Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

OMG the Clouds!

I am stunned with the latest update. The clouds have taken a big leap forward.  All of these images were taken in the same place - there were about 7 individual cloud layers all interacting with the light in amazing ways.  All I did was change the time and altitude between images, but all were in exactly the same place.

Magical!  Whatever LR are paying the weather team, it isn't enough 😁

12-04-Clouds1.png

12-04-Clouds3.png

12-04-Clouds4.png

12-04-Clouds5.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

23 minutes ago, Greazer said:

The weather engine must render all cloud types and do it properly.  Long, long way to go.

Even a huge update like this one passes you by!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

42 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Long, long way to go.

Long, long?  Not just “long”?

At least they don’t look like a volcano erupted nearby. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

The weather engine must render all cloud types and do it properly.  Long, long way to go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cloud_types

Golly! There's a few in that there list for sure. Safe to say you won't be using the sim any time soon?

• Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, blingthinger said:

Safe to say you won't be using the sim any time soon?

Well if he is still on XP11 like the majority of steam users, then I think it is safe to say that LR has not done enough to move their XP11 users over to XP12. We need to see more progress with the clouds, especially at night.

We are now 5 months past pre release...development is slow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

At least they don’t look like a volcano erupted nearby. 

is that so?

xplane12.04.b2-blackcnrerk.jpg

these clouds at 4:50 p.m. look like this:

xplane12.04.b2-blackcp6e2y.jpg

same clouds, same position, look like this at 5:50 p.m.

xplane12.04.b2-blackcsnfet.jpg

"Whatever LR are paying the weather team, it isn't enough"

obviously, I totally agree 😀

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, OverTheEDJ said:

We are now 5 months past pre release...development is slow.

28 updates in 5 months.

You're right.  Way too slow.

I don't know how they stay in business.

Maybe they should do the 1 update per month method.  Oh wait.  That would make them even slower.

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

is that so?

I have absolutely zero interest in discussing MSFS comparisons with you when you cherry pick comparison screenshots, where you choose the most extreme rare cases of X-Plane with the most extreme rare cases of MSFS.  In this case, something that looks like fog.  Although that last one looks like some giant black blob.  Very weird cloud.  

I could easily post a screenshot of X-Plane clouds, or I could cherry pick volcanic MSFS clouds to prove you wrong, but to be honest, I just can't be bothered.  Particularly when there are enough screenshots already posted.

It's a flight sim.  I really don't get why people like you get so worked up over these things.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

We need to see more progress with the clouds

Judging by the update I have just witnessed, I would say you'll be happy around XP18.  Actually, I need to revise that last sentence because you will never be happy with any update.

53 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

development is slow

Confirmed, you will never be happy.  You couldn't find it within yourself to post a single positive image from this update, in fact, I have never seen anything positive from you on this forum ever.  It makes me incredibly sad that your comments probably have to be read by those at LR who have done such an amazing job with this 12.04 update. As I have said previously, this is just about the biggest jump forward I have ever seen in a flight sim.  I just hope my positive comments can somehow alleviate the negativity people like yourself bring to this forum.

Turbomax and yourself really need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, GoranM said:

If you don't like it, don't use it.

great idea. how about fix it? other developers of other "games" actively welcome bug reports, especially of "extreme" or "rare" situations. you obviously don't, not surprising, being a commercial x-plane 3rd party developer.

"where you choose the most extreme rare cases of X-Plane"

most extremely distracting - agreed, rare cases - totally not so.

happens all the time everywhere around twilight. that's why I included the time of day. anyone can try this anywhere for themselves.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

21 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

this is just about the biggest jump forward I have ever seen in a flight sim.

if you are only talking about xplane that may be true.

• Like 1

very nice.

4 minutes ago, turbomax said:

great idea. how about fix it?

Why didn't I think of that?!

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, turbomax said:

great idea. how about fix it? other developers of other "games" actively welcome bug reports, especially of "extreme" or "rare" situations. you obviously don't, not surprising, being a commercial x-plane 3rd party developer.

This is going beyond just negativity.

I don't like the purple sky , it's the same in XP11 and carried forward , this is only if there are stratocumulus with ice / droplets, I believe is when that purple sky happens.

I have woken way before wake up time to look at the sky in real and what I see in XP , well to my disappointment it isn't like that in real. 

during sunset it's yellow / orangish , as the solar zenith angle is passing over the atmosphere in that part of the world. Maybe i need to recheck during monsoon

I live in Mumbai, it might be seen in the northern areas ?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

other developers of other "games" actively welcome bug reports, especially of "extreme" or "rare" situations. you obviously don't, not surprising, being a commercial x-plane 3rd party developer.

What, exactly, is this supposed to mean?  That I don't update my products?  That I don't acknowledge LR updating X-Plane?  

You've got quite the nerve making such accusations, when you, literally, have no idea.

happens all the time everywhere

It does...?

around twilight

oh, ok.  So...all the time, everywhere...around twilight.  

So NOT all the time.  Just around twilight.

• Like 1