Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

May Developer Q&A today at 1730Z (just started)

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

A lot of the default Asobo planes have always had a functional WX radar. The problem is that it doesn't work like a real WX radar. Someone with better knowledge on how WX radars work could explain why it isn't accurate.

I keep hearing this, but from my perspective, this has worked fine since about the time when the Carenado Seneca was released.  I checked the weather radar in that aircraft it worked perfectly by only showing precipitation rather than clouds (just as it should).  It is known that tilt isn't functional yet.  Looks like they intend to work on that bit.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Did they mention anything about fixing the ground tiles bug where they seem to swap close to the plane?

No. Although there has been a mega-thread running on the Official Forum on this for weeks now. I experienced this myself in a few regions, including the Tarbes area in France.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Did they mention anything about fixing the ground tiles bug where they seem to swap close to the plane?

Stick it on the AI and ATC list. Just don't look out of the window, or listen to ATC, when flying your ATR or 787 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I generally agree.  But some towered airports in the US at least, always run with edge lights on during day VFR.  I worked at one where it was common to keep the lights on.

I hear you on that.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

No.  In my opinion the Q&A was mostly a dud, other than Matt’s AAU2 reveal which was the highlight by far.  They seemed to cherry pick niche questions that mostly only affect a small portion of the user base.  While I think Jayne does a pretty good job overall as community manager, how she came up with the questions to ask this time around is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

18 hours ago, jcomm said:

For those who claimed MFS was exhausted

Who on earth ever said that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

No.  In my opinion the Q&A was mostly a dud, other than Matt’s AAU2 reveal which was the highlight by far.  They seemed to cherry pick niche questions that mostly only affect a small portion of the user base.  While I think Jayne does a pretty good job overall as community manager, how she came up with the questions to ask this time around is beyond me.

The questions are typically the top most voted questions in the official MSFS forum for the Twitch Q&A. Usually, they will ask the top 3 voted questions. The top 4th and top 5th voted questions are usually asked too, but it depends on how packed the schedule is for that Twitch Q&A.

And from time to time, if there is not enough time to answer the top voted questions for a particular Twitch Q&A, they sometimes roll those questions to the next one. For example, if the 4th and 5th top voted question are not asked at the previous Twitch Q&A, they may roll the 4th and 5th top voted question to the next Twitch Q&A.

And please don't assume that only the top 5 voted questions are asked only. It varies from each Twitch Q&A. For some Twitch Q&As, they answered like the top 8 voted questions before.

TLDR: If you want your question asked, get it voted by the community to the top.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The questions are typically the top most voted questions in the official MSFS forum for the Twitch Q&A. Usually, they will ask the top 3 voted questions. The top 4th and top 5th voted questions are usually asked too, but it depends on how packed the schedule is for that Twitch Q&A.

If you want your question asked, get it voted to the top.

I agree, that’s how it should be prioritized, but looking at the top voted list (weather api, AI traffic, replay system, scenery gateway), none of those made the Q&A this time around.  Actually Martial did touch on AI traffic, but he seemed caught off guard by the question and said we are working on it without providing any more insight or detail.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

3 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I agree, that’s how it should be prioritized, but looking at the top voted list (weather api, AI traffic, replay system, scenery gateway), none of those made the Q&A this time around.  Actually Martial did touch on AI traffic, but he seemed caught off guard by the question and said we are working on it without providing any more insight or detail.

To be fair, they have answered weather api, AI traffic, replay system, etc, in the past.  For the scenery gateway system, yesterday Jorg said it's in alpha.

Anyways, I'm not saying that the Twitch Q&A is perfect. But it's far better than what LM and LR do - from my knowledge, I don't think either LM or LR have Q&A like the MSFS team does every 2 months or so. In fact, a lot of game companies don't do a live Twitch Q&A.  I think the MSFS team is pretty in tune with the community, compared to other game companies out there.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The questions are typically the top most voted questions in the official MSFS forum for the Twitch Q&A.

While this generally applies, I don't have seen a subforum for the Twitch Q&A this time. I might have overlooked it, but there was even a question to this effect in the sidebar chat.

The ground tiles bug certainly would have been voted into the leading questions this time. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

To be fair, they have answered weather api, AI traffic, replay system, etc, in the past.  For the scenery gateway system, yesterday Jorg said it's in alpha.

Anyways, I'm not saying that the Twitch Q&A is perfect. But it's far better than what LM and LR do - from my knowledge, I don't think either LM or LR have Q&A like the MSFS team does every 2 months or so.

That’s a good point.  Maybe they felt those top voted questions were already asked and answered before with nothing new to report.  I remember when the Laminar devs would host periodic livestream Q&As, but for whatever reason stopped doing those.  But yes, the communication from MS/Asobo is leaps and bounds beyond anyone else for sure.

• Like 3

Gary

Anyways, I'm not saying that the Twitch Q&A is perfect. But it's far better than what LM and LR do - from my knowledge, I don't think either LM or LR have Q&A like the MSFS team does every 2 months or so.

He actually said that the ScenaryGateway itself is ready (the Software is ready)

But they have issue with the Xbox website (something like user authentication) (which is odd but the whole msfs franchise is so strickly connected with the Xbox galaxy that I'm refusing to understand any related reasons )

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmb said:

While this generally applies, I don't have seen a subforum for the Twitch Q&A this time. I might have overlooked it, but there was even a question to this effect in the sidebar chat.

The ground tiles bug certainly would have been voted into the leading questions this time. 

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah, I didn't notice a forum too for yesterday's Twitch Q&A either, but at the same time, I wasn't really looking for it before the stream started. I can't seem to find the upvoted questions from March, but perhaps some of the upvoted questions in March that weren't answered last time, were subsequently asked this time?

23 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

He actually said that the ScenaryGateway itself is ready (the Software is ready)

But they have issue with the Xbox website (something like user authentication) (which is odd but the whole msfs franchise is so strickly connected with the Xbox galaxy that I'm refusing to understand any related reasons )

Ahh, okay. I missed the part where Jorg said there are issues with the XBox website, so this may be delaying the Scenery Gateway testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

As per the most recent development snapshots, the scenery gateway is coming in WU14, and the replay system (#3 on all-time wishlist) is currently in progress/experimental.

Also the weather api question was posed to the team and although no definite answers were given, I noticed a change in stance from Jorg where now he says they are actually considering opening up more of these "core" areas of the sim to 3rd party devs: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1810479907?t=01h12m32s

The ATC question seemed to provoke a guarded response from the team, as if they have info they can't reveal yet.. but bottom line looks like it's being looked at and reworked by the "best people" according to Jorg since 3 out of the of top 8 wishlist/issues items are related to ATC, fwiw: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1810479907?t=01h14m44s  .. I doubt ATC rework will land as one of their "surprises" planned for the fall, but maybe very late 2023 or 2024?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD