Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

JustSim to release Oslo then exit P3D market

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What about the terminal buildings and tower? How well those are done makes a big difference. I have other JustSim airports and those are of decent quality. Having said that they did cost more so I wonder if some corners may have been cut.

Anyone else who has the Aerosoft version care to comment?

Yep, they are of decent quality. No fault here. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:20 PM, GSalden said:

Why would a company spent time and therefore money on a product and loose money when the product is not sold enough to make a profit ?

Agree, but many vendors for MSFS spent 2+ years making content for MSFS ... $0 revenue during those 2 years and most sustained with P3D/FSX sales and whatever was "saved" for future development (R&D budget).  There is NO reason that same process couldn't happen again for a different platform.  In fact, I'd suggest it's good business to have a 2 year buffer in case a market dries up ... only those that live on the edge will be washed on shore while others learn to swim.  Most call it R&D budget, without it, a companies future is extremely risky.

I don't know how much we trust reviews on Simmarket but two of the reviewers are complaining about performance issues.  Has anyone suffered from performance issues with the Justsim version?  I'll probably pick it up today, assuming its user head space and timing.

Kie Simpson.

Everybody is free to do what they want....but I am not sure why someone would buy a scenery from a dev. who announced they had jumped ship. All you do is help them for MSFS....They won't provide any updates, etc...and have made clear that, as a P3D user, you don't matter anymore.

I like their sceneries but I will no longer buy sceneries from them. They have lost me.

Edited by fnav77

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

On 7/1/2023 at 12:13 PM, fnav77 said:

scenery from a dev. who announced they had jumped ship.

JustSim is the publisher not the folks actually creating the airport models/textures.  Publishers making announcements they will no longer work on P3D is pretty dumb, what does that accomplish for a publisher?  The ONLY reason I could maybe see why a Publisher would make such a statement is if the MSFS market isn't as lucrative to them as they had hoped ... sooo they're trying to force the rest of the market share over from P3D to MSFS ... but if that is really the case, then that raises more questions.

4 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

JustSim is the publisher not the folks actually creating the airport models/textures.  Publishers making announcements they will no longer work on P3D is pretty dumb, what does that accomplish for a publisher?  The ONLY reason I could maybe see why a Publisher would make such a statement is if the MSFS market isn't as lucrative to them as they had hoped ... sooo they're trying to force the rest of the market share over from P3D to MSFS ... but if that is really the case, then that raises more questions.

If you were certain that you'd never make P3D products again and therefore you didn't not want customers wasting your time asking about P3D versions of your products, stating the obvious is far from dumb. It's in fact the smart thing to do. Not one dev who has released an MSFS product has claimed that the MSFS marketplace is not as lucrative as they hoped. No questions about that are being raised.

Justsim Oslo seems like a great purchase for anyone still on P3D who wants an updated version of ENGM for only $10, but make sure you have sufficient VRAM. This has higher system requirements than the Aerosoft version (even my RTX-2060, which isn't that old doesn't meet Justsim's requirements as listed on Simmarket).

What is the difference between the old and the new ENGM? new terminal, new taxiway, what?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

On 7/8/2023 at 8:50 PM, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

If you were certain that you'd never make P3D products again and therefore you didn't not want customers wasting your time asking about P3D versions of your products

Like I said, JustSim is the publisher, not the developer(s).  What time is being wasted exactly, they don't respond period because there is nothing they are required to respond to?  I don't think you know how this works, developer(s) goes to JustSim to sell their product, JustSim work out a contract/agreement for XYZ % of sales in exchange for adding the developer(s) product to JustSim website and/or sales/deployment tool ... same as MSFS Marketplace, Steam, etc. 

As for MSFS being lucrative ... then why are we still seeing high prices for DLC/Add-Ons?  

On 7/15/2023 at 1:58 PM, CO2Neutral said:

As for MSFS being lucrative ... then why are we still seeing high prices for DLC/Add-Ons? 

MSFS add-ons, on average, are cheaper than P3D.  Leonard Maddog is 95 Euro for P3Dv5 but it's 75 Euro for MSFS. I like to buy FSimStudio add-ons and FSimStudio scenery add-ons are cheaper for MSFS than they are for P3D (ie. CYVR, CYEG, Kelowna, etc).

Then you have the PMDG 737-600 which released for $35 USD on MSFS. That is the cheapest release for a high fidelity level airliner, that I can think of, for some time. If there was a high fidelity level airliner for P3D at the same fidelity of the PMDG 737-600 that released for $35 USD or under on P3D, I would like to know.  Mind you, that has to be the price on release - discounts on the price afterwards does not count.

Since this is related to MSFS prices, if you want to discuss this further, I can open a thread in the MSFS forum and we can discuss it there.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 7/15/2023 at 1:58 AM, CO2Neutral said:

Anyone who questions MSFS being lucrative has their head in the sand.

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just Sim exits P3D? Well, their problem. I might take Brussels from them, but I'll rely on Aerosoft for ENGM. And I don't care for MSFS market, it is not my thing, I am P3D v4 user and I'll remain on it, because unlike other peeps I spent 10K USD on that sim. Thank you.  

On 7/14/2023 at 5:46 PM, Antonov22 said:

Plans have changed perhaps, a 'new' P3Dv5 release from JustSim, LEGE Girona:

simMarket: GIRONA COSTA-BRAVA LEGE P3D5

Thanks for sharing. Never knew about this. I wish Justsim would keep their FB page up to date. Last entry at least that I can see is from 10 June.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 8/4/2023 at 9:03 PM, Krakin said:

questions MSFS being lucrative

Apparently anyone that questions MSFS on this website are in for a wave of attribution.  Perhaps we define "lucrative" differently.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, CO2Neutral said:

Apparently anyone that questions MSFS on this website are in for a wave of attribution.  Perhaps we define "lucrative" differently.

Selling the most units, turning a profit. That's pretty much a universal definition. Every big dev that has released products for MSFS have said they've made more money than they ever did on any platform. As I said before, it is a weird thing to question at this point.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.