X-Plane 12.05R1 Release notes

15 minutes ago, filou said:

1) XP12 on this side has much more possibilities

2) XP12 lighting is simply excellent,

3) the balance is already built.

1) I want a product, not possibilities

2) yes

3) no

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I see my last post got deleted without warning. Anyway, the point was that trees in x-plane need some work, and it's not like they look bad, but it's a matter of either placement/mesh or rendering.

By comparison, this is the atrocity they call trees in the other sim:

730aqgd.jpg

However, viewed from a distance they "fill" the scenery quite well. In x-plane trees look really good:

7aWzG22.jpg

But not so much from the distance, you can see a lot of gaps and a lot of repetitive treelines. There's also not much variation in vegetation like small trees and bushes.

3W97vJm.png

And not even global forests or x-world seem to fix this (the screenshots are with global forests)

The comparison with the other sim is here because Laminar could learn a thing or two from the other sim, while Microsoft will never have the interest of implementing proper flight or ground dynamics, realistic lighting or in depth systems. 

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

6 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

But not so much from the distance,

Yes, that, among several others is still right at the top of the release notes under "In progress features"

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

1) I want a product, not possibilities

https://www.gleimaviation.com/shop/cockpitbatd/

X-Plane 12 will replace that in about 4 years or so when its "finished", by the plan, aiui.

2) yes

Yes, Yes, YEsss, OOOOohhhh YES

😛

3) no

Not sure I quite get what either of you are saying, but in an effort to contribute to a fairly important topic

XP12.05 / XP1205-2023/05/06 marks a fairly significant milestone imho

1) If you are a PPL or starting/in process on a PPL in a C172/R22 (+R44, SR22 and many others) nothing comes close to XP12.05 at any price

2) The future of X-Plane is also really exciting, and built on really solid foundations, the others are so sketchy it makes me more than a little nervous for air safety when people start recommending them.

3) The Sparky744 has finally, imho, joined the very elite group of tubliners that you can fly because you want to enjoy flying airliners, not just being part of a community that desires that above all else.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

1) If you are a PPL or starting/in process on a PPL in a C172/R22 (+R44, SR22 and many others) nothing comes close to XP12.05 at any price

could be (real private pilot here who used Microsoft Flightsimulators back then), but only a minority of x-plane users are training for their PPL.

Flight schools may prefer x-plane for pure training purposes because of built-in instructor station and better access to all those data-refs., multi monitor, etc. for the price of missing entertainment features (inferior graphics, inferior modelling, inferior global scenery, inferior performance (Nvidia frame generation)) which are all irrelevant for a pure training device.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

But not so much from the distance, you can see a lot of gaps and a lot of repetitive treelines. There's also not much variation in vegetation like small trees and bushes.

3W97vJm.png

And not even global forests or x-world seem to fix this (the screenshots are with global forests)

The comparison with the other sim is here because Laminar could learn a thing or two from the other sim, while Microsoft will never have the interest of implementing proper flight or ground dynamics, realistic lighting or in depth systems. 

The trees in this screenshot look fantastic!  Coverage on the ground is good plus distant trees look authentic.  Apart from the fact trees in MSFS do not render as far away as XP12, they quickly look blurred/fluffy/unrealistic/wrong size/wrong colour.  This screenshot is hard to distinguish from reality, and a big part of that is the lighting.  the same shot in MSFS would look like CGI elements had been poorly added to the scene.

Your post is another example of the glass being 'half empty'. 

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 minutes ago, turbomax said:

(inferior graphics, inferior modelling, inferior global scenery, inferior performance (Nvidia frame generation)) which are all irrelevant for a pure training device.

But still more likely to compete with warthunder (aka where all the non PPL market is at) in the future than a flight sim that chose to have no weapons and a black screen of crash. No idea who backed that plan but it meant it ended up not even a decent kids game.

AutoATC Developer

Well, I honestly still would choose ELITE XTS ( v9 ) if I were studying for my PPL / ATPL, even more if I was at ease enough with $$$ to but their up-2-date GPS / World databases, and owned iPad...

In ELITE the scenery is almost FS4-like out of the GenView / RealView areas, but what matters is the accuracy of the various aircraft models simulated performances, allowing for RW techniques based on experience in the type to use the same memory items, pitch/power relationship, exact fuel consumption, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

OK, since like 6 of the 8 pages in this thread are not about the topic, which is (was) XP 12.05r1 RELEASE NOTES, I'm going to lock this now.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case