Sign in to follow this  
guibru

ENGM Oslo Gardermoen is now available

ENGM Oslo Gardermoen Airport is now available. One of my favorite distinations, I go there at least two a year.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/engm-msfs

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Buy the one from ORBX or wait for the one from Jo ERLEND who has to release his very soon for Aerosoft. And given Dev’s reputation. ???

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

That's the question many of us face. I decided to sit and wait this time.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

My question is there is a very good Freeware on flightsim.to that is very nice.   Would love to see a review of the differences between Orbx and the freeware.  Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, guibru said:

Buy the one from ORBX or wait for the one from Jo ERLEND who has to release his very soon for Aerosoft. And given Dev’s reputation. ???

Just checked the screenshots of Orbx's. No doubt Finni Hansen is a very good developer, it's just I consider Jo Sund (Aerosoft) to be one of the top two developers for flight sim scenery.
The only criticism to Jo's excellent work is that his EDDK scenery can be a bit heavy on performance on some systems.

Therefore:

• Have a moderate to lower-end PC (or just hate Aerosoft)? Go for Orbx's version.
  • Have a higher spec PC? Go for Jo Sund's version.
  • Don't want to spend any money? Go for the freeware version.

(IMHO, YMMV).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, guibru said:

ENGM Oslo Gardermoen Airport is now available. One of my favorite distinations, I go there at least two a year.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/engm-msfs

Every time I see that airport name, this comes back in mind:

"Oslo Gardermoen, Tower Condor taxi".

I'm keeping this one, it's quite good:

https://flightsim.to/file/25434/oslo-gardermoen-airport-engm

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Picked it up from ORBX, it's a beautiful rendition of the airport.  

Terminals, ground texturing all top notch.  Performance excellent.  Highly recommended.

Jase

Edited by JaseMelbo
  • Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Developers would give themselves a huge break if they stopped unnecessarily modelling the interior.... who is looking at the interior of an empty airport? Also, $30AUS? This is not worth that amount of money.

Edited by CombatCustard
cost of living outrage edit
  • Like 2

Three publisher and one nice freeware for only one airport 🙄

How about sceneries which are missing in MSFS? E.g Frankfurt ?

1 hour ago, CombatCustard said:

Developers would give themselves a huge break if they stopped unnecessarily modelling the interior.... who is looking at the interior of an empty airport? Also, $30AUS? This is not worth that amount of money.

That's less than 20 Euros and about 21 dollars... That's certainly not on the high end for such an airport. Taxi2Gate wants 24 Euros for their TFFR and Feelthere (!!) asks 24 Euros for their Nashville. Actually the more I think about the more I consider Oslo a bargain.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Three publisher and one nice freeware for only one airport 🙄

From what I've heard Aerosoft owns some sort of right on EDDF and forces the airport management (Fraport) to deny access to the airport (taking photos etc.) to everyone else who asks for it. There might even be some copyright involved (like for the writings and logos depicted). That's what deters most serious devs from trying. There's a Feelthere version, though 😄

17 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

From what I've heard Aerosoft owns some sort of right on EDDF and forces the airport management (Fraport) to deny access to the airport (taking photos etc.) to everyone else who asks for it. There might even be some copyright involved (like for the writings and logos depicted). That's what deters most serious devs from trying. There's a Feelthere version, though 😄

That's really unfortunate, if true. Is Aerosoft/Simwings even working on that scenery for MSFS yet?

I also got the Orbx version, but I get constant CTD's when using AI (both default and AIG)... When loading the default airport everything is OK. Anyone else seeing the same?

3 hours ago, mobiel said:

I know it's not the same, yet there is a freeware mod to improve the look of the Asobo deluxe EDDF:

https://flightsim.to/file/13406/lufthansa-logos-for-frankfurt-am-main

Also, a standalone freeware version of EDDF:

https://flightsim.to/file/29066/eddf-frankfurt-main-international-beta-experimental

1 hour ago, edemeijer said:

I also got the Orbx version, but I get constant CTD's when using AI (both default and AIG)... When loading the default airport everything is OK. Anyone else seeing the same?

Have you raised a support ticket with Orbx?

https://orbxsystems.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/group/-1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter