Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

16 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Completed first flight KBNA-KCHS all went well. A few questions:

1. I was cleared to 7K from ATC to KCHS. After takeoff cleared to 31K upon reaching 7K, is that realistic or should there have been a step climb?
  2. I have the volume turned up to 100% but the voices are very low, any ideas?
  3. If I change the voice properties, does it take effect or do I need to restart, it does not seem to make difference.

All and all FSHud looks very promising for sure. Great work!

For number one, I can only speak for PilotEdge but that happens to me a lot. No point keeping you down low when it just wastes fuel is guess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Completed first flight KBNA-KCHS all went well. A few questions:

1. I was cleared to 7K from ATC to KCHS. After takeoff cleared to 31K upon reaching 7K, is that realistic or should there have been a step climb?
  2. I have the volume turned up to 100% but the voices are very low, any ideas?
  3. If I change the voice properties, does it take effect or do I need to restart, it does not seem to make difference.

All and all FSHud looks very promising for sure. Great work!

"I have the volume turned up to 100% but the voices are very low, any ideas?"
You should check Simulator volume and FSHud volume in SoundMixer and adjust it accordingly.

"If I change the voice properties, does it take effect or do I need to restart, it does not seem to make difference."
Changes applies on next RadioCom transmission - I think adding kind of "Test sound" aside is a better idea.

• Like 1

For #1 it really varies depending on traffic volumes and the layout of various controllers’ airspace.  I expect ATC will want to clear you to climb as much as possible without having to keep giving you instructions every 6000 feet (default ATC generally gives way too many step climbs and gives them way too late in your climb).

Listening to live ATC at my home airport (YHZ) there are typically three climb clearances given.  On takeoff it’s 5000’, next clearance is FL230, then next is cruise altitude unless there’s conflicting traffic.  It’s not an overly busy terminal but there is a lot of crossing enroute traffic between eastern North America and Europe.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This thread piqued my interest as Ive been looking for replacement ATC software for a while now.

I bought a copy of FSHUD today and must say that, so far, Im impressed. I elected to download the beta version. Ive flown 3 flights so far, all planned on Simbrief and imported into FSHUD. For me, it has immediately been a more immersive experience as I usually dont use the default ATC at all. Flew SIDS and STARS in each case and received some vectors to final on one flight, which went perfectly.

There are some issue which @FSHud himself mentioned and I assume that these will be adressed as the beta continues. I received some spurious vectors while flying a STAR for example and Ive seen a couple of aircraft just vanish while taxiing. (Im using it with FSLTL).

On the question of voices, I cant say that I found them robotic at all. Clipped in places and not quite as good as the MS Azure ATC voices but perfectly fine.

I look forward to see how the beta progresses and the software improves. Great job so far @FSHud 👍

• Like 4

I am getting tempted to pick this up for use in conjunction with FSITL. I don't have the dedicated in-seat time to do vatsim.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:33 PM, FSHud said:

Version 1.3 will start to support intersection waypoints.

Will it allow to request certain intersections or only assign one automatically? (E.g. N5 at 28R at KORD is usually used unless heavy and I'd want to make sure FSHud gives me this intersection, not some random one.)

Also, I usually set the First Officer in any ATC addon I use to handle all the comms and frequency changes. Since FSHud doesn't yet support VR is there a lot I would still have to do in this case on the screen or can I just let the F/O handle things and forget about it?

Edited by Nixoq

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, Nixoq said:

Will it allow to request certain intersections or only assign one automatically? (E.g. N5 at 28R at KORD is usually used unless heavy and I'd want to make sure FSHud gives me this intersection, not some random one.)

Currently it is automatic, but not random.
It depends on more shorter taxi path - if runway length and takeoff distance allows to use more closer intersection to your parking position (shorter taxi path) it would be used.

At further point there would be option to specify intersection by the user - but it requires some kind of visual diagram of runway and all it's connecting taxiways.
By the end all this information is taken from BGL - in some cases taxiway names can be missing - therefore such visual diagram for selection is required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FSHud said:

You should check Simulator volume and FSHud volume in SoundMixer and adjust it accordingly.

"If I change the voice properties, does it take effect or do I need to restart, it does not seem to make difference."
Changes applies on next RadioCom transmission - I think adding kind of "Test sound" aside is a better idea.

I did check the sound mixer and both fshud and msfs are at 100%, any ideas?

Chris Chiozza

@cchiozza

Is the volume slider at the top of the "main" screen, above the text of the ATC conversations, set to max? I had to move this to increase the speech volume.

Edited by Vel

18 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

4 hours ago, FSHud said:

I missed the VOL at the top..My bad. Thanks

Chris Chiozza

Can I use FS Traffic or does it have to be FSLTL. Also any hope using ATC chatter where FSHUD and ATC Chatter would respect if the other was talking? Love  the product and have had since 1.0 and now it is so much better...

Chris Chiozza

21 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Just to understand - FSHud voices volume lower than MSFS engine and environment volume, or it's just low volume even if rest is muted? 

1 minute ago, FSHud said:

Just to understand - FSHud voices volume lower than MSFS engine and environment volume, or it's just low volume even if rest is muted? 

I did not see the VOL on the top of FSHUD..My fault. Great Work!

• Upvote 1

Chris Chiozza

1 minute ago, cchiozza said:

Can I use FS Traffic or does it have to be FSLTL. Also any hope using ATC chatter where FSHUD and ATC Chatter would respect if the other was talking? Love  the product and have had since 1.0 and now it is so much better...

You can use FS Traffic with FSLTL only - as long as only FSLTL can inject the traffic into FSHud (using FSHud SDK API).
Regarding ATC chatter - I guess there would be enough conversations with AI Aircraft, but still you can try....

1 minute ago, FSHud said:

You can use FS Traffic with FSLTL only - as long as only FSLTL can inject the traffic into FSHud (using FSHud SDK API).
Regarding ATC chatter - I guess there would be enough conversations with AI Aircraft, but still you can try....

Ok thanks, at this point it seems to work fine with just FS Traffic. But will test and report back.

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza