Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Using something different to Pete and JOhn Dowson's MakeRwys? I'm quite surprised MSFS still uses BGLs. Just goes to show that a good design is hard to beat. Just a pity it's difficult to edit AFCADs.

Yes - MSFS does use BGL - in future we will switch to MSFS SimConnect API that provides airport data.
But all ground data is taken only from BGL to make AI Traffic movement consistency according visuals

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Using something different to Pete and JOhn Dowson's MakeRwys? I'm quite surprised MSFS still uses BGLs. Just goes to show that a good design is hard to beat. Just a pity it's difficult to edit AFCADs.

BGL reading is one of fundamental parts of application which was written from scratch - because it also corrects data on-the-fly and maps airport for faster performance of late usage. 

8 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Still Fsltl is quite a fps eater, if you see this test results it eats 15 fps. 

The FPS impact of FSHud has been fixed with the latest beta. FPS impact of FSHud now is not significantly higher than with any other traffic like FSLTL or AIG.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FSHud said:

BGL reading is one of fundamental parts of application which was written from scratch - because it also corrects data on-the-fly and maps airport for faster performance of late usage. 

38 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Yes - MSFS does use BGL - in future we will switch to MSFS SimConnect API that provides airport data.
But all ground data is taken only from BGL to make AI Traffic movement consistency according visuals

If usage of BGLs is dropped will anyone supply an editor similar to ADE so airport taxiways, parking positions and a lot more can be edited?

Are you talking about Asobo’s plans or yours?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Still Fsltl is quite a fps eater, if you see this test results it eats 15 fps. (without Fshud even started) I only use FsTraffic liveries with it. Also it is possible to reduce texture size of the Fsltl liveries.

(Also I just got a 4070 last week and on my system everything is smooth as silk now with frame generation)

There must be something wrong with your system. I use FSLTL all the time, and see no difference in FPS between FSLTL and MSFS AI real Traffic. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If usage of BGLs is dropped will anyone supply an editor similar to ADE so airport taxiways, parking positions and a lot more can be edited?

Are you talking about Asobo’s plans or yours?

I don't think BGL drop will come from Asobo in near future - it means to re-create almost all add-on airports which are BGL by the end.
But besides that - in previous releases of MSFS Asobo added encryption over some of BGL files (especially add-ons purchased via their built-in market) which
caused much of noise and impact.
I think Asobo left off the idea of encryption, but besides that, to calm down the winds - they also provided SimConnect API that allows to get airport data similar to provided in BGL file.

Our plans for near future is start to use SimConnect API besides BGL reading.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There must be something wrong with your system. I use FSLTL all the time, and see no difference in FPS between FSLTL and MSFS AI real Traffic. 

Now I use FsTraffic liveries with Fsltl injector, performance was better for me.

But it could also be my imagination…

Will install Fsltl liveries again this week to try with my new 4070!

33 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Now I use FsTraffic liveries with Fsltl injector, performance was better for me.

But it could also be my imagination…

Will install Fsltl liveries again this week to try with my new 4070!

What helped using FSLTL liveries on my modest system was that I converted the default 4K textures to 2K. I have no performance problems using FSLTL with my 2070Ti Super. 

Its quite straightforward to do if you want to try it. Full instructions and download links for the software required are here: https://izn-flightsim.s3.amazonaws.com/textureoptimizer.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FSHud said:

But besides that - in previous releases of MSFS Asobo added encryption over some of BGL files (especially add-ons purchased via their built-in market) which
caused much of noise and impact.

I’d heard about that and it mystifies me why they chose to go down that path. 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’d heard about that and it mystifies me why they chose to go down that path. 🤨

It also bring huge impact to FSHud - now go and try to explain to users who doesn't have much technical understanding what it is and why it is.
It was easier to shame FSHud on that by simplify things to "It doesn't support add-on scenery".

This thing was broadcasted highly and it took us much effort to explain what it is and the fact that in 99% of cases there is still default BGL files left installed in simulator,
which are used by FSHud and difference almost not noticeable.

Edited by FSHud

3 minutes ago, FSHud said:

It also bring huge impact to FSHud - now go and try to explain to users who doesn't have much technical understanding what it is and why it is.
It was easier to shame FSHud on that by simplify things to "It doesn't support add-on scenery".

I understand if you buy direct from the developer the files are not encrypted. It’s only the Store that encrypts them presumably as an anti-piracy policy.

People will go for the easy target when they should be raising it with Microsoft / Asobo. Presumably the developer has to agree to this in order to have their product available through the Store.

Given FSHud is compatible with P3D are there any such issues with that simulator?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I understand if you buy direct from the developer the files are not encrypted. It’s only the Store that encrypts them presumably as an anti-piracy policy.

People will go for the easy target when they should be raising it with Microsoft / Asobo. Presumably the developer has to agree to this in order to have their product available through the Store.

Given FSHud is compatible with P3D are there any such issues with that simulator?

In P3D everything works perfect. 
Proper scenery mappings, proper API that allows to control AI Aircraft without piloting it and working around (which takes tons of development time).

I used it fine the other day,

Ever since I have updated I get the following error. I have tried deleting my community folder and everything... very annoying. 

image.png

I created a ticket for this on the 22nd

image.png

Tyson Rose

2 hours ago, FSHud said:

In P3D everything works perfect. 
Proper scenery mappings, proper API that allows to control AI Aircraft without piloting it and working around (which takes tons of development time).

Food for thought. 👍 More cooperation from Microsoft and less interference wouldn’t be a bad move.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay so I got it working... Not sure what caused the hiccup but here is what I did 

I use symbolic links in my community folder, not sure if this is causing issues?

I went in and deleted everything from LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Was about to reinstall, even though I had closed the app THERE WERE STILL EXEs running in the background! As soon as I went in and forced closed those exes it seemed to make the app hard reload. I am guessing closing it sends it to tray. Which I understand but if it takes an entire reload for any error to be cleared out of the app, perhaps you should force close it for the user.

Reminds me of a time when I worked help desk and I asked the person to turn their computer off and back on, in about 3 seconds they were like, "okay it's back on" I said, "what?! there is no way your computer booted that fast" turns out they turned the monitor off and back on thinking that was turning the computer off 🤦‍♂️

Well now I am that newb user, who just sent your app to tray and by double clicking the executable windows 11 just reopened it from tray. Know your audience, we are all old hoagies who are turning our monitors off to reboot.

Haha, hope you find my feedback somewhat funny. 

Tyson Rose