Sign in to follow this  
btacon

FlightFX Announces Release of HJet Using AAU1 Features

hey @sd_flyer thank you for your feedback , would you mind sharing a bit more details if you have the chance? collecting feedback on the update, haven't had one yet with non calculating TOD. 

For overspeeding , it happens that it might overshoot to 275 kts intermittently while transitioning from cruise to descent when cruise is riding the barber pole, may I suggest altering the cruise profile from 270/0.72 to 265/0.7 when nearing TOD to avoid this?  if the issue is deeper than this please let me know more details.

30 minutes ago, Marwan Gharib said:

hey @sd_flyer thank you for your feedback , would you mind sharing a bit more details if you have the chance? collecting feedback on the update, haven't had one yet with non calculating TOD. 

For overspeeding , it happens that it might overshoot to 275 kts intermittently while transitioning from cruise to descent when cruise is riding the barber pole, may I suggest altering the cruise profile from 270/0.72 to 265/0.7 when nearing TOD to avoid this?  if the issue is deeper than this please let me know more details.

Here is two issue on top of my head

Problem 1 MSFS generated flight plan, then edited with approach already preloaded. Cruising attitude FL400. Basically I do same routine is in previous version with Vnav enabled . Nevertheless TOD was calculated only once. Not sure why.

Problem 2: Approaching IAF HJET doesn't automatically sequence to approach phase like it did before. So I active approach via PROC yet HJET doesn't follow it. I have to use  direct to IAF function to make HJET to sequence back to the approach. 

Possible problem 3. Manually flying jet with spoilers fully extended and throttle all way to idle HJET doesn't decelerate as good as before. Not sure if it is correct  behavior or a bug 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Iv've had issues with going to approach in the past but not always.  It is a good point however.

Still V2 is a great effort by WT, MG and FlightFX.

Good to see that Flight Simulation is progressing so well.

sp

I’ve noticed a couple of minor bugs so far.  Landing lights don’t turn off in auto mode, and the hydraulics systems button is misspelled “hydaulics.”

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

2 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Liking V2 so far.  How do I get the VNAV profile to display on the MFD?  Had it once but then lost it.

Thanks

sp

GTC (either one, L or R). Map. Map Options. One selection from top. Then select from the options.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Here is two issue on top of my head

Problem 1 MSFS generated flight plan, then edited with approach already preloaded. Cruising attitude FL400. Basically I do same routine is in previous version with Vnav enabled . Nevertheless TOD was calculated only once. Not sure why.

Problem 2: Approaching IAF HJET doesn't automatically sequence to approach phase like it did before. So I active approach via PROC yet HJET doesn't follow it. I have to use  direct to IAF function to make HJET to sequence back to the approach. 

Possible problem 3. Manually flying jet with spoilers fully extended and throttle all way to idle HJET doesn't decelerate as good as before. Not sure if it is correct  behavior or a bug 

hey @sd_flyer , thanks for the more details , 

One of the bigger changes in the new AAU1 is that now there are apporaches with "Vectors" legs if you didn't chose a transition for approach , this manifestes itself as a MANSEQ (manual sequence leg) or a big discontinuity , on reaching the last point before the MANSEQ the sequenceing will stop and the aircraft will expect to use heading mode for vectors , VNAV calculation in this state doesn't work as well.. possible this is what you've experienced?

with regards to deceleration , haven't really changed anything with the dynamics of that part, let me probe out the test team if they noticed similar behaviours.

6 hours ago, Marwan Gharib said:

One of the bigger changes in the new AAU1 is that now there are apporaches with "Vectors" legs if you didn't chose a transition for approach , this manifestes itself as a MANSEQ (manual sequence leg) or a big discontinuity , on reaching the last point before the MANSEQ the sequenceing will stop and the aircraft will expect to use heading mode for vectors

...and this (whilst not as convenient as an auto-transition) is how the real G3000/G5000 behaves.

V2 is working well on my end.  Have always had TOD, but I don't use the MSFS planner for the HJET - I enter manually - So maybe that's an issue with a flight plan that's been imported from the MSFS Planner.

