is no option, I seriously wonder what you expect with this thread? I am out...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yeah I don’t get it. So many hours wasted on this already trying to solve it, you say you don’t want to go through a whole reformat but if your Windows is so clean with hardly anything installed, then it should take no more than a couple of hours to wipe everything and start over, and that’s including reinstalling MSFS

3 minutes ago, mrlip said:

Yeah I don’t get it. So many hours wasted on this already trying to solve it, you say you don’t want to go through a whole reformat but if your Windows is so clean with hardly anything installed, then it should take no more than a couple of hours to wipe everything and start over, and that’s including reinstalling MSFS

Thanks but I don’t think it’s Windows.

Jack Sawyer

29 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Considering the fact that you obviously use the STEAM version of MSFS contradicts your statement, furthermore you obiviously let it start up with windows, otherwise you would not have had to kill a steam process in the first attempt to get rid of the stutter/pauses. Then, CCleaner is definitively NOT needed if you keep your OS clean and tidy, it can even do harm if used wrong. And well then, if Addons Linker is a no go due to personal reasons (whatever they might be), reinstalling Windows is no option, I seriously wonder what you expect with this thread? I am out...

Thanks for your help.  I do not let Steam start with Windows,  When I go to Task Manager and the Startup tab it doesn’t even show Steam.  If it did I’d disable it.

Jack Sawyer

33 minutes ago, AnkH said:

The Steam process was steamoverlay.exe which was shut down using Process Lasso and it solved it last summer.

However, I later discovered that all I needed to do was untick it in Steam which I also did.

I’m sorry you’re out and also sorry you feel so strongly about me reinstalling Windows.  It’s not something I want to do.  I must apologize for my disagreeing with you.

Jack Sawyer

Another thing that could be 60 seconds is -Personalization -Background - just check to see if it's somehow stuck on slideshow 1-Minute.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Another thing that could be 60 seconds is -Personalization -Background - just check to see if it's somehow stuck on slideshow 1-Minute.

Thanks.  I looked into this last summer.  I don’t even use any screensaver or slideshow. I just checked now and it’s still turned off.

After Steam reinstalled everything I’m still having the 1/2 second pause at exact 60 second intervals no matter what plane or airport I use.

But I’ve noticed a pattern.

It doesn’t start this until the sim has been running for around 15 minutes.

Jack Sawyer

16 hours ago, Mace said:

Actually with ProcMon there are little icons at the top.  Typically the one I use is to view file system only.  Earlier you posted a log and that was clearly the "Show Network Activity"...probably the least useful for troubleshooting a pause.   I'd limit it to "Show File System" and that might be more enlightening...again focusing on the times (look for something happening exactly at your pause times).

I'm not familiar with Steam.  But it seems like just deleting your cache wouldn't delete your addons.  If it did, look on the bright side, you can now reinstall the sim, and hopefully the pauses will not be there.

Hi Mace, I’m finally able to use ProcMon.  When I do as you describe with the sim running all I see are hundreds of entries consisting of “GTN_Simulator.exe”.

I started ProcMon after the sim was running otherwise the GTN wouldn’t have started.

This was just to see what showed up in ProcMon.

All I have selected in ProcMon is Show File System Activity.

Jack Sawyer

20 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Event Filters

To understand procmon, you undoubtedly need to understand the concept of event filters. Event filters are how you separate the signal from the noise. Event filters hide all of the events you’re not interested in. Above, you applied event filters by entire event classes but you can get a whole lot more granular.

There are multiple ways to interact with event filters. Let’s start out simple. Click on the Filter menu item at the top. You’ll see many different options to work with filters.

Filter menu options
Filter menu options

Viewing Filters

By default, procmon creates a filter for you. Under the Filter menu item, click on Filter…. You’ll see a Process Monitor Filter box come up with two areas; one for filtering your filter rules and one for viewing all of the rules you have set up. You can see an example of this below.

Hi Bert.  I've been trying to see if I can catch something but it's difficult.  I still haven't had a chance to learn ProcMon because of so many things going on.

I'm still getting the pauses in all planes, on the ground or in the air.

I'm going to post some screenshots below.  

While running ProcMon I did notice a pattern but I'm not sure if this is it.  Exactly every 60 seconds I get the Runtime Broker popping up.

As for my screenshots.  The first three are when I had Registry selected in ProcMon.

The next set are with the Filter showing.

I really wish I knew more about this ProcMon but I don't so I'm struggling.

ksEo1LI.jpg

Infnwk4.jpg

dv1jn75.jpg

G0a4Cgj.jpg

1Cz1lqV.jpg

TtYp83C.jpg

PCnKlC6.jpg

iFvAyUm.jpg

Jack Sawyer