Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Just trying to get you to not blame MSFS2020, it isn't the problem. 

Thanks again.  I’m glad to see it works so well for you.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

did you ever - most probably yes - start Win xx in safe mode? No idea whether that still lets you start MSFS, probably not if the GFX driver is also disabled but heck, just an idea. didn't have to use this option myself since years now, so not sure...

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

I've just gone back to FSX Steam for a while. Just a few days ago I was smirking at reports of other peoples' problems in MSFS, but that grin has since been wiped off my face. I have no idea what went wrong, a complete mess. I was really enjoying the scenery in MSFS and am willing to put up with a fair amount of abuse to be able to see that. What's weird is when you've got everything running perfectly (I've only had MSFS since about New Year's), you start to lean back and really enjoy the sim, thinking you've achieved some sort of consistency that looks really good, and then suddenly it seems like you're almost worse off than when you first installed it. But for me flying mostly long hauls, FSX and PMDG 747-400 really isn't that bad. Maybe just 3 days ago I was considering uninstalling FSX to free up space, but for now I just want to fly and enjoy and not deal with any hassles. I'm definitely still hanging on to MSFS, also got the 737-700 for it, but I'll probably sit out an update or two and check back into it later. The amount of time one spends troubleshooting and then waiting for things to load is absolutely stunning, in a negative way.

I hear you. I lasted two weeks and went back to V5 which works perfectly for me. I too will give it another try later on down the road.

• Like 1

Since it was a Steam Overlay problem before, have you checked Nvidia Experience if the In-Game Overlay is off? You just click on the cog in the upper right corner and it should be at the middle of the screen somewhere.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

did you ever - most probably yes - start Win xx in safe mode? No idea whether that still lets you start MSFS, probably not if the GFX driver is also disabled but heck, just an idea. didn't have to use this option myself since years now, so not sure...

No sir, never tried that or thought of it.  As it stands now I’m ready to start testing for the 60-second interval pause now however, FlyTampa’s YSSY and KBOS will simply not install no matter what I do.

I’ve tried to uninstall them and reinstall them into My Library where everything else is, still not showing in Content Manager or the sim.

I tried to install them in the sim itself and still not showing in Content Manager or the sim.  It’s only the two FlyTampa products.

I’m going to have to contact FlyTampa but I am getting awfully sick of this ridiculous nonsense.  It’s completely illogical when everything installs into the Library folder and shows in the sim but not these two.

They show in the Community folder but the sim doesn’t see them when it did jus yesterday before I told it to validate in Steam.

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Republic3D said:

Since it was a Steam Overlay problem before, have you checked Nvidia Experience if the In-Game Overlay is off? You just click on the cog in the upper right corner and it should be at the middle of the screen somewhere.

I don’t have the GeForce Experience installed.  I didn’t like it and never used it.

Jack Sawyer

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just trying to get you to not blame MSFS2020, it isn't the problem. 

Again, most helpful and I appreciate it a lot.  It would be nice if I could agree with you however but I do not.  I’m sorry if I come across this way but I too have an opinion.

Jack Sawyer

Something seems broken within your OS. In your place, I would:

a) reset Windows to factory settings (including removing programs / files)

b) do a fresh install of Steam and MSFS

I'm pretty certain this would solve the problem.

• Like 1

LPMA

Just now, GentleGroove said:

Something seems broken within your OS. In your place, I would:

a) reset Windows to factory settings (including removing programs / files)

b) do a fresh install of Steam and MSFS

I'm pretty certain this would solve the problem.

Thanks man.  That's out of the question.  I have the sim working again except for FlyTampa which I think is their problem because two from them are not installing when every other airport and plane is installing.  

As for the OS, no other problems noted.

And with that amount of work involved I honestly would rather just quit desktop simulation as I have my woodworking shop and hiking and writing to do.  This is not my main hobby so despite my pleas for help I really don't want to go through all that work because desktop simulation can be fun but it's just digital pixels on a screen when it's all said and done.  Just my opinion for what it's worth.  Sorry if that came across as offensive .

Jack Sawyer

13 hours ago, vin747 said:

Does this happen with all your planes? Reason I ask is this same kinda thing used to happen only with Fbw A320 for me. Never happened with any other plane. So got fenix instead for my airbus craving. 

Yes sir, all the planes.

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

And with that amount of work involved I honestly would rather just quit desktop simulation as I have my woodworking shop and hiking and writing to do.  This is not my main hobby so despite my pleas for help I really don't want to go through all that work because desktop simulation can be fun but it's just digital pixels on a screen when it's all said and done.  Just my opinion for what it's worth.  Sorry if that came across as offensive .

Not offensive at all, I just don't understand what you really want.

First you say you'd pay good money to have this fixed, then on the other hand, you don't seem to want any hassle in fixing it, just looking for someone to come up with a miraculous one-click fix. Complex problems normally don't have simple solutions, especially when it comes to computers, as often one fix generates another problem, and so on - and all those tweaks and fixes you've been adding are bound to do so.

As for the amount of work - windows reset is basically clicking on it to start, and then waiting for it to finish (you can do something else in the meantime). Same goes for the MSFS reinstall.

Anyway, good luck.

• Like 1

LPMA

7 minutes ago, GentleGroove said:

Not offensive at all, I just don't understand what you really want.

First you say you'd pay good money to have this fixed, then on the other hand, you don't seem to want any hassle in fixing it, just looking for someone to come up with a miraculous one-click fix. Complex problems normally don't have simple solutions, especially when it comes to computers, as often one fix generates another problem, and so on - and all those tweaks and fixes you've been adding are bound to do so.

As for the amount of work - windows reset is basically clicking on it to start, and then waiting for it to finish (you can do something else in the meantime). Same goes for the MSFS reinstall.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks, just frustrated is all.  

Jack Sawyer

And if you reinstall Windows, plz. try to keep the system clean and tidy. It doesnt seem that you have a clean and tidy installation at the very moment, certainly also not helpful to let STEAM start up with Windows (I have all apps deactivated except those really necessary). I did a clean install of Windows some months ago when I switched to the 13600K I have now and it was certainly worth the effort. It took me about 3h in total. Same goes for MSFS, due to the community folder way of having addons installed, you do not even need to re-install everything from scratch, just make a backup of your community folder and bring them back after you re-installed MSFS, ideally via Addons Linker app. 

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Bitcoin mining.  Happened to me a few years back.

sp

Would be able to see that straightaway in task manager as the GPU would be absolutely pegged all the time

• Like 1