It's a fantastic plane and experience now.  The things I'd like now are merely minor immersion factors; such as the fact that when you manually increase the HVAC fan speed on the GTC, you don't currently hear any increase in fan speed.

I do feel the weak point (if there is one) is sound.  The engines have no bass whatsoever - no frequencies below 500Hz.   Whilst it could be argued that this is what you'd hear from the cockpit, even the external view just has tiny, high-pitched, high frequency sounds for the engines.   Also, there are no ground roll sounds at all - no fine lumps and bumps.  It's a very sterile sound experience, IMHO, and unfortunately, FT+Sim has not made a sound set for the HJET (yet).

But as an end to end flight, systems-wise, it's a great experience now.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

30 minutes ago, JYW said:

It's a very sterile sound experience, IMHO, and unfortunately, FT+Sim has not made a sound set for the HJET (yet).

There is an FTsim sound pack for the HJet; I’m using it.  You may need to be a patreon supporter to get it however.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

There is an FTsim sound pack for the HJet; I’m using it.  You may need to be a patreon supporter to get it however.

I am a Patreon of his, and just scanned all of the MSFS posts and couldn't see anything for the HJET.

I also looked on his (separate) website and could see nothing listed for the HJET either.   I wonder if he has removed it?

Here's his website, MSFS packs.   No mention of the HJET that I can see:-

https://www.ftsimplus.com/msfs2020.html

🥴

Bill

2 hours ago, JYW said:

I do feel the weak point (if there is one) is sound.  The engines have no bass whatsoever - no frequencies below 500Hz.   Whilst it could be argued that this is what you'd hear from the cockpit, even the external view just has tiny, high-pitched, high frequency sounds for the engines.   Also, there are no ground roll sounds at all - no fine lumps and bumps.  It's a very sterile sound experience, IMHO, and unfortunately, FT+Sim has not made a sound set for the HJET (yet).

I agree as well on the sounds.  You should not be hearing the whiny pitch sound up at altitude.  Engine sounds should fade pretty quickly as you climb (PMDG did a great job with this) with the wind sound taking over.  Hopefully a refinement of the sound set can be done at some point.....otherwise a great little aircraft.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

I am a Patreon of his, and just scanned all of the MSFS posts and couldn't see anything for the HJET.

I also looked on his (separate) website and could see nothing listed for the HJET either.   I wonder if he has removed it?

Here's his website, MSFS packs.   No mention of the HJET that I can see:-

https://www.ftsimplus.com/msfs2020.html

🥴

Are you in the patreon $5 tier?  You won’t see all the sound pack posts if you are not.  I just downloaded the HJet pack yesterday so it was definitely there.

• Upvote 1

Gary

3 hours ago, Gilandred said:

Are you in the patreon $5 tier?  You won’t see all the sound pack posts if you are not.  I just downloaded the HJet pack yesterday so it was definitely there.

You'll see the posts, regardless of your tier (you just can't press 'continue' to get the download link).  I viewed all posts yesterday and there were no HJET posts.   He's done CJ4, Longitude, C510, but I can't see a post about the HJET.

Can't you provide a link (it won't allow download to non-Patroen but the link should still be sharable).

As it is, I'm mystified as I just cannot see any sign of a HJET sound pack by him.   Also, if you google "FT+Sim HJET sound pack" there are no results!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=FT%2BSim+hjet+sound+pack

Are you confusing the HJET with the VisionJet?

Edited by JYW

Bill

21 minutes ago, JYW said:

You'll see the posts, regardless of your tier (you just can't press 'continue' to get the download link).  I viewed all posts yesterday and there were no HJET posts.   He's done CJ4, Longitude, C510, but I can't see a post about the HJET.

Can't you provide a link (it won't allow download to non-Patroen but the link should still be sharable).

As it is, I'm mystified as I just cannot see any sign of a HJET sound pack by him.   Also, if you google "FT+Sim HJET sound pack" there are no results!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=FT%2BSim+hjet+sound+pack

Are you confusing the HJET with the VisionJet?

I'm not a patron but I did come across this on their page - https://www.patreon.com/FTSIM

30Gla1h.png

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29