Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

New Entry on p3d main site.

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

ORBX are very disappointing. But try to ignore any differences between real world and sim and just enjoy the experience.

Absolutely. This is why I uninstalled my Global and land class scenery and went with P3DV5 default with Free Mesh. Looks very crisp and realistic. I also use Photo Real from MSE and Freeware where available. I have a very nice looking P3DV5.3 for IFR or VFR. I tried the newer sim but as you say, the expense and aggravation are nowhere near worth it. Contentment is a great thing when you find it though it doesn't set well with business.

Vic green

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not forgetting the 7 degree glideslope. 😁 I hope you have a BAe146 for those flights.

I've done it in the QW AvroJet, the FeelThere E-Jets (they lack the ventral speedbrake of the modified version actually certified to land at EGLC, but there are ways to make it work), and several bizjets. It's not as fun in simulation as it is in real life, of course!

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

A new version of EGLC would be most welcome, considering that it now has a full length taxiway. That would instantly solve the problem of AI planes having to taxi up the runway whilst other planes are attempting to land.

Agreed. And Gary at UK2000 has said that he will look at a new version of EGLC once he can (economically) access aerial photography of the new finished layout, which wasn't available when I last asked him about it. But that would be for MSFS only, per his current policy. The only hope of an updated EGLC in P3D would be ORBX updating theirs (unlikely, I'd say, even if they update it for MSFS) or freeware. Perhaps a freeware extension to the ORBX airport is possible. 

• Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

LM working on P3D2000 simulator.....a space oddity.

Edited by Adrian123

46 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

well the hard true reality is that LM hasn't touch P3D in a long time, and let's better keep the add-ons developers out of the conversation.

BTW, there is still people using FS9 and FSX...

😂

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

A new version of EGLC would be most welcome, considering that it now has a full length taxiway. That would instantly solve the problem of AI planes having to taxi up the runway whilst other planes are attempting to land.

And i would put ENGM, Oslo Gardermoen on that list, need a big update too for P3D... 🥺

Edited by Bakern

49 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Absolutely. This is why I uninstalled my Global and land class scenery and went with P3DV5 default with Free Mesh. Looks very crisp and realistic.

I’ve kept FTX Global as the ground textures look better. And FS Global for detailed mountains. But UTX has been uninstalled as the default P3D has caught up.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

well the hard true reality is that LM hasn't touch P3D in a long time...

It is neither true nor is it reality.  That statement is what we used to call a "left-hand extraction" in my Pentagon days...in other words, nonsense that was pulled straight outta someone's butt.

The existence of a P3D v6 beta site was exposed a few months back, and since it was supposed to be private, it was moved.  But LM certainly didn't go to the trouble of building that site for a nonexistent project.

Let's dial back the hyperbole.

• Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

It is neither true nor is it reality.  That statement is what we used to call a "left-hand extraction" in my Pentagon days...in other words, nonsense that was pulled straight outta someone's butt.

The existence of a P3D v6 beta site was exposed a few months back, and since it was supposed to be private, it was moved.  But LM certainly didn't go to the trouble of building that site for a nonexistent project.

Let's dial back the hyperbole.

more than one year without a release for me is a long time, the longest hiatus since p3d is out.

it is really frustrating, to say the least, to receive such harsh response from the CEO of AVSIM for only expressing my opinion.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

4 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

well the hard true reality is that LM hasn't touch P3D in a long time,

A search using Google reveals this…

https://www.prepar3d.com/release-history/

Major releases occur around every three years. April 2023 will be three years since v5 was released. I confidently expect v6 will be announced in the next few months.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

well the hard true reality is that LM hasn't touch P3D in a long time

50 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

for only expressing my opinion

I realize English might not be your native language, but what you said was not expressing your opinion.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

33 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

I realize English might not be your native language, but what you said was not expressing your opinion.

the download page of p3d v5 is still showing a hotfix of v5.3 that was released in jan22, more than a year ago. 

Anyway, is better to stay away of this thread, some ol' pals seems to have issues with anger management and leadership skills.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

5 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

LM hasn't touch P3D

3 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

released in jan22, more than a year ago

If that is your definition of "touch", then yes, it's been more that a year. But their silence (meaning: no updates) does not mean that they are not working on (touching) a new version in the background. In fact, as already stated here (and elsewhere many times), an upcoming version 6 was leaked a while back in form of a logon page for authorized people.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

31 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

the download page of p3d v5 is still showing a hotfix of v5.3 that was released in jan22, more than a year ago. 

Anyway, is better to stay away of this thread, some ol' pals seems to have issues with anger management and leadership skills.

You stated that it was a known fact that P3D hasn't been touched, several corrected you with the proven statement that while no updates or new versions have been released, work has been ongoing from LM's side. 

No need to call anyone names and throw back-handed insults. 

6 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

No need to call anyone names and throw back-handed insults. 

LOL and I was just thinking how well we have used our Anger Management skills and ability as Leaders here today. I was just down right impressed with the performance of all my Pals here today.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

more than one year without a release for me is a long time, the longest hiatus since p3d is out.

it is really frustrating, to say the least, to receive such harsh response from the CEO of AVSIM for only expressing my opinion.

OK, I'll admit it was harsh, perhaps excessively so.  Apparently your intention was to lament the time that has elapsed since the last update to P3Dv5 was released, and that's fair critique. 

That said, I was reacting to what you actually wrote, which was an unambiguous statement of fact that is demonstrably untrue.  The P3D team at LM is indeed still employed and hard at work, and there's ample evidence of the ongoing development of an upcoming v6.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case