Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

27 minutes ago, Noel said:

How does the "control" differ from default, if you will?  I ask because default is always delivering directives to other AI planes in the vicinity, using correct airframe and livery.  This was a huge change from FSX default.

Default ATC = really bad

FSHud = really good and getting better

When it comes to ATC addons I honestly think FSHud is the absolute future. The fact alone that FSHud does control all the traffic (unlike other so called ATC addons) is of course a major point. And it does it better than default ATC too (use of runways for instance).

Of course there are more differences between default ATC and FSHud. Like FSHud allows the choice between QNH in hPA or inches, it does NOT think the transition level is 18.000 ft all over the world (quite an important thing if you fly outside of the US), it assigns ALL procedures on the fly (if needed), it does NOT tell you to control another controller 5 times in 5 minutes, it does NOT tell you to go to odd flightlevels or altitudes at the oddest moments, in short: it's really better than default ATC. And all that in an easy to set up and use program.

9 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Default ATC = really bad

FSHud = really good and getting better

When it comes to ATC addons I honestly think FSHud is the absolute future. The fact alone that FSHud does control all the traffic (unlike other so called ATC addons) is of course a major point. And it does it better than default ATC too (use of runways for instance).

Of course there are more differences between default ATC and FSHud. Like FSHud allows the choice between QNH in hPA or inches, it does NOT think the transition level is 18.000 ft all over the world (quite an important thing if you fly outside of the US), it assigns ALL procedures on the fly (if needed), it does NOT tell you to control another controller 5 times in 5 minutes, it does NOT tell you to go to odd flightlevels or altitudes at the oddest moments, in short: it's really better than default ATC. And all that in an easy to set up and use program.

I can confirm this. It still has its quirks and is still in active beta development, but 1.3 is a huge improvement over what it apparently was before. If/When I can solve the issue with too little traffic (opened a ticket), I will use it continuosly every time Vatsim ATC is not online.
Though I must say the dev reminds me a bit of virtuali in his ways of customer communication, but as with GSX there seems a solid technical and/or conceptual foundation and a work drive, so that's alright with me personally.

FSHud sounds like where default needs to go, which also suggests it's possible and perhaps some day Asobo will tackle it.  Right now I pretty much script my flights from start to finish and default ATC becomes sort of an ambience feature more than anything, and it generally does okay at that which is why I continue to use it. I asked about this:  are there ANY micro-stutters or worse associated w/ FSHud thus far?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

FSHud sounds like where default needs to go, which also suggests it's possible and perhaps some day Asobo will tackle it.  Right now I pretty much script my flights from start to finish and default ATC becomes sort of an ambience feature more than anything, and it generally does okay at that which is why I continue to use it. I asked about this:  are there ANY micro-stutters or worse associated w/ FSHud thus far?

I'm not sure Asobo has any intentions for that. I mean it's almost 3 years after the initial release and still with ATC / ATIS there's no baro pressure availabile in HPa, which is used everywhere in the world (except US). This would probably be a coding effort of 5 minutes and yet here we are in 2023.

You guys are making me tempted to get this. I tend to fly on PilotEdge but, being in the UK, it's never available before 4pm UK time. It would be nice to have some passable ATC to use for morning flights or weekends...Hmm.

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

You should ask Asobo at least handle out their micro-stutters when one of the third-parties using their SimConnect API - same happens with FSLTL by the way.
Also ask and hope that they will not make their SimConnect API even worse.
A good example of that - how it can be that injecting parked AI Aircraft with only lights turned ON will cost you stutters and FPS reduction in such magnificent simulator.
By the end - we have to walk on edge and spend tons of blind shooting tries and proof of concepts just to see that FPS doesn't decrease.
Getting zero answering from Asobo about those questions:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/11697/simconnect-ai-aircraft-waypoints.html?childToView=16182#comment-16182
And this:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simconnect-ai-injected-aircraft-ground-services/586211/3

So I guess selling Antarctica with Penguins or giving "Pilot Rainbow Kiss" is much more "sexier" and sold to users much more better than ATC where need to drill down in order to understand it.

Edited by FSHud
Edit

10 minutes ago, FSHud said:

You should ask Asobo at least handle out their micro-stutters when one of the third-parties using their SimConnect API - same happens with FSLTL by the way.
A good example of that - how it can be that injecting parked AI Aircraft with only lights turned ON will cost you stutters and FPS reduction in such magnificent simulator.
By the end - we have to walk on edge and spend tons of blind shooting tries and proof of concepts just to see that FPS doesn't decrease.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/11697/simconnect-ai-aircraft-waypoints.html?childToView=16182#comment-16182
And this:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simconnect-ai-injected-aircraft-ground-services/586211/3

So I guess selling Antarctica with Penguins or giving "Pilot Rainbow Kiss" is much more "sexier" and sold to users much more better than ATC where need to drill down in order to understand it.

