Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

KPHX By BMWorld & AmSim RELEASED

This is a must buy for me. Must have been to that airport 50 times. I wonder if they've recreated the carpet!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I’m glad to see another developer release a high quality scenery for 2020. I’ve been waiting for a good KPHX for sometime. Now I don’t have to wait on FB anymore. 

Same here! Definite purchase for me. FlightBeam took too long on this one and lost my business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

8 hours ago, CaptBmckay said:

I definitely agree. It really is the best rendition of PHX. I wonder what Flightbeam will do now. 

Concentrate on MSP and new SFO, I guess. Maybe KIAD too.

• Like 1

From the screenshots, it looks like AI parking is --- once again --- not properly assigned. Can anyone who buys please confirm how it looks with AIG and/or FSLTL?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

From the screenshots, it looks like AI parking is --- once again --- not properly assigned. Can anyone who buys please confirm how it looks with AIG and/or FSLTL?

I briefly tried FSLTL last night and it was mostly accurate with AA on the north side of T4, WN on the south side of T4, and others (particularly Delta at the time) at T3. Not perfect but it looked generally OK.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

Same here! Definite purchase for me. FlightBeam took too long on this one and lost my business.

Yep, same here. Hopefully they get SFO out before someone else does. 

Eric 

Going against the grain here, but I will happily wait for the Flightbeam rendition, and I hope that Mir takes all the time he needs to put out a quality KSFO first. Flightbeam has always been the top dog in the scenery development world - Their products take longer to produce, but when you compare the quality of their products to other studios who can develop the same airport in 1/10 of the time, the biggest thing that comes to mind is how much more immersive and true-to-life Flightbeam’s releases are in comparison.

There’s an overwhelming sentiment of “Mir better get his next scenery done quickly or else somebody else will make it before him!”. A true work of art takes time and patience on both the developer and the purchaser’s ends. As is the case with most payware airports in MSFS now, there will always be somebody releasing their rendition “first”, but at the end of the day, the difference in quality couldn’t be greater between them and the developers who take their time. Keep taking your time Mir, those of us who’ve used your products since the FSX days still appreciate it!

• Like 4

FlightBeam should release whatever darn airports it likes, or any other developer for that matter.  The notion that only one developer can put out a scenery is not a valid one.  There is nothing wrong with options and competition.  Sure, maybe it won't work out for a developer.  Yet, as consumer, I think we benefit -- especially if it spurs on better and better output and pricing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hey guys!

So I've received some interesting messages recently and been seeing some head-scratching comments 😄
Let's clear the air: Congrats to BMWorld and AMSim for their release! No.. I am not "mad" or displeased. It's a free market, any developer can create whatever they want. The notion that we "planted" our flag at KPHX is completely laughable. The reason KPHX even got on our roadmap is by customer demand. So I put it on the roadmap - it's really quite that simple. It was never reserved, or expected to be held up by Flightbeam. These guys have released it first, so now all the folks that wanted PHX badly can now enjoy it, this is great!

It's also truly sad seeing some toxic comments like that mention customer have "lost my business". Flightbeam has been serving the FS Community since 2010, and I make sure every product is kept up to date by providing free updates since the inception of this business. It's already quite well known that I don't rush products. Every single product takes a long time, because I put a lot of care and detail into it. So yes, things are going to take time, that is the reality of high quality products. Other developers have 100% right to work on our roadmap airports in the meantime. It's not going to change much for me, they're still going to be released with the expected Flightbeam level of quality, performance and updates. The same thing goes for other devs, we will be working on airports you may have already released.

In the meantime, thumbs up to BMWorld for the great rendition of PHX! You should purchase and support this, and any other developer you want if you enjoy this hobby. It keeps the addon market going strong.

Edited by Mir // Flightbeam
  • Like 51
  • Upvote 8

Nobody has done Tucson yet. Just saying. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hey guys!

So I've received some interesting messages recently and been seeing some head-scratching comments 😄
Let's clear the air: Congrats to BMWorld and AMSim for their release! No.. I am not "mad" or displeased. It's a free market, any developer can create whatever they want. The notion that we "planted" our flag at KPHX is completely laughable. The reason KPHX even got on our roadmap is by customer demand. So I put it on the roadmap - it's really quite that simple. It was never reserved, or expected to be held up by Flightbeam. These guys have released it first, so now all the folks that wanted PHX badly can now enjoy it, this is great!

It's also truly sad seeing some toxic comments like that mention customer have "lost my business". Flightbeam has been serving the FS Community since 2010, and I make sure every product is kept up to date by providing free updates since the inception of this business. It's already quite well known that I don't rush products. Every single product takes a long time, because I put a lot of care and detail into it. So yes, things are going to take time, that is the reality of high quality products. Other developers have 100% right to work on our roadmap airports in the meantime. It's not going to change much for me, they're still going to be released with the expected Flightbeam level of quality, performance and updates. The same thing goes for other devs, we will be working on airports you may have already released.

In the meantime, thumbs up to BMWorld for the great rendition of PHX! You should purchase and support this, and any other developer you want if you enjoy this hobby. It keeps the addon market going strong.

Class act right here. Enough said!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Let's clear the air: Congrats to BMWorld and AMSim for their release!

Mir,

A very gracious and classy post!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Nobody has done Tucson yet. Just saying. 

Pretty good freeware here:

KTUS - Tucson International Airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Like 2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

7 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hey guys!

I'd take a Flightbeam airport over any other dev any given day, and I think many people think so. That said, are you still actively working on PHX after today?

• Like 2