Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

RTX 4090 no G-Sync Monitor - Solution

1 minute ago, LRBS said:

I'm afraid that each PC will react differently to any settings. IMHO is just to try different settings. What I can say from my observations on 3 PCs, each will show different results in different settings. I used as was suggested with Scanline Sunc at -140, Frametime graph on, and played around with FPS limit up to the point where I get a solid line (no ups/downs or spikes as to call it) resulting in no stutters, perfect smooth experience. To be honest you probably might spend a good amount of time to find that sweet spot. In my case, I stay away from DLSS with DX12. Apparently, this game is still not properly optimized, yet.

here is an easy one.  Since MS protects the documents.  How do I even point RTSS to MSFS?  I guess what I'm asking is what location is the exe file you guys point it to

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

here is an easy one.  Since MS protects the documents.  How do I even point RTSS to MSFS?  I guess what I'm asking is what location is the exe file you guys point it to

Not sure you have to. I just fire up RTSS, and it works automatically.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

You need MSI afterburner. Along with that comes RTSS. Do you want the OSD? If so, watch the above videos. If not, then in RTSS (the little new blue icon in your system tray) press SHIFT+Add. As long as the sim is running, you can select it from the list that pops up. I'd recommend unticking unnecessary programs.

image.png

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

On 3/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, V1ROTA7E said:

hooooolllyyyy $hitballs, it's incredible

Now add in some Nvidia Filter (Alt-F3 in game). With a touch of sharpening, contrast and gamma correction, maybe saturation... your failure is complete!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

31 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Now add in some Nvidia Filter (Alt-F3 in game). With a touch of sharpening, contrast and gamma correction, maybe saturation... your failure is complete!

How is that a failure? I'm also using a bit of Nvidia filters and I like the result. Other than that, happy to always try some hints which might improve the smoothness. 

Tapani Österberg

25 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

How is that a failure?

Humour. A line from a famous movie. Add in some filters and it's amazeballs! 

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I made this smooth with.
In Nvidia panel:

Max FPS 60
Vertical Sync on

In MSFS 
Frame Generation on

Smooth as butter

No need for RTSS etc.
Try it..

Edited by altenae
  • Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

2 hours ago, altenae said:

No need for RTSS etc.
Try it..

This is true, however I've found in limited testing that having RTSS/ScanLine enabled, the frametime is smoothed out. Still playing around with various options to find the perfect solution, but as for now, the original one I posted seems to work pretty word not allowed well.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

20 hours ago, altenae said:

I made this smooth with.
In Nvidia panel:

Max FPS 60
Vertical Sync on

In MSFS 
Frame Generation on

Smooth as butter

No need for RTSS etc.
Try it..

Yep.  Working great for me too.  Thanks!  I'll get around to playing with the RTSS also to see if I can get better frame times. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Yep.  Working great for me too.  Thanks!  I'll get around to playing with the RTSS also to see if I can get better frame times. 

Let me know If you found even more smoothness with RTSS settings

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:00 AM, micstatic said:

I have always found that using RTSS to lock fps always provides a way more consistent frame time than any other way of locking fps and the great thing is you can set a hot key to enable/disable the frame limiter on the fly. I get super smooth frame times with no Vsync at all, locked 45 fps in RTSS, 100 Hz refresh rate on my 55 inch Sony X90K with Gsync enabled. Running mostly ultra settings with some of the shadows turned down a notch. I also use Noel’s philosophy of setting the front edge sync in RTSS. I use these settings for complex aircraft like the Fenix & PMDG and in less demanding situations use RTSS to lock fps to 60.

I’ve been doing this for a month or so and have been really happy with the results, the key thing is always ensure you stay GPU limited and it should be smooth sailing. 

If you want to add a profile for MSFS hit the “Add” button then in the box type flightsimulator.exe, you cannot search for .exe and add it but the method I use works. I don’t use my PC for anything else so I just use the global profile. 

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 3/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, altenae said:

I made this smooth with.
In Nvidia panel:

Max FPS 60
Vertical Sync on

In MSFS 
Frame Generation on

Smooth as butter

No need for RTSS etc.
Try it..

Exactly what worked for me.  I had micro stutters before and with this it's perfectly smooth.  Of course when I run 400 LOD going into LHR I'm going to drop below 60FPS so I get some stutters but in all but the heaviest airports it runs great.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 3/26/2023 at 7:01 PM, altenae said:

I made this smooth with.
In Nvidia Control Panel: Max FPS 60, Vertical Sync on

In MSFS Frame Generation on

Smooth as butter

No need for RTSS etc.
Try it..

Yup, this works brilliantly for me on my old 60hz monitor until I get my 4k G-Sync Ultimate monitor. Thanks!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models