Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

21 minutes ago, egntpilot said:

however have you played around with the voice settings?

Yes! Tried all kinds of settings but when 'the base package' isn't too good' the available settings won't help much. Lowering the speed helped the most but they are nowhere near as good as the previous voices were. But hey, this is pre-beta so... we'll see. I just expected more, that's all. 😉

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Yes! Tried all kinds of settings but when 'the base package' isn't too good' the available settings won't help much. Lowering the speed helped the most but they are nowhere near as good as the previous voices were. But hey, this is pre-beta so... we'll see. I just expected more, that's all. 😉

Thanks for feedback!
I can say that the current stage of voices is definitely not a final stage in version 1.3 - more work will be done on that.

• Like 4

Just picked this up and had a quick look over... Looks great.

If one wants to use FSTL Traffic do you start the injector after you have started the flight or are there any speciifc steps you take I could not see it in the manual or does one not use the injector at all?

H.

6 minutes ago, Hamish100 said:

Just picked this up and had a quick look over... Looks great.

If one wants to use FSTL Traffic do you start the injector after you have started the flight or are there any speciifc steps you take I could not see it in the manual or does one not use the injector at all?

H.

I start FSHud and MSFS then the FSLTL injector. The injector will run and state that’s it’s detected FSHud and once you’ve started your flight it will then start populating the sim with AI aircraft.

cheers

Steve

4 minutes ago, egntpilot said:

I start FSHud and MSFS then the FSLTL injector. The injector will run and state that’s it’s detected FSHud and once you’ve started your flight it will then start populating the sim with AI aircraft.

cheers

Steve

Confirm, first start FSHud so that FSLTL injector can recognize the FSHud server is running and self-configure for it. Then it's magic!

Of course, in FSHud settings make sure the server is indeed checked!

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Okay, well, after my initial er... underwhelmed impression (almost decided to uninstall the beta) I am beginning to get used to the voices (speed at 80: that helps a little) and I see more and more where the improvements are. I am even beginning to like to use traffic (which I usually had disabled). It's a nice feature that you can change the volume of traffic ATC so it's more obvious when ATC is talking to you. I also like how you can change procedures at any time. The number of AI is pretty low though, Have it at 50 but during the entire flight the timetable had a max of some 8 or 10 planes and only a few times there was interaction. (Using BGL only btw, I don't use any other traffic addon.)

But anyway, the balance is shifting to the positive side again over here LOL I am looking forward to what's coming! 😉

Edited by tup61

What are most beta users here using for traffic? BGL AIG or FSLTL? Because with BGL I hardly get to see any traffic (like 2 on the ground at Gatwick...). I wonder if FSLTL would improve that.

44 minutes ago, tup61 said:

What are most beta users here using for traffic? BGL AIG or FSLTL? Because with BGL I hardly get to see any traffic (like 2 on the ground at Gatwick...). I wonder if FSLTL would improve that.

FSLTL try it, for me it works great.

Also I only use FSTraffic liveries with it since they are much better for my performance?
I did not install FSLTL liveries, only use FSTraffic liveries.

25 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

FSLTL try it, for me it works great.

Just came back here to say I just did that in the meantime. And boy, what an easy install that was (specially once you have given AIG a try)! I installed the injector AND the liveries within no time and without setting anything up (in FSLTL itself) I immediately got a lot more traffic in MSFS (using FSHud, of course)! Awesome! That was one easy install sequence and well worth it! Works like a charm! Yeah, now things are starting to go pretty well. I am enjoying the FSHud beta more and more. 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Just came back here to say I just did that in the meantime. And boy, what an easy install that was (specially once you have given AIG a try)! I installed the injector AND the liveries within no time and without setting anything up (in FSLTL itself) I immediately got a lot more traffic in MSFS (using FSHud, of course)! Awesome! That was one easy install sequence and well worth it! Works like a charm! Yeah, now things are starting to go pretty well. I am enjoying the FSHud beta more and more. 😉

Can we use FSHud without a flight plan? I mean, if I go to an airport and start flying around does it work and controls the AI like the default ATC? Or we always have to insert a flight plan?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

On 4/21/2023 at 1:06 AM, FSHud said:

I think you've said same sentence previously - while at the meanwhile two new versions released.
What version did you use?

