Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

2 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Perhaps not to correct say this but why don't you guys and girls just fly in Vatsim? Or IVAO? I remember I also tried years and years ago some of these ai atc programs. Once I joined Vatsim, there has not been looking back on those. Nothing beats the realism talking to another person on a frequency. And one learns it quickly, I did also although English is not my language. Oh, and that is the fun part of it also, different accents. And all this for free. 

It's an easy answer for me.  With 20 years and thousands and thousands of hours I've never seen the point in Vatsim, unless you want to fly into a certain airport at a certain time when someone happens to be controlling.

The number of times I've watched someone fire up a stream, get into the cruise, and then their destination airport goes offline.  Say tonight Air Hauler wants me to fly into Tehran or somewhere, then as good as Vatsim is, I'm not going to be talking to many people am I?

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Langeveldt said:

It's an easy answer for me.  With 20 years and thousands and thousands of hours I've never seen the point in Vatsim, unless you want to fly into a certain airport at a certain time when someone happens to be controlling.

The number of times I've watched someone fire up a stream, get into the cruise, and then their destination airport goes offline.  Say tonight Air Hauler wants me to fly into Tehran or somewhere, then as good as Vatsim is, I'm not going to be talking to many people am I?

Vatsim is great if you don't mind talking to yourself on Unicomm 80% of the time. 😉

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Vatsim is great if you don't mind talking to yourself on Unicomm 80% of the time. 😉

Yeah, Stansted tower's mum has finished cooking his dinner so I'll be coming in blind, again. 

Although the default offline ATC is very poor and there needs to be better.  I'm not denying this at all. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Perhaps not to correct say this but why don't you guys and girls just fly in Vatsim? Or IVAO? I remember I also tried years and years ago some of these ai atc programs. Once I joined Vatsim, there has not been looking back on those. Nothing beats the realism talking to another person on a frequency. And one learns it quickly, I did also although English is not my language. Oh, and that is the fun part of it also, different accents. And all this for free. 

Because I have two children and a busy job. Can’t stay in the chair all the time 😉

Used to be really active at multiple online networks maybe again later when more time!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Langeveldt said:

Vatsim is great if you don't mind talking to yourself on Unicomm 80% of the time

Otherwise you do like me I use Fshud and IVAO also at the same time 😅
I know it's forbidden I think but I like to be outside the law 😆

2 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Yeah, Stansted tower's mum has finished cooking his dinner so I'll be coming in blind, again. 

Although the default offline ATC is very poor and there needs to be better.  I'm not denying this at all. 

I used Vatsim for a couple of years. What used to really bug me, is when you would see a controller on duty, go to his location, set up a flight with flight plan, launch into the sim, and five minutes later,the only controller within 500 miles would sign off, because he wanted to watch a baseball game. 🤬

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Interesting to hear, was wondering if it was improving at all. 

Might give this one a shot when it's out of beta...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I didn't buy it because they said it wont work with airports bought from marketplace, has that changed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

I didn't buy it because they said it wont work with airports bought from marketplace, has that changed?

My thoughts exactly. Unless there is a way to incorporate addon airports, your going to be very limited with the tubeliner crowd. Why would anyone buy an ATC program that cannot work with them?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

7 minutes ago, Car147 said:

My thoughts exactly. Unless there is a way to incorporate addon airports, your going to be very limited with the tubeliner crowd. Why would anyone buy an ATC program that cannot work with them?

From the FSHud Dev:

MSFS Marketplace encrypted scenery

*If you are using MSFS Marketplace encrypted scenery, currently, the application  has no way of reading this scenery from BGL files. So, what happens now? 

Users see the add-on scenery but the application can only use the default scenery of the flight simulator.
Sometimes, for example when an airport’s layout differs between the default and the add-on scenery, you might see AI aircraft parked incorrectly,
 maybe even parked with its nose driven into the side of a building.

This is because the add-on  scenery has a building footprint that is different from the default scenery, and the application has no information on this due to the scenery encryption.

The good news is that there are many (probably most) airports where add-on scenery does not differ in position.
In these cases our users will not notice any peculiar behavior.

However, MSFS now provides an API which completely avoids this issue. 
Utilizing this new API are in the plans for one of the next releases of version 1.3.

• Like 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

18 minutes ago, Nemo said:

From the FSHud Dev:

MSFS Marketplace encrypted scenery

*If you are using MSFS Marketplace encrypted scenery, currently, the application  has no way of reading this scenery from BGL files. So, what happens now? 

Users see the add-on scenery but the application can only use the default scenery of the flight simulator.
Sometimes, for example when an airport’s layout differs between the default and the add-on scenery, you might see AI aircraft parked incorrectly,
 maybe even parked with its nose driven into the side of a building.

This is because the add-on  scenery has a building footprint that is different from the default scenery, and the application has no information on this due to the scenery encryption.

The good news is that there are many (probably most) airports where add-on scenery does not differ in position.
In these cases our users will not notice any peculiar behavior.

However, MSFS now provides an API which completely avoids this issue. 
Utilizing this new API are in the plans for one of the next releases of version 1.3.

Thank you 🙂

Edited by MrSpeaker

54 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

You can use both 🙂. I often start Vatsim and Pilot2ATC simultaneously and switch to Vatsim whenever I get a controller. 

10 minutes ago, motishow said:

pilot2atc is better

That is what I used before the new Beta version of FsHud.

Pilot2Atc does not control air traffic, FSHud does. 

• Like 1

One question I have with FSHud, does it actually route you like an ATC would and give you a suitable routing, SID and STAR?  I saw in the demo video this was all plugged in manually while on the ground, which breaks the realism for me.  I'm not going to know what my arrival procedure will be for an airport nine hours away before I've even departed.