Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

3 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

One thing I like about the default ATC is that I don't have to interact with ATC but can still monitor whatever nonsense is going on with the AI traffic in my vicinity by tuning the appropriate frequency,. Will I be able to do this with FSHud or is it more intimately tied to the user ?  I would love an option where I am invisible to ATC and could just fly along and listen. I wouldn't mind if I had to just ffile a flight plan on the ground to kick things off as I almost always have one in the FMC, either from LNM or the default world planner, depending on the aircraft I'm flying. I'm holding off buying for now and waiting for VR support ( V 1.4 ? )

You will have to wait for version 1.4 - because such feature completely relies to VFR style of flight (when none of Flight Plan is applied) - you just request flight following.
But even in default ATC - if you want to start IFR flight, you have to select flight route - similar to FSHud apply flight plan.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:16 AM, rob0203 said:

Ok, everybody should get ready for the new version of Fshud.

Briefly, how does FShud differ from default ATC beyond the voices which of course are different.  Default ATC interacts, calls out correctly, other AI traffic (I use FSLTL), as well as my own.  So what's the major draw? 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

- no "traffic in sight"-B/S

- assigning correct SIDs and STARs

- giving correct headings and altitudes/FLs

- no 18000ft-B/S in Europe

and so on... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, techman said:

- no "traffic in sight"-B/S

- assigning correct SIDs and STARs

- giving correct headings and altitudes/FLs

- no 18000ft-B/S in Europe

and so on... 

I am flying SIDS/STARS provided by SimBrief, and also World Planner (if in B738).  So FShud creates different routing than what SimBrief provides?  I find in general default ATC announces altitudes/FL steps that are generally compatible w/ those created by VNAV in the planes I use and constraints are in the ballpark as well.  Does FShud allow the user to request a short final?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just upgraded to 1.3.64 and am unable to start a flight after the simbrief import - anyone else ?

How about micro-stutters when opening/closing ATC window and when voices occur?

Noel

There is no way to compare default ATC to FShud. While not perfect yet, FShud is far and away the best option for ATC in my opinion and no I am not associated with FSHud. Just an experienced user....

Chris Chiozza

58 minutes ago, Noel said:

I am flying SIDS/STARS provided by SimBrief, and also World Planner (if in B738).  So FShud creates different routing than what SimBrief provides?  I find in general default ATC announces altitudes/FL steps that are generally compatible w/ those created by VNAV in the planes I use and constraints are in the ballpark as well.  Does FShud allow the user to request a short final?

The default atc isn’t really controlling the ai planes, or giving you instructions. For example, it won’t vector you, tel you to hold at a waypoint etc. it’s basically just guiding you in on your path. 

It is not uncommon for default atc to clear me to land and there is a plane on the runway. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:16 PM, rob0203 said:

Ok, everybody should get ready for the new version of Fshud.

I am now participating in the 1.3 Beta and it is the best offline Atc and AI experience I had in twenty years of Flightsim. And yes I own all the Atc addons!

They totally reworked the voices, the AI is now great in combination with Fsltl liveries. It actually controls all the AI not like background Atc. This is one of the things in which it now really shines. All the aircraft are really talking to Atc and moving real-time because FsHud injects and seperates the traffic itself and now does a really, really good job with this!

They fixed so many bugs, it is almost like you fly on Vatsim but then offline and with a lot of traffic.

The easy interface is so much better then PF3 or Pilot2Atc!

This is the future of offline Atc, I am really astonished with this new version!

I am sure with this new version you don’t want any other Atc software anymore!

For now only IFR, VFR will be later implemented I believe.

I'm still waiting for a credible review that validates all these claims, especially those "totally reworked voices".

I'm on the fence about purchasing, but I have a question...

1) Do we need a mic/headset to use it?

If not, do we control it similarly to the default ATC, just much better integrated?

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm still waiting for a credible review that validates all these claims, especially those "totally reworked voices".

I am afraid you are in for a long wait. I have asked for a video a couple of times on the new "voices" they are claiming, and so far, nothing. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

So hands down, does that really "fix" MSFS traffic? I don't care about robotic voices, I care about not having aircraft lining up while I am over the threshold or turning in circles or going around for fun etc. I use Vatsim whenever possible, but since I like to fly anywhere in the world I need an offline tool that gives me a solid behaviour of AI traffic. I'm using AIG traffic, if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony P said:

Just upgraded to 1.3.64 and am unable to start a flight after the simbrief import - anyone else ?

bump - anyone ?

1 hour ago, BrammyH said:

It is not uncommon for default atc to clear me to land and there is a plane on the runway. 

Happened a lot initially to me as well, but not for ages now it's drastically improved from what it used to do.  Same same never see spinning aircraft anymore either.  Overall, it's mostly an ambience-adding feature which basically works w/ fixed routing established in SimBrief or the WM planner.  Are there other voice options in FShud over the two I heard on their Demo 1 video?

Noel

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I am sure such reviews will come - when FSHud 1.3 is out of Beta. At this time most everything is still work in progress.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1