Mostly - there is no much to do on FSHud side - I think it's already over-tweaked.

We had similar issue - terrible FPS just because AI Aircraft exist - turning off V-SYNC solved the problem.
I'm not saying that V-SYNC is ultimate repair for that (you can even not try it) - but it's just means that MSFS requires tweaking - there is nothing we can do.

Trying the latest release as of today 1.3.51, will report back

What do I need to install if I am getting no traffic at all coming up when just BGL is selected?  I have FSTraffic liveries installed, that's it. 

Just completed my first flight from Aldergrove Belfast to Gatwick...

Pretty good worked for all the different parts of the flight... There was traffic using FSTL at Belfast but not much movement nothing took off or arrived in the 30 mins I was there.Not sure what the best settings are for Traffic?

A few flights appeared as I was crossing the channel and then about 6 other planes as I approached Gatwick... it was great to be vectored in although I should have changed runway as I had a huge tail wind..

The voices were pretty good though would like to have a chioce if possible as had a Ryanair plane with US accents I would not mind paying extra for better voices if its possible down the line. Also I have FS Chatter which worked at Belfast but as soon as I took off nothing more it always said out of range on the little pop up menu not sure if I needed to change that as it does add a lot to the immersion..

I did notice my frames were not great at Gatwick so not sure if its best to use FSTL or something else but there were a lot of parked aircraft for sure..

I think this is going to be a great ATC tool just need to read up and make sure I am doing things correctly...

H.

Edited by Hamish100

Okay. Just did my (what I would call) first official and complete flight with FSHud 1.3,

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

It was AWESOME. I now finally understand what's so great about traffic but even more so what's so great about FSHud actually controlling it! It's so more realistic and immersive! I took off from LEMD and when I approached the runway for take off another plane also was taxiing towards it from the other side. It was a Ryanair plane (FSLTL: gotta love it). And sure enough 1. I was told to hold and 2. ATC told Ryanair (!) to align on the runway for take off. (Can't remember the correct phrases.) Seeing how FSHud actually controls the planes you see is awesome! No random chatter and ATC only talking to you: no, you are really part of it all and not more important than any of the AI planes you see! Great stuff!

Another great thing: I was assigned another runway and SID automatically! So FSHud doesn't simply follow the Simbrief plan. And of course the AI also used that runway! And during cruise I was told another STAR and approach then I expected! Mighty cool!

Furthermore I don't understand why anyone would use FS Chatter because I had FSHud 'chatter' all during the flight and, obviously, this is real time and functional chatter! Which surely beats fake chatter!

I never really was into traffic before but this new FSHud version changed all that. I am totally into traffic now and FSHud absolutely ROCKS!!! It's just as the topic title says: FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

I really can't understand it if people keep on using their ATC addons which do not control the traffic at all (!) but controls only you... FSHud is way ahead of any other ATC addon and I really think that in time it will be the standard ATC addon anyone uses (or should use, because you always have people who can't stand change, even if it is for the better).

Mind you, this is still a pre-beta so not everything is perfect yet but it's getting there! (And yes, I even start to like the voices! The fact that there is not a word you hear that does not make sense (like fake chatter) also helps here.)

Yes, I was skeptical and underwhelmed a few days ago but now I am totally sold! 😄

EDIT
My advice: combine FSHud with FSLTL. They work together PERFECTLY and it sure beats the awful default BGL option! (Awful due to Asobo btw.)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 6

I agree! While there are other ATC programs out there, I have to have one that controls the traffic. Why have an an ATC addon that only tells you want to do and not other traffic? So, FSHud has done the job for me.

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale