Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FPS Plunging with AI Traffic

Just loaded up a flight at Kern Valley (L05), no traffic actually present at the field but my FPS dropped from 60 to 12 after injecting traffic.

Sounds like we have a hotfix inbound so I’ll just fly solo until then.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

23 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

30FPS for me at LAX while tesing.... wonder why it is so different at each system

How many planes in the air? And: FSLTL has contrails with NO FPS impact, so yes, even 10% is huge...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

14 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How many planes in the air?

around 50+ airborn with visible contrails, was quite a show to see them ranging for some miles in the clear sky

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Per AIG personnel suggestion, I deleted VisualEffectsLib folder from the package and FPS is back to normal. It's temporary solution I guess. 

• Like 1

What I do not understand is: this folder is there and untouched since December 2022, how can it be suddenly an issue? No update was made to the folder today or yesterday, yet it suddenly leads to a huge FPS loss?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Comments removed since workaround has been posted.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guys, simply delete the folder as mentioned above and THEN re-run "verify setup", it will then download the new effect files (from 10th of March 2023) and FPS are back to normal even WITH the folder active. Seems that if you already had the old files (all dated from back in 2022), "verify setup" did not replace them with the newest ones leading to those abesimal low FPS. At least in my case it was like this...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

@Kaiii3 maybe you need to make the various effects (engine heat haze, contrails etc) an option like you do with ground vehicles in AIG TC? Something that can be turned on and off via the GUI?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I saw this today as well.  At the gate at a smaller airport.  My traffic injection was set to 50%.  Once traffic appeared FPS dropped from 40 to around 10.  There were 2 planes on the ground and maybe 9 in the air.  Once deleted traffic and shut down TC the FPS went back to 40.

. . . 

I just noticed the workaround listed above... is the folder mentioned the one in Community\aig-aitraffic-effects\  ?

Edited by nobleord

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Guys, simply delete the folder as mentioned above and THEN re-run "verify setup", it will then download the new effect files (from 10th of March 2023) and FPS are back to normal even WITH the folder active. Seems that if you already had the old files (all dated from back in 2022), "verify setup" did not replace them with the newest ones leading to those abesimal low FPS. At least in my case it was like this...

I can confirm this as well.

If you’re having trouble with AIG, I’d definitely recommend giving FSLTL a go. Effortless install via the FBW installer, very easy to run with the sim (use the FBW installer again) and doesn’t hurt the frames too much.

i’m running it with the Justflight FS Traffic models, optional but optimal.

No disrespect to AIG which has been a fantastic program, I’m just finding that the ease of use, fast load time, performance and live traffic function of FSLTL make it my go-to traffic solution now for the majority of my flights.

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

43 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

If you’re having trouble with AIG, I’d definitely recommend giving FSLTL a go. Effortless install via the FBW installer, very easy to run with the sim (use the FBW installer again) and doesn’t hurt the frames too much.

i’m running it with the Justflight FS Traffic models, optional but optimal.

No disrespect to AIG which has been a fantastic program, I’m just finding that the ease of use, fast load time, performance and live traffic function of FSLTL make it my go-to traffic solution now for the majority of my flights.

FSLTL is not bad, but a lot of aircraft and airlines are still missing and if you have to use the sim in a region where it's nighttime (time difference) - the sky is empty.

I stay with AIG! 

5 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Per AIG personnel suggestion, I deleted VisualEffectsLib folder from the package and FPS is back to normal. It's temporary solution I guess. 

Ok where is this folder located? I cant seem to find it

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

just a note that if you have AIG installed, the now resolved issue in this thread will also impact FSLTL.

Personally I use FSLTL when flying in real time (or close to it) otherwise I use AIG.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU