Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Furthermore I don't understand why anyone would use FS Chatter because I had FSHud 'chatter' all during the flight and, obviously, this is real time and functional chatter! Which surely beats fake chatter!

To me the recorded real world chatter still enhances the immersion because of the variety of voices and - sometimes informal - content. It avoids the pure FSHud chatter getting monotonous after some time.

 

Quote

My advice: combine FSHud with FSLTL. They work together PERFECTLY and it sure beats the awful default BGL option! (Awful due to Asobo btw.)

AIG works fine as well and gives plenty of traffic. Seems to be a little less impact on FPS than FSLTL, at least on my system. But that is still WIP anyway.

That is of course only after you have successfully endured the installation procedure of AIG - which could be ... cumbersome to say the least. Better take a whole day off for that...

 

Apart from that I agree with everything you said:

Quote

OH. MY. GOODNESS. It was AWESOME.

 

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alvega said:

Can we use FSHud without a flight plan? I mean, if I go to an airport and start flying around does it work and controls the AI like the default ATC? Or we always have to insert a flight plan?

Thats the Question..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tup61 said:

Seeing how FSHud actually controls the planes you see is awesome! No random chatter and ATC only talking to you: no, you are really part of it all and not more important than any of the AI planes you see! Great stuff!

 

 

Default ATC does this, looks like you never used it.

Also, can you please answer the question I asked you before?

Thanks.

Quote

 

Can we use FSHud without a flight plan? I mean, if I go to an airport and start flying around does it work and controls the AI like the default ATC? Or we always have to insert a flight plan?

 


Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Default ATC does this, looks like you never used it.

I used it. Which is why I bought FSHud. The problem is default ATC sucks big time and all other ATC addons do NOT control traffic (which is odd for an ATC addon...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Also, can you please answer the question I asked you before?

I would if I could. I am not the dev and have no clue. I never just fly around. But I will give it a try and let you know what happens!

EDIT
Come to think of it: you can't start a flight with FSHud without activating plan... I will see what happens if I simply add a departure and destination airport.

Edited by tup61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I would if I could. I am not the dev and have no clue. I never just fly around. But I will give it a try and let you know what happens!

EDIT
Come to think of it: you can't start a flight with FSHud without activating plan... I will see what happens if I simply add a departure and destination airport.

Ok, thanks.


Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read that FS HUD only supports IFR, so if you just want to fly around without a flight plan, looks like it doesn't allow for that. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have read that FS HUD only supports IFR, so if you just want to fly around without a flight plan, looks like it doesn't allow for that. 

Correct, it only does IFR (right now) but I think Alvega is mainly interested in FSHud controlling the AI around him when he flies, so without contacting ATC himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Alvega said:

Can we use FSHud without a flight plan? I mean, if I go to an airport and start flying around does it work and controls the AI like the default ATC? Or we always have to insert a flight plan?

Thanks.

 

Okay, so I started FSHud, MSFS and then FSLTL. I started a flight with my plane on a parking spot on EHAM. Nothing happened (obviously).

In FSHud you have to press on Continue in order to get things going (so before actually starting a flight with FSHud). As soon as I did that planes popped up and I saw FSLTL loading traffic (ordered by FSHud). After a few minutes I saw a plane starting to taxi. Nice.

To actually listen to ATC you HAVE to start a flight so I started a basic one: EHAM.04 DCT EHAM.04. After starting that one I could tune in to the various frequencies and I actually heard real time chatter! However, after the initial communications everything stayed silent and nothing moved anymore.

So I decided to take off all on my own (so without talking to ATC) and low and behold, planes started moving again and there was some communication. It wasn't too much though. I spend a few minutes flying around EHAM (in the Cub) but only saw 2 planes take off and 3 taxiing. Depending on the channel I tuned there was some chatter but not much. (EDIT The amount of communication with AI varies a lot btw. Sometimes there is constant chatter and sometimes you hear nothing for minutes and minutes. Guess it also depends on where you fly and the phase you are in.)

So yes, you can sort of use FSHud to get ATC and traffic working and communicating without really planning a flight but some input is needed and well... I wouldn't buy FSHud just for this. 😉

 

Edited by tup61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm starting to enjoy FSHUD, maybe the odd stutter is worth it, and that could even just be my perception.

I am wondering though, Simbrief always gives us departure and arrival runways.  So I've come into Casablanca 15L and an aircraft is taking off on the runway to my right towards me (although as there are two runways we missed each other).

Maybe the winds changed.  My question is, once we create a flight in Simbrief, does FSHud slavishly follow whatever Simbrief says, or does it change depending on conditions, and does all traffic follow that?  I did have the sim paused for a long time while I went out which could have caused the confusion.

Or maybe we don't have to select runways and SIDs and STARs in Simbrief, I am quite a novice user of it.  In which case what happens?  Does FSHud provide us with SIDs STARs and appropriate runways automatically? 
 

Edited by Langeveldt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

un

8 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

So I'm starting to enjoy FSHUD, maybe the odd stutter is worth it, and that could even just be my perception.

I am wondering though, Simbrief always gives us departure and arrival runways.  So I've come into Casablanca 15L and an aircraft is taking off on the runway to my right towards me (although as there are two runways we missed each other).

Maybe the winds changed.  My question is, once we create a flight in Simbrief, does FSHud slavishly follow whatever Simbrief says, or does it change depending on conditions, and does all traffic follow that?  I did have the sim paused for a long time while I went out which could have caused the confusion.

Or maybe we don't have to select runways and SIDs and STARs in Simbrief, I am quite a novice user of it.  In which case what happens?  Does FSHud provide us with SIDs STARs and appropriate runways automatically? 
 

as my understanding, in beta version, FSHUD can assign you different SID STAR and runway from simbrief in order to comply with AI plane selection. 

Edited by gabriel122
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, it seems to be as follows:

Assuming we have a runway 09/27 and wind 185/05 at the destination of our flight, simBrief will probably give us rwy 27 to land on. Let's say, this would also be the rwy that real air traffic uses, as we can see on FlightAware.

At the time of our arrival at our destination, the wind has now shifted to 175/05 for example. FSHud would now give us rwy 09 to land on.

However, as we might see on FlightAware, the real air traffic continues to use rwy 27 because the tailwind is only relatively weak. FSHud will, however, direct the AI traffic so that all AI flights land on rwy 09.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, tup61 said:

Another great thing: I was assigned another runway and SID automatically! So FSHud doesn't simply follow the Simbrief plan. And of course the AI also used that runway! And during cruise I was told another STAR and approach then I expected! Mighty cool!

How often does this occur? Because if it constantly deviates from the planned route it's not realistic either. It should have good reasons to deviate, like a significant change in wind, but otherwise follow the planned route.

Some general questions to everyone: Is there a way to designate preferred runways to comply with real world procedures as much as possible? E.g. landing and taking off on the 24s and 25s at LAX even with a slight tailwind or to ignore a runway that is virtually never used IRL?

If I set my F/O to handle all comms and radio ops, can I pretty much forget about the menu and fly in VR even if it doesn't yet fully support VR?

Does FSHud request random traffic from FSLTL or does FSLTL still inject live traffic based on FR24 with FSHud taking over managing that traffic?


JetPhotos | Airliners.net
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nixoq said:

How often does this occur? Because if it constantly deviates from the planned route it's not realistic either. It should have good reasons to deviate, like a significant change in wind, but otherwise follow the planned route.

Some general questions to everyone: Is there a way to designate preferred runways to comply with real world procedures as much as possible? E.g. landing and taking off on the 24s and 25s at LAX even with a slight tailwind or to ignore a runway that is virtually never used IRL?

If I set my F/O to handle all comms and radio ops, can I pretty much forget about the menu and fly in VR even if it doesn't yet fully support VR?

Does FSHud request random traffic from FSLTL or does FSLTL still inject live traffic based on FR24 with FSHud taking over managing that traffic?

Now FSHud is assigning runways based on actual weather / wind change, if you want another runway or STAR you can request that immediately after you are cleared for the STAR or approach procedure.

For a global ATC software it is almost impossible to integrate all off the local procedures, but maybe they could integrate runways preferences on the major airport like KLAX / EHAM / EDDF in the future? Like EHAM I got cleared for 22-04 but this runway is mostly used by VFR in real life. Normally only 06 and 18R or 24 and 36L are used with exceptions with strong winds or during traffic peaks. But there are of course a lot of airports in the world!

During your flight the FO will handle all the comms, you only have to ask for clearance, pushback, taxi etc.
I assigned a button to hide/unhide the menu on my boeing thrustmaster yoke and a button to 1 in the menu, more I don't need.

As far as I know FSLTL injects the live traffic via API into FSHud which indeed controlls that traffic.

 

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

279 replies - I couldn't resist any longer and bought it. That may have been unwise, but I will reserve the details for the developer's Discord channel.

P.S.: there seems to be no Discord channel. I guess they prefer if we expose our experience on their public forum. 

Edited by qqwertzde
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...