Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Xbox controller

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You just can't operate it correctly with a controller. 

It might be true for liners. Even more for aircraft with a strong torque.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

you can certainly operate any aircraft with the controller.

or with the arrow keys. and for "a lot of snobbery" you can certainly operate any aircraft with the mouse.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

20 minutes ago, turbomax said:

or with the arrow keys. and for "a lot of snobbery" you can certainly operate any aircraft with the mouse.

Take a video of you doing a crosswind landing with the mouse....

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ah, this takes me back to the days of flying an ILS in the Sublogic ATP 737 using four fingers on the keyboard.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You just can't operate it correctly with a controller. 

Why on earth not? I’ve been operating it “correctly” using the controller since the game first came out, I’ve also got a mini keypad attached to it though. 

9 minutes ago, jon b said:

Ah, this takes me back to the days of flying an ILS in the Sublogic ATP 737 using four fingers on the keyboard.

Hi Jon, I’m a U.K. based 787 captain too! Glad to see you’re keeping your motor skills up using a variety of controls! The 787 is awesome isn’t it? 

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Take a video of you doing a crosswind landing with the mouse....

here you go, even without a mouse, just arrow keys:

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

It might be true for liners. Even more for aircraft with a strong torque.

That might be true for you but it’s obviously not true for everyone. Plenty of us fly a variety of aircraft in the sim (strong torque and all) with just the controller. . . perfectly well. 

Either way, we all play the game however we want, I was just answering the op who wanted to know “Is there any point at all trying the sim with just a controller” 

15 minutes ago, turbomax said:

here you go, even without a mouse, just arrow keys:

I can imagine you mashing that right arrow key frantically at the last minute. 😀

Just now, Gstove said:

I can imagine you mashing that right arrow key frantically at the last minute.

yes, only because the mouse had fallen off the cockpit table. otherwise it's a piece of cake, just like we always do in MSFS.

• Upvote 1

very nice.

23 minutes ago, Gstove said:

The 787 is awesome isn’t it? 

Hi there, well….as an ex 747 captain my answer to that might cause offence 😂

You should grab yourself the thrustmaster 787 yoke, it’s pretty good.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

4 minutes ago, jon b said:

Hi there, well….as an ex 747 captain my answer to that might cause offence 😂

I was on the 75/76 before so far prefer the 78. Are you involved in the 787 heavy division mod or all new 787-9? they’re always looking for more people to advise on it on their discord. It’s coming along slowly but seems to be the best 787 option at the moment. 

I'm still hopeful working title will do their magic on the asobo 78 in one of the avionics updates. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jon b said:

thanks for your feedback. many customers on Amazon liked the yoke, but hated the cheap design of the throttles?

very nice.

2 hours ago, Gstove said:

I was on the 75/76 before so far prefer the 78. Are you involved in the 787 heavy division mod or all new 787-9? they’re always looking for more people to advise on it on their discord. It’s coming along slowly but seems to be the best 787 option at the moment. 

I'm still hopeful working title will do their magic on the asobo 78 in one of the avionics updates. 

I would have liked to have flown the 75/76 combination.

The 78 is certainly a nice comfortable place to work with that super low cabin altitude I don’t get half as fatigued as on the jumbo, but I’m just a bit alarmed by its lack of performance.

No,I’m  not involved in any 787 projects , but I’m sure you’d agree the market is desperate for one on the MSFS platform.

787 captain.  

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

thanks for your feedback. many customers on Amazon liked the yoke, but hated the cheap design of the throttles?

I keep meaning to write a little review of the yoke in comparison to the real aircraft’s.

Its biggest USP is the pendular movement, I fly exclusively in VR and I was genuinely surprised how much a difference the pendular movement makes to the realistic feel. In fact the pendulum feels so good it deserves a proper metal yoke rather than the plastic one it has, but I guess it’s built to a price point for a larger consumer market.

The throttle unit isn’t too bad really ,  I quite like it, I think the quality is pretty standard for a mass market product, my only disappointment is the lack of a properly placed TOGA switch.

• Like 1

787 captain.