So, if I understood correctly, the answer for his question is yes there are micro-sttuters.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

So, if I understood correctly, the answer for his question is yes there are micro-sttuters.

No, this is not my answer.

My answer is - there could be stutters if MSFS settings wasn't set properly - something that is completely out of control of Third Party.
Because FPS reduction and stutters can even happen if FSHud doesn't do any of operation (zero CPU usage) - it is not related to CPU consumption.

In latest BETA version it was more improved - locally we didn't notice any of stutters, but also tried to avoid all potential stutters problems.
I'm also not sure what version @Noel talks about and how it looks like.

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I've only tried it for one entire flight, but I did not notice any stutters. It felt exactly like with AIG. What he was probably referring to was the short stutter that happens when many aircraft get injected into the sim at the same time (be it with AIG, FSLTL or FSHud; on initial load)

I have been using FSHud for a while now and quite like it,but i always have a problem with INIBuilds EGLL.One example that happened to me yeasterday,i was cleared for the Logan approach via LAM into runway 09L.There was 2 or 3 aircraft in the close proximity to myself,none of the aircraft where vectored away including myself.When it came to given landing clearance,3 aircraft were all approaching 09L at the sametime,again no vector instructions were given,my TCAS was going crazy so i had to abort the approach,this only seems to happen at EGLL.

Gary Jones.

Edited by Benbo

19 minutes ago, FSHud said:

And this:

Ahh, but see I don't have microstutters since optimizing in 12/22 and that is with FSLTL (except when initially loaded) and default ATC, so this is why I ask the question.  From your reply I take it to mean there are microstutters associated w/ FSHud.  I can see ultra smooth and it is corroborated with CapFrameX.  This was lost for me, this Nirvana, around SU12 launch but I'm pretty sure it's solved w/ one of the 4 potential causes for massive stutters upon touchdown that I have recently discovered may play a role in this because it's back to Nirvana again, at least on my two most recent test flights.  I've reenabled the 2nd screen as a possible culprit and thankfully it's not that, so it's down to the other three mentioned here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/633596-having-major-stuttering-upon-arrival-take-the-poll/?do=findComment&comment=4956693

Here is the CFX report that correlates highly w/ perfection in animation, and this one was done w/ the 2nd screen enabled, so apparently this massive stuttering despite ample headroom issue on landing is solved by this, but also ultra smooth animation is as well.  I'm probably celebrating a little too early but so far very promising:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

@Noel,

What version of FSHud you're using?
It would be nice, if you can post some screenshots of your FPS counter in MSFS while FSHud is running.
Besides the necessary information of FSHud version you're using.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Large quoted post removed.

2 minutes ago, FSHud said:

What version of FSHud you're using?
It would be nice, if you can post some screenshots of your FPS counter in MSFS while FSHud is running.
Besides the necessary information of FSHud version you're using.

Not using FSHud yet, just learning about it and seeing if I want to go there.   I've become spoiled by perfection so this is why I ask about stutters vis a vis FSHud.

Noel

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Not using FSHud yet, just learning about it and seeing if I want to go there.   I've become spoiled by perfection so this is why I ask about stutters vis a vis FSHud.

I suggest waiting a little longer, for two reasons.

(i) FSHud is still a beta product. The developers are actively working on it, but at the moment, you have to live with basic mistakes, such as assigning the wrong runway.

(ii) ATC programs are a very personal choice. Some people here swear that Radar Contact was the best thing. I tried it in 2-3 flights and then mothballed it. I just disliked the concept, it was way too scripted. I would compare FSHud to RC. It is more modern and controls traffic, but it is also a highly scripted workflow. As with RC, I tried it and am unlikely to use it again. I prefer Vatsim or Pilot2ATC.

My hope would be that Flight1 will provide a trial version once the program is out of early access. Then people can judge for themselves whether they want to use FSHud or not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FSHud said:

And this:

I guess when they said this will be a 10 year project, they were literally going to give themselves 10 years to eventually get to all the bugs. I guess hang it up and come back in 2030 if you want a stable sim with a working SDK 🤣

It is actually my biggest fear with buying some of the lower end addons, like the ATR.. What happens when Sim Update 23 breaks the plane? Is anyone actually going to be around to patch the plane and get it working? IIRC SU 11 or 12 broke the PMDG 737, but they are a big company with resources to stay on top of it. If Asobo really plans on this charade for the next 7 years, how many of these devs are going to stick around keeping their stuff working when the money stopped rolling in a long time ago for that particular product? Or life circumstances happen and they moved on to do other things?

But FSHUD is definitely one of the best ATC addons. Looking forward to where it goes, hopefully we will see GA traffic before too long

Tyson Rose