Sign in to follow this  
verbal

Aerosoft A330 Pro

Hi all, recently purchased the Aerosoft A330 for v5 and as a Boeing guy I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Is anyone aware of a tutorial or series of tutorials (preferably on YouTube) covering the basics (cold and dark > engine start/pushback > take off > cruise > descent > landing < shut down (plus anything else I've missed).

Thanks. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

I think Aerosoft have good enough tutorial docs come with it, no?

Haven't read one for their A330 though, but based on what's available on their other product lines.

They do but I'm more of a see-it and do-it type of learner. That's how I learnt the PMDG boeings and from there I tend to produce my own flows, checklists and procedures. 

Edited by verbal

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

Marc

Aerosoft said there was no tutorial volume with the A330 just use the A320's. I have asked many times if that would change and was never given a answer. 

Jeffg

Jeffrey Gerbert

There's a whole lot of Aerosoft A330 full flight videos on Youtube. Just search for that term and you'll see them. There's even a few of it being used during the VATSIM CTP events. 

I would need to check but I suspect there are some SOP flows with MCE if you use said addon.

for now, cheers

john martin

42 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

There's a whole lot of Aerosoft A330 full flight videos on Youtube. Just search for that term and you'll see them. There's even a few of it being used during the VATSIM CTP events. 

Agreed but I thought I would ask here to see if there was one rated higher than others, I started watching one but the guy was just waffling on and telling me his life story before even starting the sim. 

Marc

On 4/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, verbal said:

Agreed but I thought I would ask here to see if there was one rated higher than others, I started watching one but the guy was just waffling on and telling me his life story before even starting the sim. 

make sure you dont use it with EA on.  or after 6 hours youll have issues.

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/12/2023 at 3:34 PM, fluffyflops said:

make sure you dont use it with EA on.  or after 6 hours youll have issues.

?Please why 6 hours and what sort of issues?

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

?Please why 6 hours and what sort of issues?

Richard.

you will loose simconnect. so if you are running anything that uses simconnect ie  vpilot and i think activesky it will knock it out.   Only way around it is at the 6 hour mark when you see the frames half you have to  go into the settings menu and either turn ea off and on again, or you can do a save , or clear a cloud layer.  anything to take you out of the sim into the menu,and back into it again.  However doing that you risk the sim CTD as you messing with stuff  in flight. 

Or you have to do the flight with EA off.

been raised numerous times with aerosoft.  nothing done about it. along with the shared flight deck.

same with rex skyforce if you run it while the sim is running (unless they have patched it which i dont think they have)  again raised many times, not sure if they fixed it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/21/2023 at 6:16 PM, fluffyflops said:

you will loose simconnect. so if you are running anything that uses simconnect ie  vpilot and i think activesky it will knock it out.   Only way around it is at the 6 hour mark when you see the frames half you have to  go into the settings menu and either turn ea off and on again, or you can do a save , or clear a cloud layer.  anything to take you out of the sim into the menu,and back into it again.  However doing that you risk the sim CTD as you messing with stuff  in flight. 

Or you have to do the flight with EA off.

been raised numerous times with aerosoft.  nothing done about it. along with the shared flight deck.

same with rex skyforce if you run it while the sim is running (unless they have patched it which i dont think they have)  again raised many times, not sure if they fixed it.

Curious, I just made a ten hours flight in one go with EA + ActiveSky without any problem of any kind. Not even one little glitch (which is quite rare, I agree).

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

12 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Curious, I just made a ten hours flight in one go with EA + ActiveSky without any problem of any kind. Not even one little glitch (which is quite rare, I agree).

Richard.

ill try it on my next 330 flight.  maybe the p3d patch or activesky patch fixed it.

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/22/2023 at 11:12 PM, DrumsArt said:

Richard.

well its just done it for me. as normal.  after 6 had to turn ea on and off again.  doesnt happen on any other a/c just the 330.

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/22/2023 at 11:12 PM, DrumsArt said:

Richard.

not to mention, the shared pilot thing they never fixed or looked at.  even after they said they would.  I remember Dave from aerosoft used to tell us on here about there was great things coming for the 330,

Im not surprised aerosoft get a grilling over their products,  They deserve it.  They are an awful company in my opinion.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png