Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Significant perf degradation after two flights

Not sure if this happens to everyone, just checking. Yesterday I did two flights, KORD-KRDU and the return leg without shutting down and restarting the sim. 

On final to 28C I got to as low as 1FPS and the sim was pretty much unusable but I somehow managed to touch down and exit the runway. Not the first time this has happened to me. Is this normal behavior in the current state or is that me? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I noticed by my fourth flight or so I was getting a lot of micro stuttering.  I’m on the SU12 beta and was starting multiple flights investigating an issue so it’s hard to say what the issue is.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I normally restart the sim for the return leg to avoid any issues, but I was in hurry yesterday. I miss the option from FSX/P3D to be able to go on with the return leg without exiting the sim or to the main menu. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I've been noticing the manipulators thread steadily increasing on many of my flights. Since I disabled FSLTL and went back to stock live traffic it has gotten significantly better.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

I've been noticing the manipulators thread steadily increasing on many of my flights. Since I disabled FSLTL and went back to stock live traffic it has gotten significantly better.

I turned off the FSLTL injector when it started acting up, but it didn’t solve the degradation. I don’t know how to check but potentially simconnect was still getting hammered with requests? 

Jacek G.

When I do return legs in this sim without restarting it, I get similar performance degradation. Frames drop into single digits on approach on the second leg. Also similar, I turned off FSLTL injector and also saw no difference. Sort of discouraging but hopefully this gets addressed at some point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I normally restart the sim for the return leg to avoid any issues, but I was in hurry yesterday. I miss the option from FSX/P3D to be able to go on with the return leg without exiting the sim or to the main menu. 

Same here, except for a testing situation like today I always exit the sim on the rare occasions I have time for more than one leg in a row.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If often do two or three consecutive flights w/o shutting down MSFS and don't see significant degradation.  I have had the very rare scenario as described w/ ultra low frame rate but it is so rare as to not be worth trying to troubleshoot for.  I have paused a flight (Esc > Space) for several hours, returned and had substantial degradation, but often no problem with that.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I’m going to try it again next weekend. Is there a way to see if the simconnect is getting bottlenecked somehow? 

Jacek G.

Looks like a persistent memory leak issue with the sim. I gets drained when you fly multiple legs somehow.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Is this with the Beta ? or currant version? And if so, has it been reported?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I usually get the memory leak with traffic enabled, fps halves on multiple flights so have to restart after each flight. Think this has been known by ASOBO for a while now.

Is it an issue with 40 series cards? I do not have any performance degradation what so ever since SU10! I use Justflights FS Traffic set at 100% and haven't had a single drop.

13 hours ago, Car147 said:

Is this with the Beta ? or currant version? And if so, has it been reported?

Nah, SU11. I am going to try this with other scenery than FSDT's ORD too. It has happened to me 2 or three times and all on final to O'Hare. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

22 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I turned off the FSLTL injector when it started acting up, but it didn’t solve the degradation. I don’t know how to check but potentially simconnect was still getting hammered with requests? 

Turning off the injector won't help if it's the same problem I have seen. It has happened to me twice and both times is was FSLTL and both times it was because the were loads of planes all spawned on top of one another and stuck at one part of one taxiway somewhere at an airport. Turning off the injecter does nothing as they are all still there. I'm willing to bet this wouldn't happen with FSLTL turned off from the start.

I do connecting flights all day without restarting the sim and never have a problem when FSLTL isn't running and never saw it until I started using it a few weeks ago. Next time it happens have a good look around the airport with the drone where the planes are and see if you see the same problem.

Another thing I noted is that the both times it happened was when I flew from one airport to another and the next leg saw me fly back to the same airport. On return to the airport there was a load of planes all inside one another and performance just tanked. As I said, turning off the injecter didn't remove the planes. This is an FSLTL problem.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2